“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

Guest jamesshot
2 hours ago, XXL said:

Madonna's bloody 'God Control' music video draws mixed reactions

Madonna has a career-long history of being a pop culture provocateur, and her new music video for "God Control," which depicts a graphic mass shooting in a nightclub, is just another example of that trend.

The eight-minute-long video for Madonna's new track "God Control," released Wednesday, opens with a violent, bloody sequence of partiers dying after a shooting in a club. 

Patience Carter, who survived the Pulse Nightclub mass shooting in Orlando on June 12, 2016, spoke out in protest in a TMZ interview and on her personal social media accounts.

"As a survivor of gun violence, it was really hard to watch," she told the outlet. "For someone like me, who actually saw these images, who actually lived these images, to see them again dramatized for views (and) dramatized for YouTube, I feel like it was really insensitive.

Carter called on Madonna to apologize to any other survivors of gun violence who may have been triggered by the video, 

"It was grossly accurate to what I actually witnessed that night, and if I wasn't as strong as I was, and I didn't have as much (growth), I wouldn't have been able to make it through the rest of the day," she added. 

On Twitter, Carter implored fellow survivors not to watch the video, in order to avoid "the extra pain of witnessing people being slaughtered."

"I couldn’t even watch after the first 45 secs @Madonna," she tweeted. "There are so many creative avenues that could’ve been taken to bring awareness to gun control. The Victims of these mass shootings should always be taken into consideration. I applaud the attempt, but I am truly disturbed."

The 60-year-old pop star has not publicly responded to Carter's sentiment.

However, Madonna has taken to social media to promote the new video and tag relevant charities that fans can support.

"This is your wake up call," she tweeted. "Gun violence disproportionately affects children, teenagers and the marginalized in our communities. Honor the victims and demand GUN CONTROL. NOW. Volunteer, stand up, donate, reach out."

Several of the organizations posted supportive messages responding to Madonna, including March for Our Lives.

"Thank you for using your platform, speaking out, and creating this call to action," the organization's official account tweeted. "Watch @Madonna ’s powerful video that highlights the everyday epidemic of gun violence. #WakeUp"

Gays Against Guns posted several messages supporting the "God Control" video, thanking Madonna for "supporting our grassroots queer activism and shining a light on the epidemic of American gun violence."

The National LGBTQ Task Force tweeted praise for the video, with the organization's official account writing, "Thank you for your support of our work and commitment to gun control, @Madonna!"

Madonna also received support from the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, which tweeted, "@Madonna today unveiled a powerful video for #GodControl. It ends with a call-to-action to join Madonna in supporting organizations fighting for common-sense gun safety legislation and working to protect our most vulnerable, including NCADV."

George Takei also echoed the organizations' praise of Madonna, writing on Twitter, "Thank you @Madonna for supporting @1Pulse4America. You are a much welcome voice in the battle for #GunViolencePrevention and #GunControl."

USA TODAY has contacted Madonna's representatives for comment.

I saw this earlier. Of course they cite TMZ and only ONE person and devote 3/4ths of the article to that one person. This is the kind of shit she is up against. Always. I guess TMZ did their (hit) job effectively. 

Proud to be a Madonna fan. She made this breath taking, statement, on film. Only Madonna would do this.

A career high album (let's call Madame X what it is) and such fantastic imaginative, thoughtful videos. I have to say, this is an exciting and rewarding time to be a fan of Madonna. She's spoiled the fuck out of us all. Whilst maintaining her vision, focus and integrity. No one like her before, there will be no one like her after she's gone.

A true star. So glad she is giving us her all creatively after so long.

I feel lucky and blessed. We all should.

Thank you, Madonna.

From what I'm reading here, felt the" backlash" would have been more severe. 

Seems like  a nice change of pace from the usual negative social media trolls.

7 minutes ago, Nick said:

The video is done extremely well, but I don't have a need ti watch it more than a couple of times lo

Really? I literally watched LFL and Ghosttown both once only as there was nothing there to go back for but this I want to keep watching to take it all in.

I'm kind of hoping a more straightforward disco scene version will get released later as I just want to see more of the dancing and partying. Only once the message of the main one has been spread though before I'm attacked!

12 minutes ago, Nick said:

The video is done extremely well, but I don't have a need ti watch it more than a couple of times lol

I absolutely loved the video although its 8 min can be tiring to see longer than one week.

