“God Control” thread

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Hope this means the song will get a proper single release. Send to radio and remixes please!

I doubt it. If she now has to give him a %, she will deliberately not release it. Wouldnt surprise me if she took it out of the tour DVD, or change the DVD to a doco with only selected songs.

On 6/30/2020 at 2:39 PM, luluthecat said:

Well good for him I suppose. Really don't agree with the way he went about doing that. 

I agree. I used to like him, but since the way he came across with this, I’ve lost respect for him. He’s a bit of a dick isn’t he. 

4 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

I agree. I used to like him, but since the way he came across with this, I’ve lost respect for him. He’s a bit of a dick isn’t he. 

He made a fool of himself. The way he attacked Madonna was ridiculous. I unfollowed him on social media and never listened to any Fisherspooner song again (even though I loved their music). He‘s a drama queen who loves the attention, that’s all. 

18 hours ago, strictmachine said:

I suspect copious amounts of crystal meth and poop-play in Berlin were also contributing factors!

ikr! what else explains spooner2020 video 

On 7/2/2020 at 10:55 AM, Plaything said:

He made a fool of himself. The way he attacked Madonna was ridiculous. I unfollowed him on social media and never listened to any Fisherspooner song again (even though I loved their music). He‘s a drama queen who loves the attention, that’s all. 

I did the same thing. And now that I think about it, watching previous interveiws and such, he is a total pretentious wannabe super star. But he doesnt have the goods to back it up. I can see him hanging with those ridiculous queer artists that bash Madonna all the time and love Caca

On 6/30/2020 at 4:35 PM, Runaway Lover said:

Those catalogue numbers are for the album, so nothing new here.

They mean the writing credit. His name has been added.

On 7/2/2020 at 3:15 PM, Flip The Switch said:

Who again?

Casey Spooner from FischerSpooner wanted a writing credit for his contribution to GC which didn't appear to be much. 

They may just dump the remixes onto dirrtyremixes though. 

5 hours ago, jonski43 said:

They mean the writing credit. His name has been added.

Casey Spooner from FischerSpooner wanted a writing credit for his contribution to GC which didn't appear to be much. 

They may just dump the remixes onto dirrtyremixes though.

Thank you.

Spooner is acting as though he wrote the whole damn song but his input seemed minimal to say the least. At least he got his writing credit so hopefully we won't hear anymore about him.  He's definitely burnt his bridges with Madonna though.

I can't say i'm surprised to see Gaga stans jumping all over this either. It's basically another stick to bash Madonna with.

38 minutes ago, Crux said:

Thank you.

Spooner is acting as though he wrote the whole damn song but his input seemed minimal to say the least. At least he got his writing credit so hopefully we won't hear anymore about him.  He's definitely burnt his bridges with Madonna though.

I can't say i'm surprised to see Gaga stans jumping all over this either. It's basically another stick to bash Madonna with.

Well they have to detract from the 20 writers who wrote Chlamydia for her 😂

Didn't he just write the intro text? I mean a couple of lines?

Just now, jonski43 said:

Well they have to detract from the 20 writers who wrote Chlamydia for her 😂

Didn't he just write the intro text? I mean a couple of lines?

mirwais wrote it. he just spellchecked

On 7/5/2020 at 4:29 PM, Nikki said:

mirwais wrote it. he just spellchecked

And got paid $20,000 (or was it’s 30?), his contribution was deemed too minimal for him to benefit from having a writing credit. He said his pay got taken away by the taxman so had a try at calling out M for not crediting songwriters.

....hmmmm well I guess he’s nothing to loose and worked out in his favour. But it was annoying to see all those other celebs  and singers supporting his claims of not being credited as if it wasn’t his decision in the first place. 

I think it would be great to “credit” all the people involved in a songwriting process. But from what I understand, you either choose to get paid for your time or you take smaller payment and take publishing which gives you a writing credit, where you’re then able to gain royalties......I’m no expert, but think it work a little like that. 

• 3 weeks later...