“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

Just now, karbatal said:

It is not to be compared to Medellin because the Maluma brigade are the ones giving lots of views to the video and the BB Awards performance, not to mention the Spotify streaming. 

Yes but it is still nice to have the stats discussion 

4 minutes ago, Leebf said:

Fuck off @Samo you twat. I am so glad i live in Australia where we took action and introduced tough gun laws after a massacre. Whilst certain people can legally own guns like security armour guards, police and farm people i feel totally safe that i can go about my life and not have to worry about gun violence. Yes it may occur due to illegal guns or people  with legal guns going crazy but i am very happy to live in a country where buying fire arms  is very restrictive. At least i know if some one  is crazy or mad or angry they can't in the heat of the moment lose their shit grab a gun and shoot up a place out of anger.

THANK YOU.

I am a very proud American - I do not apologize for my own pride in my (very imperfect) country. But right now, I have many reasons to be embarrassed. More Americans need to hear language like this from Europeans and the rest of our allies. Our country is going through a painful "death by a thousand cuts" government lead by the orange turd with Alzheimers (Trump), and the guns issue seems more stark now than it ever has. Some people in the USA seem to think this is a civilized way of living. People like @Samo give them latitude to spew their poison with his ludicrous and fallacious arguments. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
11 minutes ago, karbatal said:

To be honest, no person unrelated to guard services need a gun. 

That is what I meant, guards and police.

14 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

977,416 now! 

I have no idea, but "Medellín" had 4.2 million in its first 24 hours

Wow 4.2 well fecking done!!

This video has legs. I do enjoy watching how fast the numbers move!

Not that it means anything because the art is the important thing and this is likely the most important video she's ever done but I genuinely have a feeling she might walk away with Video of the Year at the VMAs this year. I honestly can't believe how important, brilliant, terrifying and tragic that was.

You just can't snub that, and Twitter/blogs etc are absolutely applauding her. 

TMZ just showed a Pulse survivor calling out on Madonna's God Control video. Come on. Yes this is graphic, this is disturbing and probably hard to see for people who survived similar tragedies. And that's exactly the point....WE all need to wake up and see that something like that could happen anytime, anywhere...and it's brutal and has to stop. Sorry for my English 🙂

5 minutes ago, maximiliano- said:

TMZ just showed a Pulse survivor calling out on Madonna's God Control video. Come on. Yes this is graphic, this is disturbing and probably hard to see for people who survived similar tragedies. And that's exactly the point....WE all need to wake up and see that something like that could happen anytime, anywhere...and it's brutal and has to stop. Sorry for my English 🙂

Your English is perfect. And even if it weren’t, there’d be no need to apologize. 

40 minutes ago, Leebf said:

Fuck off @Samo you twat. I am so glad i live in Australia where we took action and introduced tough gun laws after a massacre. Whilst certain people can legally own guns like security armour guards, police and farm people i feel totally safe that i can go about my life and not have to worry about gun violence. Yes it may occur due to illegal guns or people  with legal guns going crazy but i am very happy to live in a country where buying fire arms  is very restrictive. At least i know if some one  is crazy or mad or angry they can't in the heat of the moment lose their shit grab a gun and shoot up a place out of anger.

:clap:

Surprised that Samo did not add his usual digs at liberal beliefs and women - his usual targets.  

45 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Gun control is not gun prohibition. Some people need guns and should have them. Most people don't need them and shouldn't. But most of all, semi-automatic weapons should be prohibited, in my opinion. Even though gun death has steadily declined in the US since 1993, it's still a very important issue. Using gun imagery in art is a completely serapate subject.

Exactly.  Gun Control is not a blanket ban on guns.  Here in Australia, we have very strict gun laws and the only people that can carry guns are police, certain security and remote farmers who have shotguns for animals killing their stock,  not automatic weapons that can be used for shooting people on mass.   Why does anyone need to own a high powered automatic weapon ?   They were not even around when the Constitution was written.  The love for guns is something so bizarre.  

1 hour ago, Samo said:

Her guards are ARMED

I've seen this argument quite a few times from Madonna haters and NRA types in the comments sections of some of the articles that have come out today after the video premiered. 

