“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

Just now, frzndrwnwrld said:

I feel bad that we are in this position to bash her but she brought it upon herself. She obviously never saw the video.

Yeah I feel the same way. Emma is a bright young woman and the face of a really important movement here in the USA. But she jumped on Madonna without knowing the facts and now she knows how crazy Stan culture is lol 

What's sad about it is that of all the people who really could/should have 'gotten' what Madonna is trying to do with this video, it would be someone like her (even if the content is too disturbing for her given she's a survivor. Understandable).

Not to mention Madonna used her voice on an actual song...an actual MADONNA song. Obviously we get the significance of that more than someone of her age, but to at least show a little gratitude... c'mon...

Not the first time these kids have caused themselves issues with their comments, so to speak. I think they have a ways to go in understanding how to navigate being public figures.

3 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

What's sad about it is that of all the people who really could/should have 'gotten' what Madonna is trying to do with this video, it would be someone like her (even if the content is too disturbing for her given she's a survivor. Understandable).

Not to mention Madonna used her voice on an actual song...an actual MADONNA song. Obviously we get the significance of that more than someone of her age, but to at least show a little gratitude... c'mon...

Not the first time these kids have caused themselves issues with their comments, so to speak. I think they have a ways to go in understanding how to navigate being public figures.

Yeah I don't typically agree with many of your posts HOWEVER you hit this 1 on the head.

I empathize a lot with Emma - I mean I myself am traumatized by Pulse, having gone to that nightclub weekend after weekend back when I lived in Florida, and I wasn't even there on that night!  So I can only imagine the horror she and her friends went through. Just so stomach-turning and awful. But THIS...just kind of felt like a knee-jerk comment that she thought would help her cause or her goal, Madonna being the easiest of easy targets. If she is getting dragged (again, I do not read comments), well, maybe she will learn next time that she has a lot of ppl on her side and they're not always going to depict this epidemic with kids gloves. That's not really an American artist's job, tbh. Many gun owners are ignorant of the horrors of mass shootings. God Control throws it right in their face, with Madonna's usual thoughtfulness and power. I'm very proud. 

Guest Future feat Quavo

What is her issue with the video exactly? That it's too graphic and needed a disclaimer? It had one...........

Just now, Future feat Quavo said:

What is her issue with the video exactly? That it's too graphic and needed a disclaimer? It had one...........

Yeah this is probably the biggest reason why she's getting pushback in her comments... kind of exposes her for not doing her hawk. 

23 minutes ago, Shedoeshair said:

I can't stand emma.  Fuck that bitch! 

Right? Dumb bitch just likes to stir up problems! That’s a shady kind of rebel, that rebels for the sake of having something to rebel against. I bet she thinks she own gun control movement, that’s how full of herself she is. 

Lol that annoying little brat that thinks she’s edgy. The fact that she never even acknowledged ‘I Rise’ shows that the problem that she has is not about the video but about Madonna. She thinks she’s edgy by being dismissive of celebs, when Kanye said he was inspired by her she got shady, like girl learn some manners and be grateful when someone praises you no matter if you like them or not. 

2 hours ago, Marcelox said:

She even say that artist are not allowed to speak of the problem.. 🙄

IMG_20190629_161211.jpg

What’s the point of talking about something ‘the right way’ if nobody is listening. 

Fact: I had never even heard of this Emma person or anything she’s ever said until Madonna brought a spotlight to this issue. And now that she has more people listening, she chooses to .... just criticise someone on her side. 

Its obviously horrific what she went through, but alas that does automatically bring wisdom and understanding about how to solve this problem. She is probably very used to speaking to people who already agree with her, but could learn from others about how to get through to those that don’t. 

That girl has such a chip on her shoulder. Clearly she didn’t watch the video. When it’s made clear to her Madonna did in fact have the disclaimer at the top of the video she changes her anger to being about how or who can talk about gun control? The fuck is wrong with her? Very very arrogant. 

Little brat is probably really worried that Madonna would steal her thunder as a gun control spokes person.

Can’t get over her massive ego! That chip on her shoulder is so big it’s a fucking oak tree!