“God Control” thread

1 hour ago, fuzzydream said:

shes damn rude this girl but oddly why the hell was she hash tagging the songs title in her rant constantly ..wonder if its more to do with her not being paid for her part in I RISE and asking where the money was going to from the video madonna has not made it for charity 

The bitch deleted some of her tweets from what I read asking for money. Thanks to her the media jumped on her tweets like flies on shit to post negative articles about Madonna. Gonzalez got what she wants headlines.

On 7/3/2019 at 10:57 AM, Morevi said:

So, she's a survivor.. and now she thinks, the world revolves around her?? 

She got paid for the bullshit she posted or she's just that dumb, but anyway it's sad to watch.

Emma is dumb and capitalizing on the notoriety of being there when the shooting happened. She never bothered to listen or even watch the video before posting her ridiculous tweets to her minions. M was trending at #2 with the GC video. I believe she's not a fan of our Queen and barely is aware of her before she herself got "triggered".

Does anyone know if "God Control" is going to be released as the official 3rd single?

Crave was released as the 2nd single back on May 10th. It's been almost 2 months now, and I would expect her to release the 3rd single in July. 

God Control is one of the best songs of her career--it should see a release.

Edited by jjbradleynyc

26 minutes ago, jjbradleynyc said:

Does anyone know if "God Control" is going to be released as the official 3rd single?

Crave was released as the 2nd single back on May 10th. It's been almost 2 months now, and I would expect her to release the 3rd single in July. 

God Control is one of the best songs of her career--it should see a release.

"crave" is considered an official single because it was serviced to radio, but "medellin" never was. on the other hand, "medellin" has official remixes, but there haven't been any for "crave" yet. i really don't see them servicing "god control" to radio, so i guess if they release remixes and it charts on the club chart we can call it an official single? it's all very confusing.

anyone see this? https://www.facebook.com/groups/SGMadonnaAssociation/permalink/346186109407092/

apparently monetxchange felt she was being used as a prop in god control. she doesn't explicitly say it, maybe for contractual reasons. maybe thats why she never tweeted about the video when it was released.

What did he expect? A lead role? This is a political video. Can people stop being so narcissistic? Imagine a few of the people in the original AL video complaining about screen time. Perhaps he shouldn’t have been unrealistic about what it would be.. when you’re asked as an extra and decide for yourself to go, dont attack M for it later

My friends and I have been extras a few times in series as well. Even when it’s free, we dont expect to be much on screen at all.. extras are filling the background.

1 hour ago, smeowly said:

anyone see this? https://www.facebook.com/groups/SGMadonnaAssociation/permalink/346186109407092/

apparently monetxchange felt she was being used as a prop in god control. she doesn't explicitly say it, maybe for contractual reasons. maybe thats why she never tweeted about the video when it was released.

oh well. Madonna is too kind sometimes! she makes people believe, that they're so special, so talented and unique. but not all of them are intelligent enough to appriciate her approach.

On 7/2/2019 at 2:12 AM, Danny Bubbles said:

If you respect Madonna you will respect peoples right to have a difference of opinion. Im sickened by the attacks on Emma Gonzalez and other people who were involved in these tragedies. Actually living through it and  campaigning for months or longer does give you the right to speak out. Madonnas done something for the right reason to bring about discussion and debate about an incredibly contentious subject,. She'd one expecting this kind of reaction. If she wasn't she shouldn't do it but she would have. 

The comments on here are a disgrace to everything Madonna stands for.

Emma has a right to her opinion. But I disagree with her inability to acknowledge that Madonna’s intentions were to support her. She can criticize it and still acknowledge that. But no, she crapped on it without even watching it. 

On 7/2/2019 at 10:21 AM, Ghost Town said:

And Gonzalez has the nerve for wanting Madonna to apologize to HER when she herself was in the wrong. I doubt we'll  ever get an apology from this misinformed millennial.

Why hate on millennials? Also Emma’s a Gen Z. Not a millennial.  Millennials are like in their mid thirties. 

Guest neeto_mosqueeto
20 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

The girl was a brat. And she was set straight. But to continue to bait and antagonize her with something like that picture of the straight up psycho from the NRA....no. Just no. We are not 'little monsters'. C'mon now...

And newbies, with barely a handful of posts, being belligerent to established members and telling them to 'chill the fuck out' may not exactly be the best way to start your time here at MadonnaNation.

Just sayin'. 

LOL at “established members”. I don’t mean to be rude but the original poster was condescending and asked people to chill out, and furthermore you can join him or her.

I’m not here to kiss established members’ asses. 

