“Batuka” music video

22 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

M's hair is part of the Madonna Mystique since the beginning. It may have thinned out over the years with the constant bleaching & styling but for the most part her hair still looks pretty damn good for her age.

this is true i just think its funny ..she has used all hair styles up now 

2 hours ago, fuzzydream said:

she must laugh at how her fans are obsessed with her hair

I m sure she thinks those ones are reductive or regressive 

Woooow! I love this wig!!! Its so cute! Miles better than that ugly Moira Rose wig from the doc. Also, that green dress!!! She looks so chic and beautiful in color!!! Ah! I wasnt expecting the video to look this amazing!

9AM EST. Friday couldn't come any sooner!

1 hour ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I have not been a fan of this song but the video may turn it around for me. I really like what I see so far!

Yes, the thing about these kind of songs is that you have to understand where they come from in order to appreciate the sound. I fell in love with it right away because I was already familiar with this type of music before, visiting Bahia, Brazil. 

1 hour ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I have not been a fan of this song but the video may turn it around for me. I really like what I see so far!

Listen to this song, start from the middle somewhere because it starts kind of slow. This is the type of musical style among Brazilian Baianas who worship different nature deities. This particular song is dedicated to the goddess of the sea called Iemanja. 

Just now, Katypatra said:

Listen to this song, start from the middle somewhere because it starts kind of slow. This is the type of musical style among Brazilian Baianas, who are very similar to Batukadeiras, and they all pretty much worship different nature deities. This particular song is dedicated to the goddess of the sea called Iemanja. 

When I first heard the name "Batuka" ... the first thing I thought was in Brazil, Bahia, Iemanjá, the ocean and especially in the new year's eve celebrations ...

I always spend the new year's eve on  the beach. That's why it's my favorite song. 😊

4 minutes ago, Marcelox said:

When I first heard the name "Batuka" ... the first thing I thought was in Brazil, Bahia, Iemanjá, the ocean and especially in the new year's eve celebrations ...

I always spend the new year's eve on  the beach. That's why it's my favorite song. 😊

Omg I’m so glad I’m not the only one 😂👍🏼 Yes yes yes 

at first i was like 'dropping on what now' another meerkat. but i'm sure she will drop it on youtube right after same day.

its a good place to drop it since she will get the usual suspects screaming at her.  the video looks awesome!!!

Sideris- why cry, as long as it's available to view *somewhere*? Nonetheless, it will probably be on Vevo/YouTube.

If anyone's thinking in terms of charts- M's tracks are unlikely to get enough views to chart on the Hot 100, no matter what day the video is released.

8 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Believe me I’m obsessed and it’s even a top 5 song, but with the video is too much now. :dramatic:

True!!! It looks breathtakingly beautiful and the batukaeras makes it so mistique... And the ocean! And her look ❤️

8 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

The days of hits are over. We have to accept that and appreciate everything she gives us.

I don't necessarily think the days of hits are over but this song is to alternative for Radio I think, the only two video releases song wise that are chart friendly are Medellin and crave, if you look at wiki Medellin has done pretty well chart wise all over the world tons of top 10 positions beyond the UK and US.

22 minutes ago, Mystical warrior said:

I don't necessarily think the days of hits are over but this song is to alternative for Radio I think, the only two video releases song wise that are chart friendly are Medellin and crave, if you look at wiki Medellin has done pretty well chart wise all over the world tons of top 10 positions beyond the UK and US.

medellin was the right choice for first single. It's the most radio friendly popsong on the album. With Crave.

I would add Looking for mercy, crazy and come alive to that list.

all the other songs released are supergood but for radio bosses they have a to strange song structure, with all the changes of musical styles in one song like god control and dark ballet.

I really don´t understand the charts anymore, but for me it´s impossible for Batuka to become a regular hit.I mean, I can see the video having as much views as crave or god control, but the song is as non radio friendly as Bedtime story was in 1995...I can´t imagine where are they going to lay it: AC? musics of the world? electronic?

is there a chart called wonderful songs? there I can imagine it!!!😍