MADAME X : A CAREER Highlight

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

I do prefer Rebel Heart, but I don't see it as a "career highlight".  As I said in another thread about Madame X, it's more than just a musical album for me. It's more like great literature.  Each song seems like a chapter in a phenomenal book. There is so much to take in and contemplate. 

I think in time we'll really see the impact Madame X will make on her career, but with all the positive reviews and love from fans,  it's definitely shaping up to be a "career highlight".

It's another masterpiece. A piece that needs to be appreciated as a whole, from start to finish, in its entirety. 

A stunning work of art.

I'm finding it hard to find the words to describe my excitement and sheer elation to have this album. It's a religious experience.

13 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

It's one of the strongest statements of her entire career. Up there with Erotica.

Absolutely agree. Her other dark masterpiece.

Totally agree but i listen to American Life religiously so it’s gotta be there for me but the list does seem legit.  

Madame X is pop ART.  💪

47 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

It's one of the strongest statements of her entire career. Up there with Erotica.

No question...it is Madonna using her full musical, visual and experimental/boundary-pushing powers!

1 hour ago, Monsieur X said:

'80s: Like A Prayer
'90s: Ray Of Light
'00s: Confessions On A Dance Floor
'10s: Madame X

LEARN IT. 

That's exactly what I thought today. No Like A Virgin or True Blue in the 80's, no Erotica or Bedtime Stories in the 90's, no American Life or Hard Candy in the 00's... Absolutely no MDNA or Rebel Heart in the 10's. 

These are her 4 career highlights from each decade! 

1 minute ago, RyanAnth4 said:

I’d agree with this but true blue and erotica very close 2nd places in 80 and 90s

The 90s in general were Madonna at her most refined tbh. Hard to find anything bad in that decade really. She took risks left & right.

3 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

I’d agree with this but true blue and erotica very close 2nd places in 80 and 90s

Erotica is my favourite album of M, ever, but ROL is really a career defying for 90's. 

Madame X really is one of her most notable albums. The way she has fused so many genres, influences, languages and cultures whilst articulating the political and social zeitgeist in musical form is truly astounding. Music with meaning and depth - I really love it.

1 hour ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

The 90s in general were Madonna at her most refined tbh. Hard to find anything bad in that decade really. She took risks left & right.

The elephant in the room nobody wants admit.

I totally agree with this! Madame X is the incredible standout album of this decade, for Madonna.

In thinking about the overall ranking of her albums, and how Madame X lines up with those, for me, it's like this:

14 MDNA

13 Bedtime Stories

12 Rebel Heart

11 Madonna

10 Hard Candy

9  Erotica

8  American Life

7  Music

6  Madame X

5 True Blue

4 Like a Virgin

3 Like a Prayer

2 Confessions on a Dancefloor

1 Ray of Light

Madame X may go up after a few more months. It gets better each spin. What a record! Wow. 

Edited by jjbradleynyc
re order a bit