God Control video - OUT NOW!!!

4 hours ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Same , I do like it but I prefer songs like Come Alive, Looking for Mercy and Crazy . While god control is creative , it suffers from having no chorus and just being too all over the place .like you said there’s not much replay value to it . Video does look epic though

No replay value?!? What? Wow... 

It has replay value..what, wait a minute...

I asked my student a 20 yr old Muslim female and she loved the intro and progression.  I asked my friend in curaçao 🇨🇼 and her daughter 9 waits for the disco beat to drop and starts dancing in the car...all whirly, and spaz-tastic.  

Neither were fans but appreciate the sheer genius God Control. 

I played god control to various people and nobody liked it. I think the only ones who enjoy that song are 30+. Its beat is too old school and cheesy IMO and not in a good way like  bruno mars did with some of this new "old school"-ish tracks.

15 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

I played god control to various people and nobody liked it. I think the only ones who enjoy that song are 30+. Its beat is too old school and cheesy IMO and not in a good way like  bruno mars did with some of this new "old school"-ish tracks.

Oh dear :lmao:

25 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

Everyone I know likes God Control, but they are all over 30 and think its a highlight on the album.

33 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

...but bruno just rip off ...do those people love KileyMeNot?

43 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

I get the same reaction from my friends... I am in my 50's, and I find it bland and way to retro to entice me. I can get into it now after the 10th listen, but was the track I skipped at the first run-through.  It was soo boring and un necessarily long to be honest. There are sooo many better tracks on this album, so I hope she is not wasting money by pushing an impact date to radio in US for it, most stations will pass on the song. Radio here loves Crave, which they call fresh,  and is going up in radio charts, it's snowballing - getting more and more Hot AC radio play. Crazy is a good radio option for US as well and of course FAZ Gostoso, FAZ will be the YouTube BIM of this album if released as a proper single, and will get a lot of radio play in USA.

56 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

And my friend who's 26 said the only song he liked from the album was God control. So please stop with  the hyperboles

1 minute ago, CalinB said:

I get the same reaction from my friends... I am in my 50's, and I find it bland and way to retro to entice me. I can get into it now after the 10th listen, but was the track I skipped at the first run-through.  It was soo boring and un necessarily long to be honest. There are sooo many better tracks on this album, so I hope she is not wasting money by pushing an impact date to radio in US for it, most stations will pass on the song. Radio here loves Crave, which they call fresh,  and is going up in radio charts, it's snowballing - getting more and more Hot AC radio play. Crazy is a good radio option for US as well and of course FAZ Gostoso, FAZ will be the YouTube BIM of this album if released as a proper single, and will get a lot of radio play in USA.

We want her to speak her mind on that subject and the song is DOPE....people will twerk later on to FG , an ass on the radios is less important than that in my opinion

14 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

This manages to capture the song so well with cutting whole 2 minutes off, it is actually amazingly well made.

OMG, if this is really M's radio edit version of this song, this can work for the radio! I actually love this version! thank you for sharing.

I was sorely disappointed with GC at first; I felt the sound was messy and overblown. But it has grown on me upon repeated listening. It's like an acquired taste, really, and can be addictive later on. So, I can't wait for the video and how it will enhance my appreciation for the song.

God Control is typical Mirwais and I love it. It does not follow proper song structure, similar to American Life. Actually, both songs would sound great linked together for the tour.

6 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

God Control is typical Mirwais and I love it. It does not follow proper song structure, similar to American Life. Actually, both songs would sound great linked together for the tour.

Yes and morphing into impressive instant 

God Control is universally acclaimed. We’ve read a ton of professionally published  album reviews and even most of the psychotically negative album reviews cite GC as a gem!

35 minutes ago, idro said:

Yes and morphing into impressive instant 

I was soooooo disappointed when Impressive Instant was cut from the Sticky & Sweet Tour. I can't remember what replaced it. Was it Hung Up? Anyway, I'm hoping tracks from Music and American Life are revisited on this tour...…… plus Candy Shop of course. 😜

1 minute ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I was soooooo disappointed when Impressive Instant was cut from the Sticky & Sweet Tour. I can't remember what replaced it. Was it Hung Up? Anyway, I'm hoping tracks from Music and American Life are revisited on this tour...…… plus Candy Shop of course. 😜

INDEED...CandyShop is a MUST 

Just now, idro said:

INDEED...CandyShop is a MUST 

Maybe there will be some mash-ups or even a second album: Candy Control? Candies who are partying? Bitch I'm Candy? Dark Candy? I don't search I find Candy? Faz Candy Gostoso? Looking for Candy? Craving for Candy?

5 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Maybe there will be some mash-ups or even a second album: Candy Control? Candies who are partying? Bitch I'm Candy? Dark Candy? I don't search I find Candy? Faz Candy Gostoso? Looking for Candy? Craving for Candy?

Craving for Candy. 😂🔥

41 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

:lmao:

46 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Imagine Candy Ballet *faints*

45 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Craving for Candy. 😂🔥

8 minutes ago, Lolo said:

:lmao:

4 minutes ago, Kilt said:

Imagine Candy Ballet *faints*

🤣🤣

God control is fun, like a vibe but its not a song thats going to be played at discos with the same appeal of Into the groove and like a prayer. Its a pop morsel for us because she rarely does stuff like this anymore but its underwhelming for me, sadly. The production is great.  Im not sure you can make our the lyrics or its really clear what they are about unless you know. Its hard to get into a song on the dancfloor waving your arms in the air to 'a new democracy'. I suppose the video will get people talking about it.

This song is definitely overrated in the fanbase. Sure it's "interesting" but it isn't catchy, once you heard it you heard it enough times.

I only hope the video will have a poignant message without relying too much on long monolouges.

Just now, bitsy said:

This song is definitely overrated in the fanbase. Sure it's "interesting" but it isn't catchy, once you heard it you heard it enough times.

I only hope the video will have a poignant message without relying too much on long monolouges.

That's nice dear.