Madonna NYC Pride thread

20 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Amazing! 

Loved, loved that intro.

It was amazing. She was incredibly happy - lots of smiles. One gay commented at the end ‘well Kylie did an hour’ but otherwise everyone seemed very excited. And walking off stage at the end to I Don’t Search, I Find - it was everything.

B769761A-164F-47F3-B471-B31F36811F84.jpeg

i wonder if that is her part of her theater set up.

and some site said it was filmed so there is hope. maybe just for her own youtube? i wish

59 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Definitely will. It fits so well next to God Control.

I hope it won't be the only AL track tho... One can only hope for Nothing Fails, Hollywood & Intervention.

Flawless perfection 

vogue the typewriter amazing 

god control made me finally love the song very good dancing 

American life I mean come on that was so great dancing with the guitar

madonna truly owned that stage when the woman is good she is phenomenal!

So happy she opened with Vogue, that really seemed to set things off on a good note. I feel like American Life worked in this context, people were still high on Vogue so were more receptive than if she'd opened with a new song perhaps. Outside of RIT, that's by far my favorite AL performance. GOD CONTROL!! :bow: Choreography on that was amazing!! For me, this was the highlight performance and it's only going to get better for the tour. I Rise def works live, think this one will evolve into a beautiful performance on the tour as well. 

Looks like this was our little "sneak peak" to MX tour.....what Coachella was to CT, I think this will be to MX Tour. She sounded like herself too, she was on point vocally. And how fucking gorgeous did she look?? Body is bangin!! So proud of her tonight! ❤️ 🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

Definitely will. It fits so well next to God Control.

👍

Looking forward to the unveiling of the new tour so much

1 hour ago, lautert said:

Vogue was iconic, I've only missed a refrain choreography, all the rest was perfect. 

American life was surprisingly good. 

God Control was a high light. She danced so much good. I may agree with some other user comment about some parts of the dancing, but I think she'll probably do it even better while on tour. 

I rise was interesting. 

It was such a nice way to teaser a tour. She probably used this performance to test this songs live and they will probably end ep on the tour, with some improvements. 

Well done, Madonna

Very interesting!

Sounds and looks promising

Thanks for sharing

1 hour ago, jonluvsmaddy said:

It was amazing. She was incredibly happy - lots of smiles. One gay commented at the end ‘well Kylie did an hour’ but otherwise everyone seemed very excited. And walking off stage at the end to I Don’t Search, I Find - it was everything.

B769761A-164F-47F3-B471-B31F36811F84.jpeg

👍

These clips have me so wet!!!!

That American Life version is fire.

The type writer reinvented vogue! omg

GC is looking good but I feel by the time comes around itll be 100.

Waiting for an official release on youtube, PLEASE

1 hour ago, Cesky said:

After two weeks of complaining about the setlist, it looked great! I am here for the resurgence of American Life

Exactly

Never got the hate for AL. It's Madonna, Mirwais and Akerlund again. And thematically it's the closest cousin of GC and the woes and shortcomings of American society

It fits like a glove

Funny how she takes a song from 16 years before that never achieved classic status (aside from the core base) and put in this context she makes it appear as if it was one. She's a genius

35 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

So happy she opened with Vogue, that really seemed to set things off on a good note. I feel like American Life worked in this context, people were still high on Vogue so were more receptive than if she'd opened with a new song perhaps. Outside of RIT, that's by far my favorite AL performance. GOD CONTROL!! :bow: Choreography on that was amazing!! For me, this was the highlight performance and it's only going to get better for the tour. I Rise def works live, think this one will evolve into a beautiful performance on the tour as well. 

Looks like this was our little "sneak peak" to MX tour.....what Coachella was to CT, I think this will be to MX Tour. She sounded like herself too, she was on point vocally. And how fucking gorgeous did she look?? Body is bangin!! So proud of her tonight! ❤️ 🏳️‍🌈

This!

It makes me all the more excited about the tour, just a little over a couple months away! I'm sure Madonna's experimentalism and the new theatre setting will bring out the best from it from a fan standpoint. And like others have said, the typewriter on the Vogue intro :inlove:  only Madonna

Love all the blonde Madonna with trench coat and sunglasses footage and pics by the way. Wish we could see more of it. Absolutely stunning, gorgeous, intriguing

American Life (from the clips) wasn’t a total awkward failure as it usually tends to be, but I still wish she went with a better song.

OTHER THAN THAT, TOTALLY BRILLIANT. 

Puts the era back on solid footing. She needs to put this on YouTube. NEEDS TO.

I haven't seen I Rise yet but my reactions:

Vogue with typewriter - brilliant, camp, funny - and performed live (apart from the rap) - her voice sounds good, a million miles from Eurovision. Critique - I'd have liked to see some voguing!

American Life - great, a bit off key but live - very cute moment where she screams FUCK IT towards the end. Loved hearing the audience shout 'Fuck it!'

God Control - fucking brilliant. Energetic, she dances with more freedom and fluidity than on the video. Her vocals are mixed with the backing track which is no surprise but she's live too and fine.

This has made me VERY excited for Madame X shows...