“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

9 minutes ago, peter said:

I noticed that, too — proofreading and copy editing for work can sometimes be such a curse in everyday life. 

But I’m not going to nitpick. The video is epic. I got chills watching it and my eyes definitely got teary. It is powerful and repeat viewings would deepen appreciation. I’m not ready to watch it again jusy yet, but I know I will.

She is amazing and fearless.

I agree. I also noticed the incorrect usage of “everyday” instead of “every day” in the opening titles. But it doesn’t take away from this masterful video.

5 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Why does Discodonna remind me of Selina Kyle and TypewriterDonna reminds me of Catwoman from Batman Returns? 

This video is so brilliant. I’ve watched it 5 times this evening. 

Funny! Especially because the Michelle Pfeiffer reference was (reportedly) supposed to be Scarface, rather than Batman Returns. But I like it!

3 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I agree. I also noticed the incorrect usage of “everyday” instead of “every day” in the opening titles. But it doesn’t take away from this masterful video.

YES! Me, too — but I forgot about it because it was at the very beginning and the rest of the video impacted me so heavily! Good catch (and memory)! 

PS : Just found a typo in my earlier post! That ought to teach me some humility, eh?! Haha!

Edited by peter
Added PS

What an incredible video.

Without question one of the best videos of her entire career. I am astonished at the quality and quantity of work she's putting out with this record. Unreal. You know she's back to her A game when you forget about every other artist (male or female) out there. 

So so good. Wow. 

5 hours ago, johndvd25 said:

This is her best era since Ray Of Light

After this video, following on from what we have received already... absolutely no question. Welcome back Madge it's been a long time! 

Brilliant video that gets the message across totally.   Gun massacres are senseless and the heart breaking tragic consequences need to be shown as does the fear, terror and violence the victims feel when it is happening.  This video showed it all and did not sugar coat or flirt around the issue.  Baffling that people support someone owning a high powered weapon as their right - over the rights of everyday people to live their lives without the opportunity of being killed by a gun massacre.    Madonna has shown it all with this incredible video. 

19 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Not trying to be a grammar police here. But the use of everyday is correct. Everyday as adjective doesn’t mean things happen every single day, but rather happen very often. Correct me if I’m wrong. 

6 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Not trying to be a grammar police here. But the use of everyday is correct. Everyday as adjective doesn’t mean things happen every single day, but rather happen very often. Correct me if I’m wrong. 

It’s one word “everyday” (adjective) versus two words “every day” (adverbial phrase). 

So gun violence is an everyday occurrence in the U.S. ... but gun violence occurs every day in the U.S.

The English language is odd, I know. But that’s how it is supposed to be. 

8 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

It’s used incorrectly. It would be one thing if it were used as an adjective and read “It’s an everyday occurrence.” Instead, it reads “It’s happening everyday.”

2 minutes ago, Shaun said:

It’s used incorrectly. It would be one thing if it were used as an adjective and read “It’s an everyday occurrence.” Instead, it reads “It’s happening everyday.”

Right! This.

3 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

BeYAWNce cannot even compare to our Queen. Madame X is striking a chord to the masses.

Beyondce, to me was never a queen and will never be.

Guest jamesshot

I'm hearing great things from people I didn't expect to.

It is one of her best videos ever. One friend, who is not really a fan but not a hater, said it seemed like a movie. She loved it.

The way the video is crafted isn't offensive at all. It could have hit the wrong note but the execution was flawless. It hit all the right tones when it needed to. The video was a kind of dance, alternating between emotions with a real tightness that works. 

I interpreted the children singing and the coffins as those being the coffins of kids, not of the nightclub goers. 

All the videos have been so well done and diverse. Who else could do this? 

1 hour ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Views froze at 491k it seems like it exploded, hopefully it hits 1M before 24h.

The video is amazing, it resonates the most with Americans I guess. 

I don’t really understand why the Brunnete M is typing and throwing away those papers? And which connection does she have with the Blonde M? Is she really her next door neighbor?

Hopefully, but even 1m/24h is way too low for all this epicness

Medellin had 4m/24h

The most views come from Brazil in this era..where are the US and European views?

Crave, Dark Ballet have dire views amount. This is not a Kylie.

4 minutes ago, jamesshot said:

I interpreted the children singing and the coffins as those being the coffins of kids, not of the nightclub goers.  

I think this is quite possibly correct ...

As the timeline works backward, toward the end of the video (which would be early in the chronological sequence), one or both of Madonna’s characters is/are seeing on the television about a school shooting in Arizona ... this is possibly what is inspiring the brunette Madonna to compose at the typewriter. And then the shooting at the disco/club happens. Possible that the coffins are from the school shooting referenced before the disco shooting.

It’s like Gertrude says in Hamlet: “One woe doth tread upon another’s heel, so fast they follow.”

Idiot TMZ comments on her age, appearance, & being irrelevant.....YET she's making headlines worldwide and the morons read and saw the video. They felt the need to post something about her.

7 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I haven't hear one person say anything negative about the video so far.

The keyboard warriors of TMZ comment section on their webpage. Mocking her looks, the video, & being irrelevant.

1 minute ago, Ghost Town said:

Idiot TMZ comments on her age, appearance, & being irrelevant.....YET she's making headlines worldwide and the morons read and saw the video. They felt the need to post something about her.

To be fair, every comment on every TMZ post is like that. Super negative and loving to drag people down.

1 hour ago, mimimong said:

Her best video in years! Can you imagine Kylie doing this?

HELL NO.....'Play It Safe' giggly Minogue wants a happy fairy tale disco extravaganza.

4 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

To be fair, every comment on every TMZ post is like that. Super negative and loving to drag people down.

I usually don't check on TMZ but this video was so newsworthy. Thanks for the info. At least our Queen is not the only punching bag for those lowlifes.