It can happens the same for me than Dark Ballet.  I’d prefer radio edits videos in a YouTube playlist. 

Edited by rodials

39 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

Most celebrities are chicken shit nowadays.

Unfortunately, a lot of celebrities that got caught in controversy have fallen. Sinead O'Connor, Roseanne Barr, Kathy Griffin, and even Madonna for the Sex book was heavily taxed in her career.

People have learned to be quiet. Nobody will take a shot for anybody else, and I don't blame them for it. I'd probably act the same way if I had any good fame of my own.

you're right, but in this case it seems so obvious to me that Madonna is on the right side of the story, I mean she's not saying something particularly controversial, it's about civilization, it's like protesting against domestic violence or femicide, everyone should share it

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

The sooner you stop putting so much clout in views and charts, the sooner you’ll be able to just enjoy the material. Otherwise, you’re gonna drive yourself crazy being annoyed.

I'm shocked the video doesn't have more views too. I figured it was the ageism factor striking again. And believe me, i love every single piece of art madonna produces and immense myself in it( even if I disagree sometimes). But that this country has so many issues on everything and madonna tries to do something about it and gets ignored for whatever reasons is bothersome and sad. 

7 minutes ago, Hobbit said:

you're right, but in this case it seems so obvious to me that Madonna is on the right side of the story, I mean she's not saying something particularly controversial, it's about civilization, it's like protesting against domestic violence or femicide, everyone should share it

But by doing so you might alienate some of your MAGA fans.

25 minutes ago, Carey said:

don't want to lessen the importance of the video and it's implications but I can't get past how beautiful she looks in this shot

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 10.15.38 PM.png

Same. So stunningly gorgeous!

I’m always surprised by how short people’s attention spans are due to smart phones and social media.  People complaining that God Control and Looking For Mercy go on too long.  The song lengths on Erotica and Ray of Light would never have passed muster with today’s audiences.

I would never want an edit or a dance version of this video.  It’s perfect as it is.  Leave well enough alone especially when it’s brilliant.

3 hours ago, Barbie said:

:rotfl:

I loved the video! I commented soon after it was first posted and realized there was still tons for me to process. I commented prematurely, basically. The video is perfect and I wouldn't change a thing.

i do admit though that part i was like wtf lol i kinda giggled and remembered how bad she is as an actress. 

1 hour ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

That Pulse survivor who spoke to TMZ is a longtime ageist Madonna hater. He’s getting dragged on Twitter. His twitter account is @bjoewolf. He’ll probably delete these old tweets soon.

https://twitter.com/bjoewolf/status/175724780442484737?s=21

01B1A071-B8C6-406A-9BC2-4CB552C88188.jpeg

oh wow nice find. indeed you dont search you find.

5 minutes ago, GOD said:

oh wow nice find. indeed you dont search you find.

Let’s drag the fucker down he’s a Gags fan anyway 

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

Wow I understand he's sensitive to the bloody scenes etc but it's like he didn't watch the whole video to appreciate and see Madonna is on his and the victims side. 

I hate when I see gay people in general talk negatively about Madonna. Have some damn respect. She spoke out for us before it was cool. You don't have to be a fan but STFU.

Regarding this Brandon Wolf guy, I can only imagine the horror he witnessed and I'm sorry he went through that. I would not be surprised if seeing the God Control video would trigger Post-Traumatic Stress. But at the same time, I would hope he would understand the good Madonna is trying to do.

Guest jamesshot
1 minute ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I hate when I see gay people in general talk negatively about Madonna. Have some damn respect. She spoke out for us before it was cool. You don't have to be a fan but STFU.

Regarding this Brandon Wolf guy, I can only imagine the horror he witnessed and I'm sorry he went through that. I would not be surprised if seeing the God Control video would trigger Post-Traumatic Stress. But at the same time, I would hope he would understand the good Madonna is trying to do.

Don't you know, she used the gays to gain popularity because it was so popular to support us during the late 80's/early 90's. She never cared about us, or so the kids say.

As someone else mentioned, it clearly says the video show disturbing images of gun violence. No one has to watch it. There is tons and tons of violent shootings in various TV shows and movies. Are they all coming for them? No war movies need to be made because it might trigger a vet, right? 