I’m here to read and contribute to Madonna’s work. Discussing Madonna’s critics, for better or worse, is part of it. Unfortunately, the reason this is different than a Pierc Morgan is because this Emma “brat” LOL, as you call her, is part of a Madonna song and video. Sorry if you don’t agree with other opinions because they’re not from “established members”. I don’t agree with your passive aggressive, condescension, or mother hen ways. So don’t mind if I ignore your opinion on this issue.

Also, belligerent? LMAO. Are you not entertained? LOL. If your delicate nature can’t handle it, skip to the next thread, princess. Hope that’s not too harsh for you. 

Edited by neeto_mosqueeto

3 hours ago, smeowly said:

I adore Monet, but being an extra was probably obvious when she got the call to join the video. Her disappointment is her own fault.

1 hour ago, neeto_mosqueeto said:

LOL at “established members”. I don’t mean to be rude but the original poster was condescending and asked people to chill out, and furthermore you can join him or her.

I’m here to read and contribute to Madonna’s work. Discussing Madonna’s critics, for better or worse, is part of it. Unfortunately, the reason this is different than a Pierc Morgan is because this Emma “brat” LOL, as you call her, is part of a Madonna song and video. Sorry if you don’t agree with other opinions because they’re not from “established members”. I don’t agree with your passive aggressive, condescension, or mother hen ways. So don’t mind if I ignore your opinion on this issue.

Also, belligerent? LMAO. Are you not entertained? LOL. If your delicate nature can’t handle it, skip to the next thread, princess. Hope that’s not too harsh for you. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, imakicola said:

Why hate on millennials? Also Emma’s a Gen Z. Not a millennial.  Millennials are like in their mid thirties. 

Because they aren’t from the 80s and are stuck growing up in this decade. That automatically makes them a laughing stock

14 hours ago, bardo said:

"crave" is considered an official single because it was serviced to radio, but "medellin" never was. on the other hand, "medellin" has official remixes, but there haven't been any for "crave" yet. i really don't see them servicing "god control" to radio, so i guess if they release remixes and it charts on the club chart we can call it an official single? it's all very confusing.

Hmm. My understanding was Medellin was the first official single, then Crave was the second official single. I Rise, Future and Dark Ballet were just early "album tracks" available for people to download and stream to anticipate buying the album. But with God Control, maybe it's truly just another video to accompany an album track that will never be a single. But that would be a shame, it's so good!

I could see Madonna having another 2 or 3 #1 dance/club play Billboard hits from this album.

22 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

seems just like a promo vid. there isn't even a cover for it like the rest of the singles/promo releases.

Dang it. I wonder if there will even be 3 official singles then off the album? Maybe Batuka or Come Alive? Hmm. Such an incredible album. Would be a shame to not shoot for another potential hit. Although at this point, pop radio won't play anyone over 35, really. LOL

1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

Medellín was sent to radios. It was the first single off Madame X. 

Not in the U.S. Radio stations never received a promo and add/impact date was never announced for it. 

1 hour ago, jjbradleynyc said:

Hmm. My understanding was Medellin was the first official single, then Crave was the second official single. I Rise, Future and Dark Ballet were just early "album tracks" available for people to download and stream to anticipate buying the album. But with God Control, maybe it's truly just another video to accompany an album track that will never be a single. But that would be a shame, it's so good!

I could see Madonna having another 2 or 3 #1 dance/club play Billboard hits from this album.

Crave was the Facto single for Radios.

On 7/4/2019 at 6:36 AM, neeto_mosqueeto said:

Its the “dumb opinion” which happens to belong to someone who’s on an important Madonna record, and who is part of the video.

You can do what u like... u opt to post here... but whether u like it or not, the world tweets. Your response is futile. I personally don’t care whether you think we need to chill or if people don’t agree. So you chill the fuck out. 

On 7/5/2019 at 3:54 AM, neeto_mosqueeto said:

If you want to keep posting here you’re going to have lose that huge chip you have on your shoulder. In many of your posts you lash out at other members. For somebody “new” you sure have an awful lot of familiarity here and sound bitter. It makes me wonder if you had an account here previously. :think: Either way, watch yourself.

2 hours ago, tuckeye said:

seems just like a promo vid. there isn't even a cover for it like the rest of the singles/promo releases.

It doesn't have a cover because there was no need anymore. The first 5 songs released needed a cover to be added to Spotify while now all the songs are already released with the album cover.

Since she doesn't have physical singles anymore why would they do a cover for?

Or last hope it's if she releases remixes for it. Medellín remixes had their own cover posted on Spotify. 

7 hours ago, Showdown said:

I made my own single cover if it was a maxi in the 90s 😀

godcontrolmaxicd.png

Lovely

The classic "compact disc maxi-single" and the flip case with a slew of dance remixes on the back. Those were the days. Now we're lucky to snag an expensive promo or get a bootleg.