Madonna NYC Pride thread

9 minutes ago, idro said:

Indeed , some should really leave and let grateful ones enjoy the ride

It was 14 fucking years ago! Imagine Madonna performing during the Music tour and people praying for Papa Don't Preach ???? :rotfl:

19 minutes ago, jasray said:

For a split second I thought it was Debi!! 

Same! And all in a milli second I thought it was a face swap with Debbie THEN my eyes focused and it’s M with a model head, wired! 😆

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

It was 14 fucking years ago! Imagine Madonna performing during the Music tour and people praying for Papa Don't Preach ???? :rotfl:

Indeeeeeeed , that s why last times she performed HungUp she were up&under those ropes ahgahg she s over it  , I mean she s gonna serve Vogue or HP as the light but we re supposed to experience the darkside first so bring americanlife&co , it s stonewall 50ys , it happened in NY , in USA , it was a riot it s not so hard to see her view ( if you are over with men leotards ) and I admire it .

5 hours ago, karbatal said:

Its 100% different. This is for PRIDE. The gayest place on earth where they just want to dance. Hung Up would fit perfectly on the setlist. Also she always sings a classic at these festival type performances so why is it so funny to want Hung Up? Its one of her biggest hits and going by youtube it would be her biggest. 

Ill admit she seems to dislike it and most of Confessions so its a long shot.

11 hours ago, cocolattee said:

I still think Hung Up should be part of the setlist

it's so joyous and uplifting

I would love Hung up too. I think there will be a song or two that will be joyous and happy. I can't wait to see whatever she serves up. 

11 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

If GC is going to be performed now then AL doesn't sound so bad. Those two could be very interesting together!

I agree..,especially for both messages. 

I doubt Madonna doesn't like HU- when Celebration was released, she said it was the first track on the album because it's "kick-ass." And she did perform it as part of the MDNA Tour.

As said earlier, maybe in the other thread- it doesn't matter the kind of event- it's evident that "What would they want to hear" doesn't influence her all that much.

4 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

i havent read the thread, forgive me, but will this be televised or streamed live anywhere?

As far as we're aware, no based on previous acts not being filmed.

Madame X certainly has no time for circuit queens. I wouldn't be surprised if she decided to round up the setlist with Promise to Try (the song, not the poster).

2 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Because they are both an expose on the american life and Pride directly relates to that?

Skin is an expose on the American life?

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I was referring to American Life being appropriate in some sense. Which Monsieur X implied it wasnt. 

Nevermind.

4 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I was referring to American Life being appropriate in some sense. Which Monsieur X implied it wasnt. 

It wasn't, it isn't and it ain't ever gonna be.