Madame X debuts at 1 on the Billboard 200

6 hours ago, Jeby said:

Also, how anyone can say oh Madonna has only 95000 fans because she sold 95k albums is just hilarious. Do you know how many people don't buy albums? Or music at all? Do you think Ariana Grande has only 116k fans? ok Madonna has 14million followers on IG. Do you think even a quarter of them bought the album? Some of you say the strangest things and so conclusively that the mind boggles.

I said "Madonna fans".

Madonna fans are mostly physical format supporters.

Only her real fans will buy her album to support her.

Just go to the "MX formats / boxset" threads and you will be able to tell who are the real fans.

Buying or streaming the album is form of support to the artist that you like.

Even if you don't buy the album, stream it but sadly MX 1st week streaming was only 5K.

Only casual member who pretends to be "fans" would come in here and start telling it's ok that people don't buy albums even if you're a fan. :megamanson: 

And you actually believe all her 14million IG followers are her fans?! :rotfl: Don't you know there's so many blind followers? And some only follows for the sake of following?

You sounds even more strange than anyone else in this forum and the sad part is you don't even realize it. :rotfl: 

4 hours ago, lasky said:

Though the Grammys are now a popular contest, I still want the nominations  big or small to come in which M deserves and also to compensate for their outrageous snubs over the decades...

Can you image the news it would generate for a 60 year old to be nominate in pop categories.... it would be a slap for those people who ever criticised her for chasing the trends... and should she won a few, it would be a great collection to her current numbers (which I seriously hated they always say 7 time Grammy award winner) she is long over due for a few more additions.

Many great artists dont have grammies

10 hours ago, metalissimo said:

Madame X debuts at no. 2 on Canada album chart. 

https://www.billboard.com/music/Madonna/chart-history/canadian-albums

I think its because Madame X tour doesn't have any shows in Canada. That makes general public didn't buy Madame X. 

???? Confessions tour was not going to every country, yet the album was a hit in almost all countries. I dont think the tour has anything to do with the success of the album.

1 minute ago, Andra said:

And also her worst pic ever. You have one job, is it that fucking hard to just use the right cover/photo.

Plus it 11 years old... She has so many great pics for the launch of Madame X.

1 hour ago, elijah said:

???? Confessions tour was not going to every country, yet the album was a hit in almost all countries. I dont think the tour has anything to do with the success of the album.

Confessions tour has shows in Montreal, Canada. 

Im talking about Canada. 

3 hours ago, horn said:

I said "Madonna fans".

Madonna fans are mostly physical format supporters.

Only her real fans will buy her album to support her.

Just go to the "MX formats / boxset" threads and you will be able to tell who are the real fans.

Buying or streaming the album is form of support to the artist that you like.

Even if you don't buy the album, stream it but sadly MX 1st week streaming was only 5K.

Only casual member who pretends to be "fans" would come in here and start telling it's ok that people don't buy albums even if you're a fan. :megamanson: 

And you actually believe all her 14million IG followers are her fans?! :rotfl: Don't you know there's so many blind followers? And some only follows for the sake of following?

You sounds even more strange than anyone else in this forum and the sad part is you don't even realize it. :rotfl: 

The truth is somewhere in between. I have friends who are diehard fans, love the album, know the songs, bought tickets for the tour and yet are not planning to buy the album at all.

"I don't even have a CD player or a turntable. What am I going to do with it?" is the usual argument. A few have also mentioned Rebel Heart or even MDNA was the last CD they bought.

I've tried counter arguments like "your collection will be incomplete", "you're going to show your support buying it" or even "the booklet is amazing" to no avail. They'd usually blow that amount in a couple of drinks any given night which makes it even more irritating 💆‍♂️ oh well.

How do you define "diehard" fans?

They do have smartphones, don't they?

The tickets come with digital download. If they are not downloading it, they DO NOT qualify as "diehard" fans. Based on your description, I doubt they even bother to download.

They are the BEST example of "casual listener" like what I had mentioned in my previous post. They don't particularly like or dislike M, they will only stream free on youtube like some self-claimed-fans. They were probably ex-fans but their enthusiasm had waned off long time ago ever since M no longer dominates the chart like she used to back in WB or they are getting older and focus on something else considered meaningful to them in their life.

