Madonna NYC Pride thread

18 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

American Life (from the clips) wasn’t a total awkward failure as it usually tends to be, but I still wish she went with a better song.

OTHER THAN THAT, TOTALLY BRILLIANT. 

Puts the era back on solid footing. She needs to put this on YouTube. NEEDS TO.

That was my private reaction to AL, as well — and I really liked the song when it came out. The rap never felt as awkward to me as I know it was to others... except for the last couplet, which always haunted me a bit. (Part of me wondered if it was *all* semi-autobiographical, or if there was also a bit of a disembodied voice of modern American life, which was de-spiritualized. I’m getting too off topic, but I know someone else recently said that line in the rap was the only cringe-inducing part for them.)

I know there could be a lot of second-guessing. I might have picked “Express Yourself” for the message ... but clearly M wants to amplify other messages at the moment, and that’s her right and I don’t question it. I happily receive what she is sharing. That was just my own thought — but it’s always a good thing Madonna goes her own way.

Also, I echo others — the typewriter percussion for Vogue was great. From the moment I heard her choreographer say things about the typewriter and Vogue, I started hearing those typewriter sounds in the intro — they worked in just like I imagined! Love it!

Wow! What a performance. Good job Madonna. I can’t wait to see you on the Madame X Tour if this is what you have in store for us.

I’m currently feeling sorry for myself as I have a pesky virus, but as always, you cheer me up.🤒

😻👏

Perfect set. I am so glad to see her reclaim AL now she know she wasn't lost. The smaller shows are going to be amazing. I hope they are not strict with video, l picture something she mixes up night to night. Can we just legislate to have her brilliance videotaped 24/7

AL was by far my FAVOURITE. 

The ending with the 'Fuck Its' was just 🤣

She seems to have a new backing vocalist as well, next to NikKi#2.

Just woke up and I'm watching all the clips.

Ok our girl SLAYED. She served energetic performance with live singing, dancing, camp(the vogue typewriter was the cutest thing ever🤣), smiles, speech, the whole package.  I'm happy. All I want is the whole thing in HQ on her youtube channel now.

30 minutes ago, acko said:

AL was by far my FAVOURITE. 

The ending with the 'Fuck Its' was just 🤣

The second time she says "fuck it"🤣 she sounded like in the bmw commercial:rotfl:

22 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

So was it well received in general? Really pleased it all seemed to go so well. From the clips I saw it looked great and so pleased for GC!

All the gays were singing along, even to AL:rotfl: I think people LOVED it.

For people of a certain age today(early 30s, late 20s) the American Life era occurred in our mid teens and that album was the FIRST album I jumped fully onboard as a fan so I'm so happy she included it in something...after being noticeably left out in Celebration a decade ago.

I've always loved the entire song,including the rap 🤗

9 minutes ago, Andra said:

Here's another footage of the whole show

I wonder why she keeps removing the hey hey hey part from the Vogue chorus

it's such a nice part to sing along, it feels a bit weird without it

Vogue: Integrating the Madame X theme to the intro of Vogue was genius and got me hyped up.  I just wish there was more choreo instead of mainly walking around and having someone to hold your leg up. She rarely sings this song live so maybe she didn't want to do that much choreo to focus more on singing stably. 

American Life: Great to see her perform songs she rarely does. Very appropriate for the situation and the crowd seemed to enjoy it. 

God Control: Definitely the highlight. Nothing more to be said really. 

Overall, I'm not crazy about the show but it was obviously miles better than her previous performance. She seemed to really be in her element and I think that makes all the difference. I'm hoping she does more performances before the tour starts. 

Edited by medellin

Nice to see such positivity here compared to other forums I'm on. Phew.

I understand people wanting more of the fun hits at Pride, I get it, I do. But M has taken the protest angle of Pride - ie, the meaning of it in the first place - and ran with it. And I for one think it's fabulous. I hope she hones those vocals in time for the tour - I'm sure she will - but it was definitely a trip to hear her do Vogue and not lipsync it. Brilliant stuff. And God Control was great too. 

How was I Rise? Not seen a clip of that.

2 minutes ago, domyeyebrows said:

I understand people wanting more of the fun hits at Pride, I get it, I do. But M has taken the protest angle of Pride - ie, the meaning of it in the first place - and ran with it. And I for one think it's fabulous. I hope she hones those vocals in time for the tour - I'm sure she will - but it was definitely a trip to hear her do Vogue and not lipsync it. Brilliant stuff. And God Control was great too. 

How was I Rise? Not seen a clip of that.

Other Madonna forums you mean?

Just now, domyeyebrows said:

Yeah but fuck it, I won't go into it. All about the positive vibes, thanks guys 🙂

Oh god :rotfl:She was fucking amazing. Adorable, sassy, lovable, confident and cute as ever. I really don't know how anyone can say this is not a total 180 after the dour and disappointing Eurovision perf.

This went over much better than expected. She’s really getting back into her performing groove. By the time she goes on tour she will be slaying effortlessly on stage. Hopefully she performs again and to a large viewing audience before the tour kicks off!

32 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Oh god :rotfl:She was fucking amazing. Adorable, sassy, lovable, confident and cute as ever. I really don't know how anyone can say this is not a total 180 after the dour and disappointing Eurovision perf.

She was like that because Eurovision IMO is a shitty competition full of hypocrisy. 

43 minutes ago, domyeyebrows said:

Don't let their misery bring your mood down. And let's face it it's most likely one or two members posting the same shit on every forum they are registered at. They're appalled that she won't do backflips while singing live and being in the same shape she was in 30 years ago. She's either too stiff, too fat, doesn't dance enough , doesn't sing enough, doesn't have stage presence..oh fuck off.

8 minutes ago, Andra said:

Don't let their misery bring your mood down. And let's face it it's most likely one or two members posting the same shit on every forum they are registered at. They're appalled that she won't do backflips while singing live and being in the same shape she was in 30 years ago. She's either too stiff, too fat, doesn't dance enough , doesn't sing enough, doesn't have stage presence..oh fuck off.

Some fans are still living in fucking 2005 I swear. Reality doesn't mean much. God only knows what kind of misery they're projecting onto Madonna. 

For her to be doing this at 60 is mind-blowing. The energy, the confidence, the beauty, the presence. This woman is 1 of a kind. I'm lucky that she's MY gay icon and I'm not stuck watching Lady Gaga over here in Vegas with her gauche nonsense and pretending it's great. Or pretending like Taylor Swift's half-assed and very-sudden gay adoration is quality and sincere. This is MADONNA. The original. Thank god. 

Amazing performance and the setlist worked perfectly . I didn't expect that . 

9 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Some fans are still living in fucking 2005 I swear. Reality doesn't mean much. God only knows what kind of misery they're projecting onto Madonna. 

For her to be doing this at 60 is mind-blowing. The energy, the confidence, the beauty, the presence. This woman is 1 of a kind. I'm lucky that she's MY gay icon and I'm not stuck watching Lady Gaga over here in Vegas with her gauche nonsense and pretending it's great. Or pretending like Taylor Swift's half-assed and very-sudden gay adoration is quality and sincere. This is MADONNA. The original. Thank god. 

:clap:

:inlove: