Madonna new New York Pride thread

12 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Sounded great

Looked flawless

Exuded confidence

Moved fluidly

❤❤❤❤

Such a beautiful performance.

Even though I wasn’t personally enthralled with the setlist, she put on one hell of a show that was clearly enjoyed by those in attendance.

I read through some of the comments in the previous threads and some were shocking and striking in their tone and content. Instead of appreciation, there was condemnation. I remember during the Hard Candy era back in 2008 thinking that she didn’t have ‘much time left’ when it came to her dancing, choreography, and energy. This wasn’t because I doubted Madonna could continue at the pace she was going at, it was simply because of.....her being a human being. We age. We grow old. We lose stamina and flexibility. 

Yet, she proved us all wrong and went on to do one of the most taxing, physically exhausting, and boldest tours of her entire career with both Stick & Sweet and MDNA. 

WHAT POP STAR DOES THIS IN HER 50’S?

Madonna did. And she continues to do it. Again and again. 

The notion that she was stiff or slow or whatever else you want to say during the Pride performance is beyond mind boggling. She was fluid. She was beautiful. She was on fire. She gave it her all as a 60 year old woman who has been performing and dancing her entire life and who’s body is naturally slowing down. I can only wish to Vogue into my 60’s and move the way this woman does, and WHEN I tear up a dance floor at 60 years old to Vogue the way I do now, I’ll have Madonna to thank for blazing a trail and breaking down the barriers of age and shattering the limitations of what means to be ‘old’.

I hope she never stops. Never slows down. I hope she performs at the 75th anniversary of Stonewall at 85 years old and has another generation in the palm of her hands. 

3 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Even though I wasn’t personally enthralled with the setlist, she put on one hell of a show that was clearly enjoyed by those in attendance.

I read through some of the comments in the previous threads and some were shocking and striking in their tone and content. Instead of appreciation, there was condemnation. I remember during the Hard Candy era back in 2008 thinking that she didn’t have ‘much time left’ when it came to her dancing, choreography, and energy. This wasn’t because I doubted Madonna could continue at the pace she was going at, it was simply because of.....her being a human being. We age. We grow old. We lose stamina and flexibility. 

Yet, she proved us all wrong and went on to do one of the most taxing, physically exhausting, and boldest tours of her entire career with both Stick & Sweet and MDNA. 

The notion that she was stiff or slow or whatever else you want to say during the Pride performance is beyond mind boggling. She was fluid. She was beautiful. She was on fire. She gave it her all as a 60 year old woman who has been performing and dancing her entire life and who’s body is naturally slowing down. I can only wish to Vogue into my 60’s and move the way this woman does, and WHEN I tear up a dance floor at 60 years old to Vogue the way I do now, I’ll have Madonna to thank for blazing a trail and breaking down the barriers of age and shattering the limitations of what means to be ‘old’.

I hope she never stops. Never slows down. I hope she performs at the 75th anniversary of Stonewall at 85 years old and has another generation in the palm of her hands. 

I cried reading this 

54 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Beautifully said. ❤️

1 hour ago, DIRTY PIG said:

Does anyone have a link to the performance 😐

Instead of talking endlessly about the state of her thighs, ear lobes etc etc 😩

I demand we have a thread dedicated to her ear lobes. lol

3 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

:clap: :clap:

Word

5 hours ago, headonfire said:

I loved the performance... But one thing that made me even more happy about all of it was how happy M was during the performance. She looked so comfortable and happy on that stage. 💗

She did look so comfortable, happy, and confident that day.

Madonna is always happy to perform on her home turf for sure.......

American Life was brilliant because of the performance it made me revisit the album last night.

I hope we get it on the tour 

7 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Nothing to add here. You said it all.

15 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

That’s right! 

2 hours ago, *mlvc* said:

Does anyone know if an HD recording was made? I'm sure there was but I haven't located one.

Will probably post it for her birthday.

15 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

+1! Right on! I couldn't believe those comments either or the fact that someone tried to diagnose her with mental issues as if they know know her and spend time with her. please!! :rolleyes: Maybe do something on your own! 

32 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

+1! Right on! I couldn't believe those comments either or the fact that someone tried to diagnose her with mental issues as if they know know her and spend time with her. please!! :rolleyes: Maybe do something on your own! 

This thread was created to post only positive comments about her performance, I did that in hopes to cancel out what was said in other threads, but I have to say, when things like "mental" are thrown out it is indicating someone, like me, was calling her crazy. That is not the case obviously and I should have known better than to go down that road, but I did that only after several other members had mentioned it, yet I was the only one crusified. Maybe talking about mental health is seen as some sort of "diss" and disrespectful in some countries but were I come from it it no problem, mental health is like any other health discussion. Wondering if someone has anxiety is not calling someone crazy or being rude but please, lets never speak of Madonna' mental health again. 

No, lets talk about her mental health, as  a good thing.

Mamas is fucking intelligent and articulate 

When I hear speak, I'm always captivated by her thoughts and opinions (especially Madame x era) 

I always try and fail miserably to speak and articulate my thoughts  like her lol

Anyways, whens the next interview ?