“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

6 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Too bad that pesky dancing got in the way of all those brilliant typing scenes.

Did the song even play? I can't remember.

Go away.

Amazing amazing, just wow. Madonna again again proves why I love her so much. She is everything, the video is everything. Blown away! 

15 minutes ago, Barbie said:

I LOVE THE VIDEO! IT'S PERFECT.

The only part I would remove is the part where she gets mugged lol. It felt out of place and random. A perfect video otherwise. It's EVERYTHING! Another stunning visual from the QUEEN.

She gets mugged with a gun..so..

Wow what a masterpiece !!!

Heartbreaking and so beautiful... it's been a long time she hasn't look so human and vulnerable in a video...

2 minutes ago, Starman said:

I Agree

very well done for her

Amazing song

great editing

Its PURE MADONNA the woman we all love

*wish it was so pixelated (her team always uplosd shitty quiality videos lol)

I did notice in the middle of the video, it got pixelated and I was watching it in 1080p. 

59 minutes ago, Samo said:

but she sure makes sure HER security detail is armed?  Kinda hypocritical, is it not?

Gun control doesn't necessarily = 100% ban on guns for every single person. Furthermore, the incident you're referencing was nearly 25 yrs ago so who knows what her stance was at that time. The world was a completely different place in 1995. Also, who's to say Madonna is necessarily the one that chooses the weapon her guards have on hand? It's entirely possible she has no say at all in that. The point is if the whole mentality surrounding guns was different in this country then perhaps whoever chooses for the guards to carry guns and not some other weapon wouldn't select guns as the #1 weapon to go to for defense. You and I and every other American have been conditioned our whole lives to think guns are "normal" and a fundamental right.....this is deep rooted and goes back hundreds of years. All of that can't be undone in one swoop. If the tide ever does turn and the general consensus is guns are bad and should be banned, it's going to take generations. Have to start somewhere though!

Only idiots are gonna oppose her for this video!

Get ready to see a lot of lunatics. You should anyway. If they do then Madonna was successful!

Wow that was powerful I’m so proud to be a fan, I just hope your Piers Morgan’s etc don’t use the Gang Bang performance against her to shit on her message you know how the GP can be influenced by the press. 

11 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Too bad that pesky dancing got in the way of all those brilliant typing scenes.

Did the song even play? I can't remember.

You really should shut the fuck up sometimes. 

Just now, MattyMads said:

Wow that was powerful I’m so proud to be a fan, I just hope your Piers Morgan’s etc don’t use the Gang Bang performance against her to shit on her message you know how the GP can be influenced by the press. 

Don't fucking worry. Yeah, he is gonna take cheap shots, but it's gonna backfire. Trust me, Madonna probably wants this. Don't be alarmed. The video is perfect.

5 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

She gets mugged with a gun..so..

If you look at the order of things.

Discodonna is looking at Gun Violence on TV, ignores it and carries on with her day. 

Discodonna gets mugged with gun, ignores it and carries on with her day.

Discodonna dies at the Disco due to Gun Violence.

If Discodonna did not ignore the problem, if only she woke up. She maybe could've avoided the deaths at the Disco.

This is why the chronological order of the video has been reversed. It's not enough to know that Gun Violence is happening, it's important to note that bad things happen when good people do nothing at all. Wake up!

We are all Discodonna, but we need to be more like Madame X. 

Edited by Urien

I'm speechless! Still have to process all the scenes. One thing's clear though, there's no one as brave as her in the music industry. This video just confirmed it once again. I have so much respect for her

aybe I'm wrong but it could have been better realized, the shooting had to be the coup de theater that destroys the moment of euphoria, for me the reverse doesn't work. even the sound of the keyboard distracts attention from the words of the song, the photograph focuses too much on warm colors. I find the teaser instagram definitely better. sorry, i appreciate the power of the message but for me it's a wasted opportunity

Ok, so here are my 2 cents:

To me, the video is very irritating, especially while viewing it for the first time - I was pretty confused (and very emotional) afterwards and of course that's the whole point of it!

Just like we, the viewers, want the excessive shooting to stop and (maybe) the frantic editing to slow down and the chronology of events to be restored, so does Madonna want to have more control - gun/god control! Does that make any sense?

God, she is a genius. This video is a political work of art.

1 minute ago, Urien said:

Discodonna is looking at Gun Violence on TV, ignores it and carries on with her day. 

If Discodonna did not ignore the problem, if only she woke up. She maybe could've avoided the deaths at the Disco.

This is why the chronological order of the video has been reversed. It's not enough to know that Gun Violence is happening, it's important to note that bad things happen when good people do nothing at all. Wake up!

Please post this comment on her YouTube channel!!  👏👏👏

3 minutes ago, Narendra Sen said:

So the women in the 3 pictures hanging on the wall are Frida Kahlo and........

Nina Simone.... AND?   I don't know the other one.  Anyone knows?

4 minutes ago, Narendra Sen said:

So the women in the 3 pictures hanging on the wall are Frida Kahlo and........

Angela Davis, and also there's a Martha Graham picture I believe...

6 minutes ago, Urien said:

I really like your interpretation!

3 minutes ago, Urien said:

Genius 

I was prepared for the club shooting cuz we all knew it was gonna happen, but I was taken aback at the mugging.  I can't believe she had the guts to go there and reenact something that happened to her many years ago

5 minutes ago, Urien said:

:clap: 

1 minute ago, le smoking said:

I was prepared for the club shooting cuz we all knew it was gonna happen, but I was taken aback at the mugging.  I can't believe she had the guts to go there and reenact something that happened to her many years ago

Yeah. I'm brazilian and those things happen all the time here. It happened to me, too.

But we're supposed to not react or fight back. If I had reacted like she did in the video when they mugged me, I'd probably be dead.