“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

2 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

That Pulse survivor who spoke to TMZ is a longtime ageist Madonna hater. He’s getting dragged on Twitter. His twitter account is @bjoewolf. He’ll probably delete these old tweets soon.

https://twitter.com/bjoewolf/status/175724780442484737?s=21

01B1A071-B8C6-406A-9BC2-4CB552C88188.jpeg

And of course TMZ went out of their way to find someone that would say something negative. First, the other girl, and now this guy. I'm terribly sorry that these people have experience something as horrific as what happened at Pulse, but no, this is not about them, this is not only about Pulse, and they are trying to make it all about them.

Madonna is calling for action to avoid what keeps happening in clubs, schools, everywhere. She is asking us not to take gun violence as something normal, but something we must fight against by engaging with politicians, grassroots organisations, etc.

These people are taking about the violence in the video as if it is any different from what is shown 24/7 in the news, films, tv shows, and video games. But the difference is that Madonna is doing it with a purpose to call upon the world to act. 

And I'm sorry to say it, but after reading these tweets from him, he is exactly the type of gay that craves attention, and his participation in the debate comes across as exactly that -- he wants his 5 minutes in the spotlight by being negative, but what he should be doing is actually join the fight and spread the message.

And FFS how dumb, fickle and immature you can be? That guy calling for Blue Ivy, a child for god's sake .... Madonna is so right, there's still a lot of work to be done if all you have to say is granny put your clothes back on and stanning for the child of a younger pop star

If that's all you can get out of watching this video then a lot of therapy might be needed. I hate superficiality. And what has this moron done for the LGBT community anyway, compared to Madonna? I just can't

Guest jamesshot
11 minutes ago, XXL said:

What bothers me is that USA Today is lending itself to this. TMZ is just being TMZ. No surprises there. But USA Today? Tragic

It is tragic. One person has an issue and an entire article is written about it with this one person being given 75% of the article and the supportive voices, which far outnumber this one voice, is an after-thought. Shameful, but that is how Madonna is always treated. TMZ is right wing tabloid trash but they got their hit job out effectively. 

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

There were many other instances when the current pop stars never gave Madonna a shout out or support for what she does.

Just think it's a curious thing.

I don't see it as odd tbh, it's just keeping in character for them. And I don't care if I sound like the Grinch who took all the other pop stars away. It's the truth. I love loads of other female singers and artists in general, just not many other mainstream pop singers because they are unworthy of the legacy Madonna has left for them to tap into

I've always said it that those pop stars have nothing on Madonna in the intellect or education department and a willingness to use their voices for a good cause.

Like zzz. They are robots with crafted images on them. No warmth whatsoever. It's utterly disappointing and frustrating considering they are often hailed as Madonna's heiresses

Guest jamesshot
35 minutes ago, Jeby said:

This is why I have no respect for these other girls. This is why I have no time for their stupid interviews and how Madonna was and is an inspiration. This is why I could not care less about the pictures they take with her when they see her in public. This is why it drives me bonkers when M follows them on social media or gives them even a minute of her attention.

They have never ever supported this woman in anything. They all tweet about gun control anytime there is a tragedy. Then Madonna does a video about it and nothing from them because they don't want any trouble. 

Think about it. How many of them supported that magnificent speech at the Billboard awards? 

They are all spineless mental robots. Unimaginative puppets. I have no patience for them.

I don't see anything but truth in this.

Who the fuck cares what celebrities do or don’t support Madonna 

i swear this fanbase gets whinier and more insecure with every passing year 

I like knowing Madonna stands in a category of her own. And I like knowing far she’s too dangerous for ppl to stick their neck out and support 

she wouldn’t be Madonna if she were Miss Congeniality 

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

There were many other instances when the current pop stars never gave Madonna a shout out or support for what she does.

It is wise if we stop expecting anything (or even talking) about this particular matter. Madonna is totally riding her own wave. 

2 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

That Pulse survivor who spoke to TMZ is a longtime ageist Madonna hater. He’s getting dragged on Twitter. His twitter account is @bjoewolf. He’ll probably delete these old tweets soon.

https://twitter.com/bjoewolf/status/175724780442484737?s=21

01B1A071-B8C6-406A-9BC2-4CB552C88188.jpeg

let's all drag this piece of shit

Yes, Madonna is a complete different league, and completely above all the others. No one is doing what she is doing, and no one is using their work within pop culture with the same political and cultural intent as Madonna. This has been a staple in Madonna's career, and will forever set her apart.

One thing we cannot let happen is let a couple of articles from TMZ and other similar tabloids drive the conversation, and bring down the significance of this video, and its message.

THE VIDEO IS A MASTERPIECE. VISUALLY AND AESTHETICALLY BRILLIANT, AND THE MESSAGE OF THE VIDEO AND SONG MAKES IT A UNIQUE PIECE OF ART THAT NO OTHER POP STAR WOULD DARE TO RELEASE.

1 minute ago, headonfire said:

Yes, Madonna is a complete different league, and completely above all the others. No one is doing what she is doing, and no one is using their work within pop culture with the same political and cultural intent as Madonna. This has been a staple in Madonna's career, and will forever set her apart.

One thing we cannot let happen is let a couple of articles from TMZ and other similar tabloids drive the conversation, and bring down the significance of this video, and its message.

THE VIDEO IS A MASTERPIECE. VISUALLY AND AESTHETICALLY BRILLIANT, AND THE MESSAGE OF THE VIDEO AND SONG MAKES IT A UNIQUE PIECE OF ART THAT NO OTHER POP STAR WOULD DARE TO RELEASE.

