Rolling Stones 50 Best Albums of 2019 so far

6 minutes ago, TRVC said:

Total Madonna snub. I don't get it. It's so hard being a Madonna fan for the last 10 years...

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/50-best-albums-2019-so-far-846292/

Lol... What a ridiculous list. Yeah, I'm sure Marc Anthony's record is up there with the best records of the year. Fuck them.

32 minutes ago, TRVC said:

Total Madonna snub. I don't get it. It's so hard being a Madonna fan for the last 10 years...

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/50-best-albums-2019-so-far-846292/

I'm not surprised--Rolling Stone is mostly irrelevant in general today.

Read by a core group of baby boomers and gen x-ers and a tiny amount of millennials who worship Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Prince. 

It's an aged magazine with a small amount of subscribers.

YAWN, they need to fold. LOL

4 minutes ago, jjbradleynyc said:

I'm not surprised--Rolling Stone is mostly irrelevant in general today.

Read by a core group of baby boomers and gen x-ers and a tiny amount of millennials who worship Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Prince. 

It's an aged magazine with a small amount of subscribers.

YAWN, they need to fold. LOL

Hey I'm Gen X and a big fan of both Led Zeppelin and Prince.😄

13 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Why is this a topic?

Because she has one of the best albums of 2019, and I find it interesting and frustrating that she isnt on the list. Ya know, something to discuss. This is a discussion board...no? If it is a total problem, one of the mods can delete it. I could care less 😂

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

Hey I'm Gen X and a big fan of both Led Zeppelin and Prince.😄

I am too. I'm just sayin' they don't embrace pop acts in that magazine really....

19 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Not worthy of a topic... lol sorry no shade to you but i dont wanna hear or see ppl ignoring M. Most underrated and disrespected woman in music

Delete it then. No worries 🖤

6 minutes ago, TRVC said:

Because she has one of the best albums of 2019, and I find it interesting and frustrating that she isnt on the list. Ya know, something to discuss. This is a discussion board...no? If it is a total problem, one of the mods can delete it. I could care less 😂

I understand the frustration and the feeling why you shared it... But people just want to focus on all the amazing things we have got this era, and ignore the negativity. And at the end of the day, what power or influence does even Rolling Stone have in this day and age? Don't let them get to you, and just enjoy all the brilliance of this record and era. I mean this in the best way possible.

MX can still show up on a year end list since these lists seems to be arbitrary and writer dependent.   They rated RH half a star more lol.

And what a shocker, Beyoncé and Bruce ranked highly....*yawn*

25 minutes ago, jjbradleynyc said:

I am too. I'm just sayin' they don't embrace pop acts in that magazine really....

Not true, they love Madonna, she has 14 covers by far more than any woman and among the top 5 acts with the most covers, they named both Music and Confessions among the best albums of the 2000s decade and picked Rebel Heart among the top 5 best albums of 2015

In 1997 RS published a book just on Madonna and in 2015 she became the first woman that the magazine dedicated a whole issue too

Along with Vanity Fair, Vogue, Interview, People, RS is one of Madonna's "go too" magazines for exclusive cover story interviews

Guest jamesshot

Some random list from RS is not going to have any affect one way or the other on Madame X. She won't get Grammy love anyway. And honestly, I would love if she did get nominated for AOTY and other major awards and completely snubbed them and refused the awards if she won.