“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

1 minute ago, M_Sinner said:

Me today: Mom, let me show you something shocking...

My mom: Let me guess, Madonna?

😂

Same here, she looooved the video, even cried.

This video is everything and so much more. She is killing it with this era. The music, the videos.

It is still too early to say but MX could join the holy trinity of M albums and thus create a holy quadrilogy. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Ugh, I can't stop watching this and try to catch all the little nuances throughout the video. 

What annoys me that as much press this is getting, it's only 1.3 million views in nearly 24 hours in, yet Taylor Swift can drop her video and 12 hours in, she's 10 to 20 million views in. Keep in mind, I"m not trying to take a dig at Taylor.  My objective is that Madonna is getting all this press and she's still slowly pulling in the views. I really expected by now it would had at least 5 million views if not more.  The press on this video is huge! 

2 hours ago, GOD said:

Don’t make me mug you Barb. 

:rotfl:

I loved the video! I commented soon after it was first posted and realized there was still tons for me to process. I commented prematurely, basically. The video is perfect and I wouldn't change a thing.

My partner and I sat together last night to watch it again on our TV. A large screen does it justice if you haven't already done so. 

Madonna's bloody 'God Control' music video draws mixed reactions

Madonna has a career-long history of being a pop culture provocateur, and her new music video for "God Control," which depicts a graphic mass shooting in a nightclub, is just another example of that trend.

The eight-minute-long video for Madonna's new track "God Control," released Wednesday, opens with a violent, bloody sequence of partiers dying after a shooting in a club. 

Patience Carter, who survived the Pulse Nightclub mass shooting in Orlando on June 12, 2016, spoke out in protest in a TMZ interview and on her personal social media accounts.

"As a survivor of gun violence, it was really hard to watch," she told the outlet. "For someone like me, who actually saw these images, who actually lived these images, to see them again dramatized for views (and) dramatized for YouTube, I feel like it was really insensitive.

Carter called on Madonna to apologize to any other survivors of gun violence who may have been triggered by the video, 

"It was grossly accurate to what I actually witnessed that night, and if I wasn't as strong as I was, and I didn't have as much (growth), I wouldn't have been able to make it through the rest of the day," she added. 

On Twitter, Carter implored fellow survivors not to watch the video, in order to avoid "the extra pain of witnessing people being slaughtered."

"I couldn’t even watch after the first 45 secs @Madonna," she tweeted. "There are so many creative avenues that could’ve been taken to bring awareness to gun control. The Victims of these mass shootings should always be taken into consideration. I applaud the attempt, but I am truly disturbed."

The 60-year-old pop star has not publicly responded to Carter's sentiment.

However, Madonna has taken to social media to promote the new video and tag relevant charities that fans can support.

"This is your wake up call," she tweeted. "Gun violence disproportionately affects children, teenagers and the marginalized in our communities. Honor the victims and demand GUN CONTROL. NOW. Volunteer, stand up, donate, reach out."

Several of the organizations posted supportive messages responding to Madonna, including March for Our Lives.

"Thank you for using your platform, speaking out, and creating this call to action," the organization's official account tweeted. "Watch @Madonna ’s powerful video that highlights the everyday epidemic of gun violence. #WakeUp"

Gays Against Guns posted several messages supporting the "God Control" video, thanking Madonna for "supporting our grassroots queer activism and shining a light on the epidemic of American gun violence."

The National LGBTQ Task Force tweeted praise for the video, with the organization's official account writing, "Thank you for your support of our work and commitment to gun control, @Madonna!"

Madonna also received support from the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, which tweeted, "@Madonna today unveiled a powerful video for #GodControl. It ends with a call-to-action to join Madonna in supporting organizations fighting for common-sense gun safety legislation and working to protect our most vulnerable, including NCADV."

George Takei also echoed the organizations' praise of Madonna, writing on Twitter, "Thank you @Madonna for supporting @1Pulse4America. You are a much welcome voice in the battle for #GunViolencePrevention and #GunControl."

USA TODAY has contacted Madonna's representatives for comment.

It gets even better every time I watch it! 

In some ways its classic Madonna; playing two roles to tell the story effectively. Remembering La isla bonita. 

And when she smokes she does it well!! remembering Bad girl...

and btw Brunettedonna for everrrrr!!!

30 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Ugh, I can't stop watching this and try to catch all the little nuances throughout the video. 

What annoys me that as much press this is getting, it's only 1.3 million views in nearly 24 hours in, yet Taylor Swift can drop her video and 12 hours in, she's 10 to 20 million views in. Keep in mind, I"m not trying to take a dig at Taylor.  My objective is that Madonna is getting all this press and she's still slowly pulling in the views. I really expected by now it would had at least 5 million views if not more.  The press on this video is huge! 

The sooner you stop putting so much clout in views and charts, the sooner you’ll be able to just enjoy the material. Otherwise, you’re gonna drive yourself crazy being annoyed.

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

https://www.plasticosydecibelios.com/madonna-vuelve-a-liarla-con-un-video-sangriento-gratuito/

this man used to be a serious journalist. he used to love madonna...and suddenly something happened and he hates with passion everything and anything she does

He's absolutely bonkers. And nobody reads his blog anyway.

