“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

I LOVE THE VIDEO! IT'S PERFECT.

The only part I would remove is the part where she gets mugged lol. It felt out of place and random. A perfect video otherwise. It's EVERYTHING! Another stunning visual from the QUEEN.

Just now, Barbie said:

The only part I would remove is the part where she gets mugged lol. It felt out of place and random. A perfect video otherwise. It's EVERYTHING! Another stunning visual from the QUEEN.

It was absolutely a reference to her mugging and rape that took place in her early life.

Just now, kubi said:

It was absolutely a reference to her mugging and rape that took place in her early life.

See I didn't even think about that. With Gun Control being the main focus that might get lost on most people. I get it now though thanks!

1 minute ago, Barbie said:

I think it’s perfect. It shows delinquency. #ItHappensEveryday 

Just now, Flip The Switch said:

I think it’s perfect. It shows delinquency. #ItHappensEveryday 

Yes the video is perfect! That's the only part that confused me. I do love it though it's a masterpiece.

WOW WOW WOW! I have just watched this diamond of a video! Fucking hell, I am absolutely impressed! Have not seen a music video this well crafted and powerful, by anyone, not just Madonna, in a very long time.

Message is surely delivered, and the beauty of this video, despite the very sad, tragic tone, is that, at least for me, I want to watch it over and over again. The first couple of minutes almost had me in tears. By the end of it, I felt tearful...

Madonna really went for the jugular here, well done to her for not holding back and expressing it in such a poignant, strong way. What a great statement, bowing down to her.

Will it raise a few NRAs eyebrows? Are people getting pissed off already about it? GOOD!

5 minutes ago, acko said:

I think putting the shooting in the beginning and letting the 'song' take a back seat shows a lot of integrity.

Yes. 

It's hard to put into words how big of a deal this video is for her career. I think it'll be a big deal in the months to come. 

1 minute ago, Barbie said:

See I didn't even think about that. With Gun Control being the main focus that might get lost on most people. I get it now though thanks!

That scene reminded me SO much of Like a Prayer. When the KKK stab that woman, the way they grabbed her reminded me of that.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
1 minute ago, Dany Targaryen said:

That scene reminded me SO much of Like a Prayer. When the KKK stab that woman, the way they grabbed her reminded me of that.

Good point!

I cant breathe...Best video of the decade!!! My heart stopped while watching it. Im not into bloody scenes & violence in movies etc..but i cant help watching the video on repeat. Bloody brillant!!! Gives me chills during the church scene. The typewriting scenes are stunningly splendid! Im rambling now. I love madonna even more!!! Proud to be a fan!!! Effin obsessed with the video!

Too bad that pesky dancing got in the way of all those brilliant typing scenes.

Did the song even play? I can't remember.

18 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I am floored, once again, by this woman. I was probably the most concerned person on this forum about this video, thinking she was going to go batshit and do this wrong.

It is brilliantly conceived and the message is so smartly delivered. She really is a creative genius. I am very moved. 

I Agree

very well done for her

Amazing song

great editing

Its PURE MADONNA the woman we all love

*wish it was so pixelated (her team always uplosd shitty quiality videos lol)