"You're going to have to be more specific". Madame X annihilates Dutch interviewer

Thank you for sharing!!! 🙂 Omg the question about the ESC sound and critics, I can't...😭 Mama seemed veeeerry annoyed by that, rest of the interview looks like he took the questions from all previous interviews

I don't understand why she just can't be honest and say she had a bad day or that the sound was off. would've gotten a lot more sympathy afterwards. that's the downside of being a fan of a very big artist.. their PR teams get in the way. im sure she wouldve responded fine if they let her talk

it was obvious that she knew in advance he was up to something because she seemed annoyed with him and his stupid questions. perhaps she heard in advance he was gonna ask about Eurovision. I think that's the only thing he was interested in. that man is so fake. he's praising her to her face and at the same time he shaded to with her brother

Jesus Christ...the look she gave literally sent shivers down my spine. Like i wasn't even there and i almost shit myself.

She's obviously not honest with herself or anyone else. If she doesn't want to talk about it then she should just forbid those kind of questions.

Good interview by the way.

Haha you can tell that the whole ESC thing pisses her off. No way she’s proud of that. That guy has balls to even dare asking. The interview was stiff from the beginning but when he mentions ESC it’s like hell freezes over... :lmao:

15 minutes ago, Andra said:

Jesus Christ...the look she gave literally sent shivers down my spine. Like i wasn't even there and i almost shit myself.

She's obviously not honest with herself or anyone else. If she doesn't want to talk about it then she should just forbid those kind of questions.

Good interview by the way.

I think the opposite - I think she was willing to have that conversation before her management intervened. Maybe not willing enough to override them.. But she was ready for him to own what he was asking- ("you're going to have to be more specific.") which he decidedly was not doingHe was weakly beating around the bush with very coded language - and he should have just asked her "There was lots of talk after the performance about the quality of your voice, how do you feel you did that night vocally" etc. Instead he crawled right into her trap and chickened out of flatly asking her and instead the net result was zero for him and 1 for Madonna for calling his bluff.

There's no defending her Eurovision vox. She knows she did poorly. Hence the edited YouTube clip and her defiant Instagram posts afterwards. She's aware, and I am sure she heard playback. It's up to her to make her next vocal performance a big turnaround. Let's see if she learns from mistakes. If she doesn't, girl is clearly not wrapped too tight. Hope that's not the case. 

For that reason, I really feel like it's just best for everyone if she never talks about Eurovision again. To the extent our European forum members have given us a window into: it basically decimated her performing clout over there. Why remind everyone? 

Just now, Voguerock said:

Don't F@CK with the Queen 👑 

I love when her people interject and shut him down and the look she gave him even with one eye is killer. She’s obviously aware of the criticisms of that performance but she is tough and stands by it. 

Just now, FreeMySoul said:

I love when her people interject and shut him down and the look she gave him even with one eye is killer. She’s obviously aware of the criticisms of that performance but she is tough and stands by it. 

Yes I agree. I know she stands by it from an artistic viewpoint. But hopefully she knows she can and NEEDS to do better next time in the vocal department. 

2 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

I'd pee myself probably. Her eyes are so intimidating 

Just now, Ai Papi Si. said:

Yes I agree. I know she stands by it from an artistic viewpoint. But hopefully she knows she can and NEEDS to do better next time in the vocal department. 

Maybe she needs to stay away from the rosé.. She said that she can't drink on the road (tour)  to protect her voice. And I noticed she drinks quite a lot nowadays. 

Forget to mention how good she looked on that dress ♥️ sooo cute when she mentioned her fat rolls earlier. I mean everyone can relate to that, she's so real. 

I’d imagine that as no one asked her about the Eurovision performance in any other interview, it probably was listed as topic non grata. He probably breached that agreement, which is why he was immediately shut down. She had ample time to address what he was masking in euphemism. She was clearly aware of it, and her response of staring him down and playing ignorant was as brilliantly defiant as it seemed steeped in foolish pride. That said, she seemed irritable from the beginning. I can’t imagine how dull it must be to do a press junket for two days, but in all honesty she really doesn’t have to approach her promo this way. She’s chosen to do it in hyper-concentration for over twenty years, and it always seems to try her patience to such a degree that she can come across as frankly rude and condescending. 

Edited by Herfaceremains

21 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I think the opposite - I think she was willing to have that conversation before her management intervened. Maybe not willing enough to override them.. But she was ready for him to own what he was asking- ("you're going to have to be more specific.") which he decidedly was not doingHe was weakly beating around the bush with very coded language - and he should have just asked her "There was lots of talk after the performance about the quality of your voice, how do you feel you did that night vocally" etc. Instead he crawled right into her trap and chickened out of flatly asking her and instead the net result was zero for him and 1 for Madonna for calling his bluff.

He did not chicken out, her management interrupted him before he had time to say anything else. And if he bluntly asked the question the way you say.. it would've been considered RUDE and he would've gotten cut down by her team just as quickly.