With literally 1 minute of critical thinking it is obvious that this is just an absurd argument to try to label Madonna as a hypocrite. Having armed security guards that are protecting their client from harm is in no way contradictory to seeking improved laws to manage who can own a gun and when, how guns should be stored/protected so they don't get into the wrong hands (innocent children or malicious criminals) and what types of guns and gun equipment can be purchased (i.e gun CONTROL). 

5 minutes ago, swimtoshore said:

I've seen this argument quite a few times from Madonna haters and NRA types in the comments sections of some of the articles that have come out today after the video premiered. 

With literally 1 minute of critical thinking it is obvious that this is just an absurd argument to try to label Madonna as a hypocrite. Having armed security guards that are protecting their client from harm is in no way contradictory to seeking improved laws to manage who can own a gun and when, how guns should be stored/protected so they don't get into the wrong hands (innocent children or malicious criminals) and what types of guns and gun equipment can be purchased (i.e gun CONTROL). 

Thank you!

....I can’t understand how some people don’t seem to get that.

4 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Highly doubt fat ass Mooriah could ever do this!! Madonna the risk taker, the bold and the beautiful is back to slay everyone with the gun that’s in her brain!! 

Why the need to put down other women ? 

I think Samo is entitled to his opinion. Madonnas message is about expressing yourself, after all. Shutting him down is like the people who try to shut down M. I was quite moved by the video because as much as I wan  to love this era, the title, the styling, the eyepatch, the concept and the songs have under whelmed me. But this was amazing - really felt like the essence of Madonna and what I love about her. I wish her management had had the guts to lead with this and I wish shed kept more with the two looks in the video than the eyepatch. That said, I think its ok to discuss madonnas body guards being armed, her last husbands use of violence in his work - and I do love the video, but I also somehow feel a bit uncomfortable about the fact it seems to use glamour to condemn shooting. The way its done feels like a glamorous really exiting movie. But that's what artists are there for and I think its great she's done this. Wish she would do a whole album of disco inspired songs with provocative videos!

2 minutes ago, Danny Bubbles said:

I think Samo is entitled to his opinion. Madonnas message is about expressing yourself, after all. Shutting him down is like the people who try to shut down M. I was quite moved by the video because as much as I wan  to love this era, the title, the styling, the eyepatch, the concept and the songs have under whelmed me. But this was amazing - really felt like the essence of Madonna and what I love about her. I wish her management had had the guts to lead with this and I wish shed kept more with the two looks in the video than the eyepatch. That said, I think its ok to discuss madonnas body guards being armed, her last husbands use of violence in his work - and I do love the video, but I also somehow feel a bit uncomfortable about the fact it seems to use glamour to condemn shooting. The way its done feels like a glamorous really exiting movie. But that's what artists are there for and I think its great she's done this. Wish she would do a whole album of disco inspired songs with provocative videos!

Are u trolling? Like seriously, do u wanna pay her a compliment, which is optional of course, or r u just talking out of ur ass? R u talking about gun control here or something as superficial as an eye patch?

Like What?

2 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

Rosie O’Donnell on her insta story said the god control video was pretty astounding

At least she disnt use the word "neat" 🤣

Guest jamesshot
2 hours ago, Samo said:

I love the video but her hypocrisy is pretty crazy

Her guards are ARMED, she used to kill pigeons for sport with GUNS while married to Guy Ritchie in the early 2000s, she has glamorized guns, as well as almost every rapper that she's worked with, herself many times.  Revolver... Gang Bang....

She has a photo of Angela Davis on her wall, Davis was part of the old school Black Panthers and was armed all the time, even shooting at people in a courtroom...

It isn't hypocritical. I LOVE politics but you bring it up in every discussion. And seem obsessed with bringing it up.

Maybe he guards wouldn't need guns if the world didn't have guns but that wasn't her point in this video. She is pointing out something is very wrong now. Something changed. We aren't safe anywhere. She said gun control not get rid of guns, at least in this video. 

We are clearly off the rails with guns. We have so many mass shootings we are dangerously close to being ho-hum about it. So her message is clear- WAKE UP!

3 hours ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I think we're all coming to terms that Madonna is basically done in Europe for the foreseeable future. The Americas are where she's going to be most appreciated this era. 

Basically current Europe doesn't deserve her. I hope she will reach to South America and Asia more often