So who are the "diehard" fans? see MX formats & boxset thread. Those who posted what they had ordered, what they had missed, what they were upset with their orders etc and did whatever they could to support Madge. Whether they buy a format only or multiple copies is not the issue, they are the genuine diehard fans who really wanna support Madge till the end.

So please do not use the term "diehard fans" to describe them 'cos I felt it's an insult to me. I am a diehard fans.

Guest Future feat Quavo
13 hours ago, Jeby said:

I thought she was number one because I saw that on chart data. Do they use streaming in Canada?

They do use streaming. Madonna was #1 mid-week in Canada

19 minutes ago, horn said:

How do you define "diehard" fans?

They do have smartphones, don't they?

The tickets come with digital download. If they are not downloading it, they DO NOT qualify as "diehard" fans. Based on your description, I doubt they even bother to download.

They are the BEST example of "casual listener" like what I had mentioned in my previous post. They don't particularly like or dislike M, they will only stream free on youtube like some self-claimed-fans. They were probably ex-fans but their enthusiasm had waned off long time ago ever since M no longer dominates the chart like she used to back in WB or they are getting older and focus on something else considered meaningful to them in their life.

So who are the "diehard" fans? see MX formats & boxset thread. Those who posted what they had ordered, what they had missed, what they were upset with their orders etc and did whatever they could to support Madge. Whether they buy a format only or multiple copies is not the issue, they are the genuine diehard fans who really wanna support Madge till the end.

So please do not use the term "diehard fans" to describe them 'cos I felt it's an insult to me. I am a diehard fans.

One of that friends has been talking to me non stop about the album since the pre release tracks started to come out and knows the words to every track already, so definitely qualifies as a diehard fan to me, especially as he has bought tickets for multiple dates and hasn't missed any of her tours in his adult life.

I don't share the reasoning in not buying the album but I don't think buying it or not is what defines someone's level of fandom.

2 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

One of that friends has been talking to me non stop about the album since the pre release tracks started to come out and knows the words to every track already, so definitely qualifies as a diehard fan to me, especially as he has bought tickets for multiple dates and hasn't missed any of her tours in his adult life.

I don't share the reasoning in not buying the album but I don't think buying it or not is what defines someone's level of fandom.

Agree with you. MX is not my favorite album, but I finally purchased it because I liked it.

If I didn't enjoy the album, I wouldn't buy the album tbh.

I usually support Madonna in general, but not everything she does.It's like that with my other artists too.

Anyway, back to MX being #1!!

2 hours ago, madonnaman said:

image.png

Billboard web page with better, up to date photo of Madonna.

Madonnaman X

FINALLY after 11 years waiting for a new pic:janetflop:

Using the Frida cover is a stroke of genius!

11 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Many great artists dont have grammies

Yes, agreed with this too.... but when it's time, she must never be denied!!!

Btw, on Grammy night 26 Jan, M will be in London for her Madame X tour.... 

22 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

20 hours ago, Nick said:

Agree with you. MX is not my favorite album, but I finally purchased it because I liked it.

If I didn't enjoy the album, I wouldn't buy the album tbh.

I usually support Madonna in general, but not everything she does.It's like that with my other artists too.

Anyway, back to MX being #1!!

I can't with people who claimed they are fans and yet not buying her album to support her.

The worst part is these I-don't-buy-her-album-but-I-am-a-fan have the nerve to question why MX didn't make it to the top and blame the media / tabloids for shading MX.

giphy.gif

I'm PROUD to say I did my part to support her. Shame on those who didn't.

4 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

I emailed a Billboard staffer about the photo- perhaps they listened. 🙂 Though the HC-era photo remains on the Artist 100 chart.

Billboard loves Hard Candy I guess.... 😄

Guest jamesshot

Lets all just be happy she is #1 in the USA again! 

The NYT can kiss our asses because so many use bundling. Streaming isn't exactly fair so bundles even the playing field. 

She.is.#.1.right.now