MADAME X : A CAREER Highlight

2 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Now you have to make GP aware of this

I did it on her latest Facebook post.

Also bought the vinyl for my 23 yo cousin. She loves it. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I just listened to the album (lame timing yes I know) and I concur. Wow is the word I guess. I would never have expected her to go this way. It's very bold and courageous, daring and original. There are so many wonderful moments on the album, and the orchestrations are absolutely wonderful and exciting, many times beautiful (the negative reviews are mostly stupid, for fuck's sake). It feels rich and voluptuous. The pacing, or rather the song order is perfect, the juicy heart is right in the middle (and is my favorite part). The political stuff is only slightly annoying. Pitchfork are assholes (just FYI). God Control is a wonderful mess, I love it. And Crave, which I wasn't fond of initially, really clicked in the whole. Here's my from best to worst order (everyone has been dying to see it):

Crazy (the hit single that never was, FUCK)
Come Alive
God Control
Crave
I Rise
Batuka
Killers
Medellin
Faz Gostoso
Dark Ballet
I Don't Search I Find

Bitch I'm Loca
Future

1 minute ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

I just listened to the album (lame timing yes I know) and I concur. Wow is the word I guess. I would never have expected her to go this way. It's very bold and courageous, daring and original. There are so many wonderful moments on the album, and the orchestrations are absolutely wonderful and exciting, many times beautiful (the negative reviews are mostly stupid, for fuck's sake). It feels rich and voluptuous. The pacing, or rather the song order is perfect, the juicy heart is right in the middle (and is my favorite part). The political stuff is only slightly annoying. Pitchfork are assholes (just FYI). God Control is a wonderful mess, I love it. And Crave, which I wasn't fond of initially, really clicked in the whole. Here's my from best to worst order (everyone has been dying to see it):

Crazy (the hit single that never was, FUCK)
Come Alive
God Control
Crave
I Rise
Batuka
Killers
Medellin
Faz Gostoso
Dark Ballet
I Don't Search I Find

Bitch I'm Loca
Future

Glad you really enjoyed this wonderful gift.

I just fucking love this album so much, and I was worried. Everything in between the release of Medellin and Dark Ballet left me cold at first, but in the context of this brilliant ALBUM—the making of an album becoming a lost art and all—those songs are like puzzle pieces I didn't realize were puzzle pieces. 

Fucking floored by our M. Long will she reign. 

Rebel Heart was never a career highlight for me. It was too messy starting from the leaks to the sloppy editing of the album. The promo was amazing though, but still the era left me somewhat underwhelmed. Her first tour I skipped since I am a fan. On the other hand, I was moderately excited for Madame X, and bam, that's definitely a career highlight for me after Confessions.

2 hours ago, DanM said:

Rebel Heart was never a career highlight for me. It was too messy starting from the leaks to the sloppy editing of the album. The promo was amazing though, but still the era left me somewhat underwhelmed. Her first tour I skipped since I am a fan. On the other hand, I was moderately excited for Madame X, and bam, that's definitely a career highlight for me after Confessions.

Be careful! Some people might accuse you of perpetuating the undesirable RH-bashing narrative, never mind the fact that you do genuinely think that Madame X is a career highlight and RH was never one in the first place. 

6 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Be careful! Some people might accuse you of perpetuating the undesirable RH-bashing narrative, never mind the fact that you do genuinely think that Madame X is a career highlight and RH was never one in the first place. 

Ahaha! 😂 You're right. Sorry Rebel Hearts, I'm still listening to Devil Pray ❤

8 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

*sips tea*

My favorite album is American life and I don't consider it a career highlight. People needs to admit despite how rebel heart good is, and I really do love the album, that madame X is bringing more attention, better critics and will be love by every fans for sure. 

20 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

My favorite album is American life and I don't consider it a career highlight. People needs to admit despite how rebel heart good is, and I really do love the album, that madame X is bringing more attention, better critics and will be love by every fans for sure. 

Wonderful post!  We have to be able to defend our personal favorites and still see where they fit within a larger framework.  American Life is also near the top for me, second to Like A Prayer.  Yet I would not maintain that American Life is a career highlight whereas LAP is.

I believe Madame X will emerge as an objective career highlight AND a personal favorite of mine.

1 hour ago, DIRTY PIG said:

It's on a par with ROL and confessions for me. Amazing piece of work. Pure Madonna, finally. 

I’m thinking this too. But time will tell.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Wonderful post!  We have to be able to defend our personal favorites and still see where they fit within a larger framework.  American Life is also near the top for me, second to Like A Prayer.  Yet I would not maintain that American Life is a career highlight whereas LAP is.

I believe Madame X will emerge as an objective career highlight AND a personal favorite of mine.

Exactly. Objectively Madame X is a real highlight. Like you said. Like a prayer’s impact is way way above American life’s. Even if I relate more with Americans life personally.  

Madame x will impact more in herstory even in the music industry. Less structured songs will start to appears in the pop genre. Even bilingual songs outside the classic English/Spanish English/French could be a trend everyone will follow 5-6 years from now. 

3 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Rebel Heart is a soldid album

^ A very weak post, and as an unintended consequence, reflects how weak the RH album is, ironically.

I love "Best Night", "Devil Pray", "Inside Out", "Addicted (The One That Got Away)", and "Rebel Heart" probably more than 90% of people on this forum, but there's no way I can objectively declare their home album to be a highlight that is anywhere near as good as or better than its highly adventurous, radical, defiant successor Madame X. It's almost like claiming my favorite high school physics teacher is a better physicist than Einstein.