Madonna NYC Pride thread

To me something like Girl Gone Wild is a cringe mess...as are lifeless repetitive dance remixes. At least the production on American Life is innovative. 

2 minutes ago, Simo9jo said:

To me something like Girl Gone Wild is a cringe mess...as are lifeless repetitive dance remixes. At least the production on American Life is innovative. 

Yes, I completely respect the production from an artistic point of view. She could have gone the easy route but she went with a tough sound deliberately.

I just find it hard to listen to.

Just now, Simo9jo said:

I can see how Girl Gone Wild is a cringe mess for fans too. But at least it came to life when performed live. Much of MDNA is like that to me - live treatment of the songs gave the songs a sense of identity that they didn't have on the album. 

American Life is kind of the inverse - a song that wanted to be innovative and unique but was bogged down by being tuneless and schizophrenic and capped off by a really stupid rap. It's just awkward, it's the equivalent of wearing cargo shorts with a blazer and Birkenstocks, and then putting on a beret and walking outside. The song is just a mess lol 

2 minutes ago, headonfire said:

Based on the last video she posted, I think AL will be on the guitar, so should definitely be somewhat different!

And AL is actually one of my faves! 😄

I thought that to but in her stories shes standing with the dancers which also looks like it could be for AL.

2 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

Exactly! I thought to song and album had been reassessed and now considered up there with her best.

The album yes but certainly not the song itself. I never see fans here or anywhere else ranking the song as one of their favorites or as a lost gem. I love the remixes of it though. 

1 hour ago, Simo9jo said:

The production on American Life is the best part of the song, the only part I don’t care for is the rap, specifically the end with the Christian/Jew thing...otherwise it’s a good song, especially with good speakers. It could work updated live.

People hated the rap, not the production. Is one of her best produced tracks. I sincerely loved it since day one and some people don’t and that’s fine. 

8 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

People hated the rap, not the production. Is one of her best produced tracks. I sincerely loved it since day one and some people don’t and that’s fine. 

Same haha I loved it from day one, but except I didnt like some vocal effect at the end, some people on MadonnaLand were calling it the dying donkey voice or something haha and even though I loved the rap when I first heard it, other people made fun of it so I started to cringe at it. I was 17 🙂 Love every part of the song now, and the album is still my favorite after all these years! I cant wait to see her perform this again,  I wondered if she ever would! I died when she did it at Tears of a Clown! And the rap is perfect 🙂

13 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Agree. Id rate it above several of her first singles. Ariana grande even sang the song one time in a video. So its not 100% hated lol

11 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

Same haha I loved it from day one, but except I didnt like some vocal effect at the end, some people on MadonnaLand were calling it the dying donkey voice or something haha and even though I loved the rap when I first heard it, other people made fun of it so I started to cringe at it. I was 17 🙂 Love every part of the song now, and the album is still my favorite after all these years! I cant wait to see her perform this again,  I wondered if she ever would! I died when she did it at Tears of a Clown! And the rap is perfect 🙂

I agree with you. Also the video (original) had a huge impact on me at the time. Everything flowed wonderfully during this era. 

Gay pride has always been bittersweet, it is a celebration of extremely rough riots all across the US and world, it makes totally sense the music selected. It is an statement not only a party. #Wakeup

She's gonna be dragged by all those Queens high off their faces for performing AL and I Rise. What mood killers when you're dancing with a good high. 

They are "appropriate" for what Pride stands for but come on its Sunday night Pier Pride party, they are there to do drugs, drink, dance and get laid 

Guest eroticerotic
2 minutes ago, T0pher said:

She's gonna be dragged by all those Queens high off their faces for performing AL and I Rise. What mood killers when you're dancing with a good high. 

They are "appropriate" for what Pride stands for but come on its Sunday night Pier Pride party, they are there to do drugs, drink, dance and get laid 

yikes. well. perhaps it's time for a much needed change.

11 minutes ago, T0pher said:

So basically you want her to dumb herself down because some queens will be angry? How disappointing.

1 minute ago, Flip The Switch said:

Her nails :wow:

This has made me very emotional for some reason. I love her, she means so much for me. 💙

Seeing her in this intimacy it's just... ugh! My Queen.

1 hour ago, Gus said:

Don't know how reliable this site is..

Spoiler alert

Reveal hidden contents

Is the first track the old erasure song?

It would be hilarious if she did Vogue / YMCA!