Was Creating A Standard Edition A Mistake?

both are still available on australian itunes.

but from what ive seen in stores and online, physical CDs only have the standard and the 2CD versions. Cant buy deluxe CD anywhere here (except on vinyl, which is only deluxe)

what cover belongs to what doesn't really matter anymore anyway. I couldnt even tell you which RH cover was which.....

Feel sad that people that might only happen to buy the standard will miss out on great songs. Same with MDNA and Rebel Heart.  Major Fans like all of us here won't miss out but if someone was given a standard album or bought one in the shop, they have missed out indeed. 

From what I heard, they created a standard edition because those are targeted to casual fans and prefer to add the more accessible tracks on there.

Times have changed from the one edition.

Bit at least now we don’t have to buy the singles to get the B sides (now called bonus tracks).  Sometimes those were hard to track down.

I love the cover, but I think its absurd to really have MadameX without Extreme Occident - I bought the Deluxe. EO is absolute brilliance. I don't know how, but I think its among her best songs ever... In retrospect, I think its a genius move, because lots of fans bought both albums which helped her immensely.

13 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

I’ve heard of a “Les Mis” cover and now you’re talking about the “Frida” cover; can anyone tell me which is which? 😅😅  If you ask me, this should’ve been the only cover; without the MADONNA.

115DD1E5-F661-41AA-B37A-4FEF37ADE056.jpeg

As for the editions issue, I agree it’s pointless to release 3 different ones. The boxset stuff should be something special. Not just something anyone can access, like that Rebel Heart VIP hardcover book edition, which was limited.

Wooooooow. This looks fucking perfect without the other font cluttering it up. Gorgeous.

I see the standard as technically the main tracklisting, and the songs on the deluxe/2 extra exclusives on Target as just the b-sides or left over tracks from the recording sessions, used as bonus tracks to give them to us in one go rather than as b-sides.

6 hours ago, Paul said:

both are still available on australian itunes.

but from what ive seen in stores and online, physical CDs only have the standard and the 2CD versions. Cant buy deluxe CD anywhere here (except on vinyl, which is only deluxe)

what cover belongs to what doesn't really matter anymore anyway. I couldnt even tell you which RH cover was which.....

Because the deluxe cd was only an instore exclusive in 3 stores in 3 different countries. Even in those countries, the normal editions would have been in all other shops in those countries

18 minutes ago, Jitterbug said:

I see the standard as technically the main tracklisting, and the songs on the deluxe/2 extra exclusives on Target as just the b-sides or left over tracks from the recording sessions, used as bonus tracks to give them to us in one go rather than as b-sides.

LOL.

16 hours ago, GOD said:

Buy both!

Oh I did!  And the UK box set too.