33 minutes ago, Amelia said:

:rotfl:

Some are born to suffer

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

That article of USA Today basing all information on one single person from TMZ :lmao: How embarrassing. 

:chuckle:

You'd expect more from USA Today tbh

I want more discussion as to her brilliant decision to set the storyline in the 1970s.  This was obviously important to her with the thoughts put into the costumes, the vinyl, the typewriter, and the apartment decor.  What do you think was her reasoning?

I have to say that framing the main narrative with brunette Madonna at the typewriter elevates this video to a whole other level for me.  My favorite scenes are when Disco Donna is getting ready to go out, walking past the tv, while her neighbor frantically types.

Genius at work.

Everyone criticizing Madonna for depicting that mass shooting in a rather explicit way should come for Steven Spielberg next, for the opening sequence in Saving Private Ryan. I don't remember any criticism about that scene back then. And that scene is on a whole different level of realism. I can take a lot what is shown in movies but watching the first 20 minutes at a cinema was an almost unbearable, extremely exhausting experience that made me feel physically sick. But I get why it was done the way it was done. I bet the reality was even more horrifying. And this is what people should keep in mind before they come after Madonna. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
30 minutes ago, Shaun said:

The sooner you stop putting so much clout in views and charts, the sooner you’ll be able to just enjoy the material. Otherwise, you’re gonna drive yourself crazy being annoyed.

Hey, I enjoy the video. I've expressed that several times in this topic. Also, I don't put "so much clout in views and charts".  I'm pretty content that Madonna is no longer going to score top 40 hits anymore.  I only brought it up because it seems odd that she's gotten so much exposure for this video, but still very little views comparable to those artists who aren't getting as much press she's getting for this video. I guess I expected more by this point.

And let's be real here, I think most every fan wants this video to be viral and be seen by everyone if just for the message of the video. 😉

5 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

I think Samo was flushed earlier.

5 hours ago, Mario24 said:

ohh ok ! .. 🙂

4 hours ago, Katypatra said:

You can’t fix stupid. Glad he was flushed. Apperantly some people don’t understand the phrase “gun control”, even after Madonna has explained it many times, such as the fact that it’s unthincable that anyone over 18 can just walk in Walmart and walk out with a fully loaded gun! 

He wasn’t flushed. He’s entitled to his opinion. But he will be suspended if he keeps reposting the same lone tired obtuse rant over and over while ignoring the far more reasoned responses he gets. He was posting the same rants long before the video even premiered. Once was enough Samo. We SEE you. Stop trying to derail the thread Samo. If you have nothing new and logical to add, move on.

What I find ridiculous are the people who support gun control and have a problem with Madonna's video. I've seen a few. Mind blowing really. How are those thoughts and prayers working out? Be glad she said something! 

58 minutes ago, karbatal said:

That article of USA Today basing all information on one single person from TMZ :lmao: How embarrassing. 

Yes. With the one person TMZ could find (pay) to be triggered and outraged against the video. Their first report didn't have that so they made a deal. It's ridiculous. Those directly affected by these tragedies should very likely CHOOSE to not watch the video...just like they choose not to watch other things in the spectrum of media that remind them of their experience. 

3 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

That Pulse survivor who spoke to TMZ is a longtime ageist Madonna hater. He’s getting dragged on Twitter. His twitter account is @bjoewolf. He’ll probably delete these old tweets soon.

https://twitter.com/bjoewolf/status/175724780442484737?s=21

01B1A071-B8C6-406A-9BC2-4CB552C88188.jpeg

Yeah he's gross.

7 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

That Pulse survivor who spoke to TMZ is a longtime ageist Madonna hater. He’s getting dragged on Twitter. His twitter account is @bjoewolf. He’ll probably delete these old tweets soon.

What an idiot. Blue Ivy? 😂😂😂

23 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

1.3 million views after the first 24 hours 

Considering it is not a single, has zero airplay, no promotional push on digital or streaming platforms. It was literally just released in the middle of the week. 

I think that figure is fantastic! :brenspin:

in the united states how was the video received? any TV shows talked about it? it seems strange to me the total silence of her colleagues on social media, I expected that at least Kelly ripa, Andy Cohen, some singer would leave a comment.

Edited by Hobbit

11 minutes ago, Mr Ciccone said:

Considering it is not a single, has zero airplay, no promotional push on digital or streaming platforms... It was literally just released in the middle of the week, I think that figure is fantastic! :brenspin:

And it has outdone "Crave", which gained 872k in its first day 

34 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Wow I understand he's sensitive to the bloody scenes etc but it's like he didn't watch the whole video to appreciate and see Madonna is on his and the victims side. 

16 minutes ago, Hobbit said:

in the united states how was the video received? any TV shows talked about it? it seems strange to me the total silence of her colleagues on social media, I expected that at least Kelly ripa, Andy Cohen, some singer would leave a comment.

Most celebrities are chicken shit nowadays.

Unfortunately, a lot of celebrities that got caught in controversy have fallen. Sinead O'Connor, Roseanne Barr, Kathy Griffin, and even Madonna for the Sex book was heavily taxed in her career.

People have learned to be quiet. Nobody will take a shot for anybody else, and I don't blame them for it. I'd probably act the same way if I had any good fame of my own.