Madame X debuts at 1 on the Billboard 200

11 minutes ago, Fitho said:

This is so deserved considering all the bad press and the haters even though this album is just amazing. I'm so happy for her!

1, she’s still making amazing music, and 2, the fans have her back. It’s really heartwarming.

16 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Madonna is a frequent visitor to the top 10 of the Billboard 200, having notched at least four top 10 albums in each of the last four decades (‘80s, ‘90s, ‘00s and ‘10s).

This is so incredibly amazing! 

I’m so happy for her! :clap:

11 minutes ago, horn said:

giphy.gif

posting Moomoo in this thread should be forbidden, especially having in mind how she cheated the system repeatedly, especially with her "N1" on Hot100 🙂

The same old cunty usual suspect had written a piece of shit about MX made it to #1. :rolleyes:

I'm 100000000000000% sure this old bitter cunt had not heard of MX and published a fake review.

He had even cheered about Bruce blocked MX in UK.

I guess he's desperately need viewership to keep his site alive in order to survive.

2 minutes ago, horn said:

The same old cunty usual suspect had written a piece of shit about MX made it to #1. :rolleyes:

I'm 100000000000000% sure this old bitter cunt had not heard of MX and published a fake review.

He had even cheered about Bruce blocked MX in UK.

I guess he's desperately need viewership to keep his site alive in order to survive.

I wish someone would hack that site one day. 

It’s almost kind of emotional that she hit #1. Like here she is at 60 years old with an album that may be her least accessible to the general public hitting #1. All without an ounce of support from radio. 

Proud fan moment. 

4 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

It’s almost kind of emotional that she hit #1. Like here she is at 60 years old with an album that may be her least accessible to the general public hitting #1. All without an ounce of support from radio. 

Proud fan moment. 

That's exactly what I felt last night. And the fact that we even discuss it might be her last traditional album, it's kinda scaring me :😔

3 hours ago, acko said:

P!nk is so bland it 's offensive.

She's the American solo equivalent of Roxette..

Sorry but she doesn’t hold a candle to Roxette. :noway:

3 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

:lol:

https://www.vulture.com/2019/06/madonnas-madame-x-ninth-number-one-album-on-billboard-200.html

Don’t Go for Second Best, Baby: Madonna’s Madame X Her Ninth Number One Album

By Halle Kiefer @hallekiefer

23-Madonna-Madame-X.w330.h330.2x.jpg

Did Madame Bouvier ever have a number one pop album? How about Madame Curie? While all of the other mesdames struggle to produce even one hit, Madonna’s new album Madame X has debuted at the top of the Billboard 200. The stellar debut earned Madge her ninth number one album out of her forty-year, fourteen studio album career.

Madame X joins Madonna’s 2012 album MDNA, as well as 2008’s Hard Candy, 2005’s Confessions on a Dance Floor, 2003’s American Life, 2000’s Music, 1989’s Like a Prayer, 1986’s True Blue and 1985’s Like a Virgin, at the top of the charts. Meanwhile, Madame Tussaud not only has zero bops, but has to stock all her museums with at least one wax statue of Madonna. Just humiliating.

Love the pic they chose and what it represents with her success

29 minutes ago, LVX said:

Sorry but she doesn’t hold a candle to Roxette. :noway:

No lies detected here.

7 hours ago, Monsieur X said:

I was thinking of that earlier. I know we hate awards and the Grammys are the worst ever etc. etc. but really Madame X is MADE for Grammy nominations. 

Yes, bring in the noms and the awards!!!

7 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

Roxette are almost musical genius, just as ABBA, Greta Garbo 

And monroe 

detriech and DiMaggio 

sorry i was on autopilot there 

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

Proud fan moment. 

It's beneficial to Madonna that she has a very loyal fan base. Most of the music buying public nowadays is very fickle.

Madonna drives a lot of passion. And as general sales go down for the music industry, she's able to retain more traction while others lose it.

27 minutes ago, lasky said:

Yes, bring in the noms and the awards!!!

I wish I was wrong and have many awards and nominations. She deserves..but it's Madonna.  Not Beyoncé or Gaga ..

the Grammys have never treated her with respect.

Of course this album deserves all the prizes of the world!

Guest jamesshot

Fingers crossed she gets a lot of nominations and wins for many awards for this album- and declines them all!

They've fucked her over so many times- except the Golden Globes. 

She should not perform or accept any awards esp from the Grammys.

42 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

I wish I was wrong and have many awards and nominations. She deserves..but it's Madonna.  Not Beyoncé or Gaga ..

the Grammys have never treated her with respect.

Of course this album deserves all the prizes of the world!

The fact will make her even more legendary later on, like she wasn’t appreciated in her own time. It always makes a genius shine bright in hindsight when people at the time were so anti and skeptical and tried to ridicule it. 

With the release of GOD Control video and Pride performance, the team should discount the album to the min allowed for BB charting as most of the ITunes chart top tier is the currently discounted music. Her $ mostly comes from tour and I’m sure WW sales will cover MadameX production costs. 

2 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Proud fan moment. 

This is so damn true. ^

Radio does not play her new records at all, and have shunned her, pretty much, with exception of adult contemporary. 

It's very difficult in general for any artist to get a #1 album, and with Madonna doing this and hitting #1 her 9th time, this late in her career, just shows the amazing fan support she has. 

18 minutes ago, jjbradleynyc said:

It's very difficult in general for any artist to get a #1 album, and with Madonna doing this and hitting #1 her 9th time, this late in her career, just shows the amazing fan support she has. 

Say it again!!

This is not an achievement to be taken lightly. I think we take the #1 album on BB for granted.....RH is seen as a "blip" (which is kinda was based on weird circumstances) but even the hottest of the hot stars don't achieve number one albums. 

The rest of the world she didn't hit the top spot. Only USA fans came through for the Queen. #1 album /#1 dance at the same time

10 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Say it again!!

This is not an achievement to be taken lightly. I think we take the #1 album on BB for granted.....RH is seen as a "blip" (which is kinda was based on weird circumstances) but even the hottest of the hot stars don't achieve number one albums. 

RIGHT!? 

Proving just how hard it is to achieve a #1 album in the US on Billboard, with females, only Barbra Streisand has more than Madonna, at 11. 

Rihanna, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston (Rest in Peace) all struggled to get #1's. It ain't easy--even for established icons.