She knew exactly what he was talking about. Her "you're going to have to be more specific" was probably code for her team to step in.

I've had this experience plenty of times, I'm not really sure he was shut down here, obviously she knew where he was going with this.
But normally u always get a '5 minute, two minute/last question warning' in advance and then u usually find a way 2 extend
the itv 4 a question or two...if ur good @ ur job :fag: and THEN they say time's up..like mid sentence and even then it still goes on 4 a for a bit,
like it does here. If not, they just say 'next question' and u have to change the topic...here he stays on topic but clearly doesn't have the balls 2 follow through. 
He is using the publicist as an excuse cuz he's scared shitless after THE DEMONNA says 'You're going to have to b more specific'.

Looking @ the duration of the clip, bumpers included, i think it's edited and he went overtime. He even says at the very begining
he's gonna sit on it till the very end with that question 2 c if she's in a good mood.

Just my two cents.

1 minute ago, Herfaceremains said:

I’d imagine that as no one asked her about the Eurovision performance in any other interview, it probably was listed as topic non grata. He probably breached that agreement, which is why he was immediately shut down. That said, she seemed irritable from the beginning. I can’t imagine how dull it must be to do a press junket for two days, but in all honesty she really doesn’t have to approach her promo this way. She’s chosen to do it in hyper-concentration for over twenty years, and it always seems to try her patience to such a degree that she can come across as frankly rude and condescending. 

Kind of. Also sometimes she seems perfectly fine with questions that aren’t middle of the road and another time she clearly prefers to stick to the routine. You can almost never tell why, is the interviewer, the air, the quality of drinks or cushions... Sometimes she’s patient and sometimes not. I’d be terrified to interview her cause her mood seems so random, at least to me. 

14 minutes ago, Andra said:

She knew exactly what he was talking about. Her "you're going to have to be more specific" was probably code for her team to step in.

No it was code 4 'This ain't my first time @ the rodeo', if you're gonna ask the question ASK the question.

There was never 'some talk about the sound' there was a media storm about her singing like shit. She

played like a pro here, looking @ it from her side of course. I've said this before, but M is that seasoned interviewee

who will answer your shit question with a 'Yes' or 'No' if possible, u phrase that shit right or you lose with her. AND I LOVE IT :rotfl:

I basically learned my job from watching her. That's why I shine @ round tables, i take no prisoners, I kill. :fag:

12 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Kind of. Also sometimes she seems perfectly fine with questions that aren’t middle of the road and another time she clearly prefers to stick to the routine. You can almost never tell why, is the interviewer, the air, the quality of drinks or cushions... Sometimes she’s patient and sometimes not. I’d be terrified to interview her cause her mood seems so random, at least to me. 

Totally...there’s definitely something erratic about her demeanor in these interviews. I have noticed that she’s mostly been quite subdued and almost passive for Madonna in a good deal of them, but this one just made me uncomfortable. There are certain topics that just seem to trigger her, even though they are quite logical questions, and it isn’t like the journalists know what each other has already asked...He had an agenda, but he was smart enough to flatter her immensely with the talk of all she had done to facilitate his own personal freedoms, and the praise he offered regarding the album. Sometimes I feel she also has an inability to show indulgence for the fact that English is a secondary language for most of the interviewers I’ve seen her devour. I’d have thought that after so many years she’d get the subtleties of the raw spontaneous translations the questions she is asked sometimes represent, but she can be quite ferociously dismissive. I imagine it just depends on her patience levels, bolstered by possible hunger, or maybe she needs to pee and those corsets are just torture on her bladder! 😝

Edited by Herfaceremains

Did u enjoy the performance there?

M: Oh yeah, I loved it, it was great.

OK, well.. There was some discussion afterwards about the quality of the sound. What did u think of that?

M: Of the sound

*Demonna enters the scene*

Yeah

M: OH.

There was discussion

M: You're going to have to be more specific *Demonna glare*

:dead:

I SCREAMED

Just now, Hapertje said:

As an interviewer I agree...... as a program director at a commercial tv station not!

I can only imagine if this were 4 RTL Boulevard and he'd b cackling with that Albert Verline in the studio afterwards. Is that whore still alive?

On Boulevard they have a lot of people jumping in there to defend her! It is SBS who is nasty! And espcially that woman who is a music expert. She just dragged Madonna down on the show when Madame X was released. On Friday she was on M and there she said Madonna is phenomenal and she is a fan! HOW!!!!

12 minutes ago, Andra said:

Did u enjoy the performance there?

M: Oh yeah, I loved it, it was great.

OK, well.. There was some discussion afterwards about the quality of the sound. What did u think of that?

M: Of the sound

*Demonna enters the scene*

Yeah

M: OH.

There was discussion

M: You're going to have to be more specific *Demonna glare*

:dead:

I SCREAMED

:lmao:

He interviewed Christopher Ciccone back in the day and openly told him that he didn’t like her and found her cold. Chris actually defended her and said ‘there’s a lot of walls up.’