Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

1 hour ago, zephyralexxx said:

And Bruce falls only 2 positions to 3. She lost her fanbase in UK. Unbelievable. 

Funny how, if the album was released this week, it would have been number 1. But oh well, I'm past caring, the album is great, she got a US number 1, we've got a tour to look forward to so, yeah.

Copied this from Popjustice.

1 Lewis Capaldi 19,003 7,918 11,085
2 Will Young 16,706
3 Bruce Springsteen 13,898
4 Mark Ronson 10,800
5 Two Door Cinema Club 9,607
6 Billie Eilish 7,235
7 The Greatest Showman 6,390
8 The Raconteurs 5,758
9 P!nk 5,705 
10 Elton John 5,448

9 hours ago, JWAD said:

I think if she wants a radio hit she needs to release Crazy, that would cater for the older audience and may even reach the younger ones too.

I disagree. Crazy would do as well as Crave did. Both songs are very similar.

That greatest showman soundtrack is unbelievable!

1 minute ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I disagree. Crazy would do as well as Crave did. Both songs are very similar.

I agree. Both crave and crazy aren't right for the UK.Crave is so meh. It's the equivalent to take a bow in 94.

Medellin went down so well but they didn't push it here which they should have.

I suppose think God control and FG would be popular in radio even though in general her chart days are done here

21 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Funny how, if the album was released this week, it would have been number 1. But oh well, I'm past caring, the album is great, she got a US number 1, we've got a tour to look forward to so, yeah.

2 Will Young 16,706
4 Mark Ronson 10,800
6 Billie Eilish 7,235
8 The Raconteurs 5,758
9 P!nk 5,705 
10 Elton John 5,448

I disagree. I still think an artist in their 60s with no radio play and a sadly ageist society these sales aren’t bad at all. Her core audience is Europe, regardless of a USA no 1. 

7 minutes ago, leeagainstthemusic said:

I disagree. I still think an artist in their 60s with no radio play and a sadly ageist society these sales aren’t bad at all. Her core audience is Europe, regardless of a USA no 1. 

Disagree with what?

1 minute ago, leeagainstthemusic said:

That she’s lost her fan base in the uk. Sorry may have picked wrong quote, had too many gins 😵 

Ah, I thought that might have been the case! Either that or that she wouldn’t be number 1 this week.

5 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

2 Will Young 16,706
4 Mark Ronson 10,800
6 Billie Eilish 7,235
8 The Raconteurs 5,758
9 P!nk 5,705 
10 Elton John 5,448

Will Young at #2.....good

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

Why? Lewis Capaldi is bloody awful. Like a Scottish Ed Sheeran. 

The safe and soulless appeal to the drones of the UK dominate the charts these days. None of them interesting in the slightest. They also look like rejects from Fraggle Rock ago just happened to learn an instrument.

Why? Lewis Capaldi is bloody awful. Like a Scottish Ed Sheeran. 

I really can’t stand these people taking over the Uk charts! Ed and Lewis! 

At some point she will revive her UK fanbase. Eurovision could have maybe been that moment but wasn't to be. It will need a greatest hits set at Glastonbury or something similar.

8 minutes ago, Silverfox said:

At some point she will revive her UK fanbase. Eurovision could have maybe been that moment but wasn't to be. It will need a greatest hits set at Glastonbury or something similar.

There's the tour which will need to be bloody good to win back the casuals.

11 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

Couldn't agree more, chart positions are pretty meaningless these days and are definitely no indicator of quality. 

I think Madonna is ‘too Madonna’ for the older listener and not cool enough for the younger audience. She is stuck in between and it’s mostly only her core fanbase that care these days and I think that’s kinda cool. I bet there is nothing as creative and exciting as Dark Ballet or God Control on any album in that top 10. Let the general public keep their bland Ed Sheeran and clones music 🤷‍♂️ They’re the ones missing out. 

They didn't have a single copy of the vinyl or CD in Sainsbury's!

I'm noticing many people say they haven't seen the M in stockin various places in the U.K.  I hope I'm being paranoid but it's like, record store buyers and some staff don't want to stock it.

I remember trying to find Rebel Heart on vinyl a few months after its released and it wasn't easy to find instore in a few places I went too, in the HMV I went to, they said they had five in stock, but nobody knew where they where hiding. Had to get it online in the end.

50 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'm noticing many people say they haven't seen the M in stockin various places in the U.K.  I hope I'm being paranoid but it's like, record store buyers and some staff don't want to stock it.

I remember trying to find Rebel Heart on vinyl a few months after its released and it wasn't easy to find instore in a few places I went too, in the HMV I went to, they said they had five in stock, but nobody knew where they where hiding. Had to get it online in the end.

Was at independent store in Brighton and the owner said he completely under ordered. 

But yes, in wondering if it's the knock on effect of not having a record company managing this. 

14 hours ago, jonski43 said:

They didn't have a single copy of the vinyl or CD in Sainsbury's!

The 2 stores local to me still don’t have it and wasn’t even there during release week either. They had a big Father’s Day section with multiple copies of Bruce’s album on CD and vinyl. 

MX isn’t gonna ever appeal to the basic GBGP, I’ve given up caring. 

29 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Uk itunes Madame X 42 (+74) Pride effect?

It's probably more like the Glastonbury effect wearing off for other artists.  Either way it's great to see it going back up..

1 hour ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Uk itunes Madame X 42 (+74) Pride effect?

There was an interview on BBC Radio 2 this morning

1 hour ago, Lament said:

There was an interview on BBC Radio 2 this morning

They start playing God Control?

On 6/29/2019 at 12:19 AM, leeagainstthemusic said:

Her core audiense has shifted to Latin Europe and America