People criticizing this are just in it to get their name out there and have no merit to their complaints.

This is why I have no respect for these other girls. This is why I have no time for their stupid interviews and how Madonna was and is an inspiration. This is why I could not care less about the pictures they take with her when they see her in public. This is why it drives me bonkers when M follows them on social media or gives them even a minute of her attention.

They have never ever supported this woman in anything. They all tweet about gun control anytime there is a tragedy. Then Madonna does a video about it and nothing from them because they don't want any trouble. 

Think about it. How many of them supported that magnificent speech at the Billboard awards? 

They are all spineless mental robots. Unimaginative puppets. I have no patience for them.

9 hours ago, RyanAnth4 said:

I just want to add I’m really enjoying this moment in this #MadameX era . The god control video is having the opposite effect of backlash and all I’m reading is positivity and real praise and claim for her bravery . It’s made me even more proud to be her fan and the comments are coming from unusual people and sections it’s been really nice .So maybe it will do nothing for the single or zero sales for the album but I’m enjoying this moment for what it is . 

Bravo M , AGAIN

The climate is definitely different this time around. I believe it's because people are really wanting change and are tired of all the innocent deaths. The more it is talked about, the better. What I liked about the video is that it wasn't preachy. She didn't tell us what the solution is. She just told us to wake up and get informed. It's a good message that everyone can get behind.

49 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I'm shocked the video doesn't have more views too. I figured it was the ageism factor striking again. And believe me, i love every single piece of art madonna produces and immense myself in it( even if I disagree sometimes). But that this country has so many issues on everything and madonna tries to do something about it and gets ignored for whatever reasons is bothersome and sad. 

Actually, it's the stupid (couldn't find a better word sorry) unrealistic expectation among some fans for this video to have 10 million views after 10 hours uploaded to YouTube (yes I am exaggerating to present a point here) that is fucking bothersome and sad. 

I am not sad that a new Madonna's music video has 1.5 million views now. But I am certainly infuriated that some fans are "shocked" and "sad" that her work gets less attention than Taylor Swift or Cardi B IN THIS OBVIOUSLY SHIT CURRENT WORLD WE LIVE IN. 

5 minutes ago, Jeby said:

This is why I have no respect for these other girls. This is why I have no time for their stupid interviews and how Madonna was and is an inspiration. This is why I could not care less about the pictures they take with her when they see her in public. This is why it drives me bonkers when M follows them on social media or gives them even a minute of her attention.

They have never ever supported this woman in anything. They all tweet about gun control anytime there is a tragedy. Then Madonna does a video about it and nothing from them because they don't want any trouble. 

Think about it. How many of them supported that magnificent speech at the Billboard awards? 

They are all spineless mental robots. Unimaginative puppets. I have no patience for them.

Yeah, I've noticed that. No support for anyone in the entertainment industry, aside from George Takei? Really? Did they not see the video? Are they all on vacation? Did they all lose internet access?

6 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Actually, it's the stupid (couldn't find a better word sorry) unrealistic expectation among some fans for this video to have 10 million views after 10 hours uploaded to YouTube (yes I am exaggerating to present a point here) that is fucking bothersome and sad. 

I am not sad that a new Madonna's music video has 1.5 million views now. But I am certainly infuriated that some fans are "shocked" and "sad" that her work gets less attention than Taylor Swift or Cardi B IN THIS OBVIOUSLY SHIT CURRENT WORLD WE LIVE IN. 

I see your point. You're right that this is the current world we live in. I guess I'm just not use it.😐

29 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I agree and would hope so too.  Maybe he'll see later in time. 

1 hour ago, jamesshot said:

I saw this earlier. Of course they cite TMZ and only ONE person and devote 3/4ths of the article to that one person. This is the kind of shit she is up against. Always. I guess TMZ did their (hit) job effectively. 

What bothers me is that USA Today is lending itself to this. TMZ is just being TMZ. No surprises there. But USA Today? Tragic

10 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Yeah, I've noticed that. No support for anyone in the entertainment industry, aside from George Takei? Really? Did they not see the video? Are they all on vacation? Did they all lose internet access?

There were many other instances when the current pop stars never gave Madonna a shout out or support for what she does.

Just think it's a curious thing.

1 hour ago, Supernatural said:

It's a 9 minute video with depressing subject matter, its views are great considering no replay value for many. 

👍