“God Control” thread

13 hours ago, Cherishisword said:

I was hoping for some official remix that will have the good stuff from the original and take out all that noise and some of the annoying whispering 

Why would a remix take out good parts of a song? The song is 6 minutes of "good stuff"

6 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Why would a remix take out good parts of a song? The song is 6 minutes of "good stuff"

no it is not. It is tiered and overproduced. It worked very well on Impressive instant (one my fave Madonna songs)but this god control is just overproduced noise that had potental just like the video..but is over literal (video) and full of noise and everything (song).

there are 100 times better songs on that album like extreme Occident, killers and IDSIF

Edited by Cherishisword

2 minutes ago, Cherishisword said:

no it is not. It is tiered and overproduced. It worked very well on Impressive instant (one my fave Madonna songs)but this god control is just overproduced noise that had potental just like the video..but is over literal (video) and full of noise and everything (song).

there are 100 times better songs on that album like extreme Occident, killers and IDSIF

This... is not it. God Control is a disco banger, the overproduced noise you talk of, I don't hear it.

Just now, tasteinmen said:

This... is not it. God Control is a disco banger, the overproduced noise you talk of, I don't hear it.

You don't, I do and many others. God control could have been a greats song if someone had the guts to say Madonna calm down girl with the whispering of the same thing while are u singing also the same thing, and give music same space, why do we need to hear your whispering all the time...give song space and time to breathe

10 minutes ago, Cherishisword said:

You don't, I do and many others. God control could have been a greats song if someone had the guts to say Madonna calm down girl with the whispering of the same thing while are u singing also the same thing, and give music same space, why do we need to hear your whispering all the time...give song space and time to breathe

Again, I have no issue with the whispering, I've never once thought "oh she's overdone it with the whispering", each to their own, but considering many fans adore this song, suggests it's a good song.

33 minutes ago, Cherishisword said:

I love the whispering. Its part of why its so infectious.

2 hours ago, Cherishisword said:

ezgif-5-8a3f3c0bc43c.gif

GOD Control is... well, GODLY.

The best song on THAT album by far!

1 hour ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I love the whispering. Its part of why its so infectious.

44 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Actually that’s the best part of the song before the beat kicks in again. :wow:

Everybody knows THE DAMN TRUTH!!!

"and many others"....  :lmao:

Why do folks always act like a bunch of others out there share their opinion? I haven't come across a single fan who thinks this song (or video) is "noise".  :lmao:

If anything, this song and video are probably the most universally praised thing from the fanbase regarding this album.

46 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

"and many others"....  :lmao:

Why do folks always act like a bunch of others out there share their opinion? I haven't come across a single fan who thinks this song (or video) is "noise".  :lmao:

If anything, this song and video are probably the most universally praised thing from the fanbase regarding this album.

I could understand God Control not being someone's favorite, but to call it noise? That's a major reach!!!

Every second of God Control is perfection. That is all. 

On edit: Actually, no. I don't understand song-craft so I don't know if it happens on the bridge or what, but when the strings start spiraling with the repetition of Wake Up, Wake Up, i am dragged straight into a 1978 disco and shot straight out into the endless infinity of the universe. 

Okay, now that's all. 🙂

there's something about this song, when it starts, you can't stop it until the end. It's like when you put on music inferno. It is humanly impossible to stop until le last seconde of hung up

• 2 weeks later...

The video is one of the best she’s ever made. Some people can’t handle the length because their attention spans have shrunk in the age of social media soundbites. It’s an absolute work of art, right up there with videos for PDP, LAP, EY, OF, Vogue, BS, and Frozen.

If staff have been furloughed or laid off, I expect record companies will be focusing on the key artists who will continue to generate revenue like Dua Lipa and The Weeknd.

Some remixes for a year old album for an artist who doesn't chart probably aren't top of the list.

Also, how can the dance chart function when clubs are closed?

I suspect she'll release them when lockdown is over and people can fit the dancefloors.

11 hours ago, jonski43 said:

If staff have been furloughed or laid off, I expect record companies will be focusing on the key artists who will continue to generate revenue like Dua Lipa and The Weeknd.

Some remixes for a year old album for an artist who doesn't chart probably aren't top of the list.

Also, how can the dance chart function when clubs are closed?

I suspect she'll release them when lockdown is over and people can fit the dancefloors.

Or at this point, just give them away for free as a gift to fans in these times...or for purchase/stream on a remix EP. I know, sounds crazy, but even if we were in normal times, feels like the time frame for these remixes is already too late. Feels almost silly to even try to make them chart at this point. Put that focus on new work for the future, and let the fans have them as is.

14 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Or at this point, just give them away for free as a gift to fans in these times...or for purchase/stream on a remix EP. I know, sounds crazy, but even if we were in normal times, feels like the time frame for these remixes is already too late. Feels almost silly to even try to make them chart at this point. Put that focus on new work for the future, and let the fans have them as is.

Preach!