The Washington Post is riding the same wave as TMZ. Ridiculous. 

And based on the recent rumours, we will get the first live performance of the song this weekend at World Pride. 🙌🙌🙌

This era has been truly outstanding, and I couldn't me more proud of M and thankful of being her fan.

I am still in awe. Have watched it so many times. Its one of her best videos ever.

What do you think if they eventually released a free violence version of the video that starts with her dancing in the club? It would be nice to have a version like that to play at bars and clubs and promote the song- and it would still support the message and show her getting mugged and protests. Do you think would go for that or will she “Freddy Im not changing my show!”

10 minutes ago, headonfire said:

As usual this fanbase zeroes in on negativity and the side effect of that is that the negativity gets louder. MAYBE if we took a page out of Madonna's book and just try to rise above, enjoy the ride, and thank god that we "get her," maybe Madonna's "scandals" would have half the life that they do. 

take it from me. I thought this video was going to cross the line into exploitation and tackiness - a fear that a lot of fans may have had, but especially me, since I have a personal connection to the events at Pulse 3 years ago. Then she releases the video and it's not only incredibly moving, but the media finally accepts that she's made a bold, real statement and talks about it as such. For the first time in god knows how long, the headlines are pretty positive. Go figure. And yet? Here we are discussing some Twitter troll and whining about Ariana Grande not saying something about it. We are ridiculous. 

12 minutes ago, side_streets said:

I saw that, and I actually started laughing.

The Washington Post should actually be ashamed for writing that article. It seemed like I was reading something from the Daily Mail. It was a whole negative spin on the actual significance of the video based on 3 tweets from 3 SJW nobodies. Actually embarrassing that they needed not one but two so called journalists to write that article.

4 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

As usual this fanbase zeroes in on negativity and the side effect of that is that the negativity gets louder. MAYBE if we took a page out of Madonna's book and just try to rise above, enjoy the ride, and thank god that we "get her," maybe Madonna's "scandals" would have half the life that they do. 

take it from me. I thought this video was going to cross the line into exploitation and tackiness - a fear that a lot of fans may have had, but especially me, since I have a personal connection to the events at Pulse 3 years ago. Then she releases the video and it's not only incredibly moving, but the media finally accepts that she's made a bold, real statement and talks about it as such. For the first time in god knows how long, the headlines are pretty positive. Go figure. And yet? Here we are discussing some Twitter troll and whining about Ariana Grande not saying something about it. We are ridiculous. 

I'm with you 100%. 

15 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

It is wise if we stop expecting anything (or even talking) about this particular matter. Madonna is totally riding her own wave. 

I don't expect anything from them as a matter of fact. I think it's just curious how they are de facto living in Madonna's world, and mechanically exploiting the template she's created, without paying the due respect, out of fear of retaliation and because they are aware of how unaware they are.

This is not about insecurity, at all, it's about pointing things out, especially those that should be obvious but clearly slip under the radar in all this conversation. And yes, that's exactly why they never experience any bad press because they always do and speak as told. Not to mention the constant Payola practices

Which is so unMadonna like as it can possibly get. Yet she's constantly attacked because she's not 30 or 40 anymore but she has opted to continue creating new work. Give me a break

19 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Which is exactly what I was referring to before, it's not so much about TMZ, it's about a quality publication such as USA Today quoting trash like TMZ  :lol:

Slightly perplexing

Madonna will never be loved by the establishment and the largest segment of the society. Things that are extremely obvious and clear at this point, in the year 2019 AD onwards - that these pop sluts are shit, that corrupted media will always downplay Madonna - need not to be "pointed out" as if they are some major shocking news. The constant need to state these same things again and again is what makes this fanbase appear very whiny. 

2 minutes ago, headonfire said:

And by the way, the video is still trending on youtube at number 7 in the UK, so still holding strong. 😊 Currently with 1,645,928 views

:clap:

Great

47 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I hear you. I was just making an observation about these pop farts. 

The sooner we all accept that Madonna's become a pretty subversive figure in pop culture, almost cult-like in status, the sooner we can all learn to enjoy her art the way she intends.

It's not 2005 anymore. Madonna post-50 has done a lot of experimenting with her legacy - she's done the money-hungry thing with the gyms and perfumes (GROSS), she's done safe (Hard Candy and Rebel Heart eras), she's done grandiose (the entire MDNA era), now the bitch wants to be an artist. That means she's had to shed a lot of goodwill in favor of being the woman she wants to be. Butt implants, experimental album, grillz, intense new music videos, eyepatch, eerie album sleeve and all. I'm here for it. But we're going to have to understand that its not for everyone and people WILL be puzzled by her. It'll change with hindsight of course - I can already hear ppl talking about Madame X in 2025 and speaking on its boldness and bravery and the visuals and blah blah blah. Same old story. 

Hey. The more they mention GC video, the more views it gets. I hope I’m right. 

The media’s been hating her since day one. So there’s nothing new here. They can keep dragging her, but she’ll survive. Can’t wait to see what she’ll come out with Batuka. 

24 minutes ago, Nikki said:

a German music fan listening to the song and seeing the video for the first time together

I like Andrea. He’s cute. 

I hate this reaction videos. Who cares what made up face you do? It's just another consequence of the social media ego game.

AND steals views form the original video, cause people already are watching it in this video of some nobody! Ugh