Madame X debuts at 1 on the Billboard 200

No. 1 on the Artist 100? Didn't expect that one. She had charted at No. 7 upon the release of Rebel Heart.

I updated some other MX chart rankings in the U.S. thread in the chart forum. 🙂

3 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

Drudge Report carrying a rare positive article regarding Madonna (normally he uses Roger Friedman’s)

5DC4D5DD-1DAF-42FC-B2D4-6A583F94D2AD.jpeg

She gets the clicks! I’m sure he’ll use RFs next week reporting that’s it has fallen. 

6 hours ago, Ugly Hecty said:

I am so happy! 4 Billboard charts, #1 same week! Can't wait for that damn website to update and wave everything in front of the haters. 

7 hours ago, metalissimo said:

Isn't it kinda weird that Madame X debuts at no. 1 only in USA not in Canada, Australia, and other European countries. 

I think the main reason is because Madame X tour doesn't have any shows in those countries. 

She was number one in Canada. There is nothing weird about it. It has happened before. It has also happened where she is not number one in any country. 

7 minutes ago, Jeby said:

She was number one in Canada. There is nothing weird about it. It has happened before. It has also happened where she is not number one in any country. 

Madame X debuts at no. 2 on Canada album chart. 

https://www.billboard.com/music/Madonna/chart-history/canadian-albums

I think its because Madame X tour doesn't have any shows in Canada. That makes general public didn't buy Madame X. 

Guest Future feat Quavo

Billie Eillish blocked Madonna in Canada...we love Billie so I will tolerate

1 minute ago, Future feat Quavo said:

Billie Eillish blocked Madonna in Canada...we love Billie so I will tolerate

I thought she was number one because I saw that on chart data. Do they use streaming in Canada?

43 minutes ago, vabbin1814 said:

Thought most big artists do bundles now.

It's understandable when a "mature" artist needs to do them, but it seems a bit strange when younger artists already need them to achieve a high chart position.

Don't know maybe I'm wrong about the younger artists. Just find the chart system pretty confusing. 

53 minutes ago, horn said:

On the other hand, it's sad to see there's only 95k of Madonna fans left (or lesser cos many bought multiple copies)

Many people stop caring. They don't listen to much music. 

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Many people stop caring. They don't listen to much music. 

Exactly. A great deal of people in their 40s usually don't care about new music and when it comes to artists they like they mostly listen to their old albums and songs. 

My friend shared La Isla Bonita yesterday and I told her she had to update her Madonna collection with Madame X. 😂

23 minutes ago, GOD said:

What does this mean 

The Artist 100 chart is a weekly chart that Billboard created in 2014.  

“This chart blends information culled from album sales, track sales, radio airplay, streaming and social media fan interaction to provide a weekly multi-dimensional ranking of an artist's popularity across all the main means of music consumption.” 

Madonna’s previous peak on this chart was #7 in 2015 when her album “Rebel Heart” was released. This is Madonna's first time as the #1 artist on this chart since the chart's launch in 2014. 

Why does no one mention that she would have beat Bruce anyway? The ticket redemption I hear was only about 25-29k. She is beyond Bruce by about 31k.

Bruce also had bundles. Whose fault is it that many did not buy his merchandise? 

They also need to pick a struggle. Is the tour flopping or not? One minute it is flopping. Next minute she is only number one because of bundles. 

Also, how anyone can say oh Madonna has only 95000 fans because she sold 95k albums is just hilarious. Do you know how many people don't buy albums? Or music at all? Do you think Ariana Grande has only 116k fans? ok Madonna has 14million followers on IG. Do you think even a quarter of them bought the album? Some of you say the strangest things and so conclusively that the mind boggles.

14 minutes ago, Jeby said:

The ticket redemption I hear was only about 25-29k.

It's the estimate for the portion of redeemed albums in the 95,000 figure ? 

I do hope she can score her most moms with Madame X... the general categories (record/album/song) pop categories (pop album/pop solo/pop duo), recording package, best music video... it's her time the slay the grammmys!!!

But the based on popularity on billboard charts, her chances may seemed slim with no radio support or backup by a record company.... but chance the rapper was also not tied to a label (if I remembered correctly)... 

1 hour ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

The Artist 100 chart is a weekly chart that Billboard created in 2014.  

“This chart blends information culled from album sales, track sales, radio airplay, streaming and social media fan interaction to provide a weekly multi-dimensional ranking of an artist's popularity across all the main means of music consumption.” 

Madonna’s previous peak on this chart was #7 in 2015 when her album “Rebel Heart” was released. This is Madonna's first time as the #1 artist on this chart since the chart's launch in 2014. 

Thank you, I don’t find I Search.

1 hour ago, Jeby said:

Why does no one mention that she would have beat Bruce anyway? The ticket redemption I hear was only about 25-29k. She is beyond Bruce by about 31k.

Bruce also had bundles. Whose fault is it that many did not buy his merchandise? 

They also need to pick a struggle. Is the tour flopping or not? One minute it is flopping. Next minute she is only number one because of bundles. 

Also, how anyone can say oh Madonna has only 95000 fans because she sold 95k albums is just hilarious. Do you know how many people don't buy albums? Or music at all? Do you think Ariana Grande has only 116k fans? ok Madonna has 14million followers on IG. Do you think even a quarter of them bought the album? Some of you say the strangest things and so conclusively that the mind boggles.

I honestly was worried he would end up #1. Just glad she got it. 🙂

53 minutes ago, lasky said:

I do hope she can score her most moms with Madame X... the general categories (record/album/song) pop categories (pop album/pop solo/pop duo), recording package, best music video... it's her time the slay the grammmys!!!

But the based on popularity on billboard charts, her chances may seemed slim with no radio support or backup by a record company.... but chance the rapper was also not tied to a label (if I remembered correctly)... 

Oh fuck the shammys. It will be a snub. Or she’d end up having multiple nominations and not win but the least important one. It’s best not to have any expectations.

Guest jamesshot
3 hours ago, vabbin1814 said:

Yes, most artists, most of the younger ones, bundle. I wonder if they said the same about the Jonas Bros or their massive 2nd week drop?

1 hour ago, Jeby said:

It will always be whatever it is to diminish her. They will mention her 2nd week drop. It will be THE headline everywhere next week. 

Madonna doesn't buy twitter or IG followers like so many of the other stars.

1 hour ago, lasky said:

They always snub her. I hope she gets 20 noms and either shows up, slays in an epic performance then declines any awards given. I seriously want her to decline them. Send them into irrelevancy. 

7 minutes ago, GOD said:

Oh fuck the shammys. It will be a snub. Or she’d end up having multiple nominations and not win but the least important one. It’s best not to have any expectations.

Agree!

Though the Grammys are now a popular contest, I still want the nominations  big or small to come in which M deserves and also to compensate for their outrageous snubs over the decades...

Can you image the news it would generate for a 60 year old to be nominate in pop categories.... it would be a slap for those people who ever criticised her for chasing the trends... and should she won a few, it would be a great collection to her current numbers (which I seriously hated they always say 7 time Grammy award winner) she is long over due for a few more additions.

3 hours ago, GOD said:

This.

Some of you are still creating expectations that will not materialize in reality. No matter the quality of the album, the Grammys will continue to snub her.