God Control video - OUT NOW!!!

8 hours ago, jamesshot said:

At this point, Madonna is not going for being popular, at least not with her videos. I applaud that. She needs to get the public on her side in other ways but not her videos. As I said, buckle up. We are in for a ride. Be prepared to see the worst things ever written and said about her.

I can accept it when it comes to her work. Something like this, I totally anticipate it. It's when she does NOTHING and gets dragged through the mud as if she murdered a child that bothers me....ie: her VMA appearance last year etc.

23 minutes ago, Samo said:

Because it starts with PEOPLE control first, Chicago has some of the STRICTEST gun laws in the country and the homicide rate by guns, mostly all illegally purchased, is STRATOSPHERIC.  If someone wants to kill you, they'll FIND a way no matter what

That said , there should be stricter gun control laws EVERYWHERE and semi automatic weapons should be banned outright, their ONLY purpose is to murder

But even with super strict gun laws , criminals will still find a way to get guns illegally

Also I'm sure Madonna's security staff has guns , didn't one of her bodyguards SAVE her life when Robert Dewey Hoskins broke into her LA home and the guard shot him in the butt (!) in 1995?

It's definitely idealistic to expect guns to be outright banned but I admire her for saying it. It provokes discussion which isn't a bad thing. Nothing will change though. When 5 yr olds get slaughtered in their classroom while learning their ABC's and people are still all like "but my guns" then it's hopeless....for real. The last mass shooting in Va. Beach barely made a ripple in the news so yeah, we're just used to it now. On to the next mass shooting we go!!

I find it funny that so many other countries with very strict gun laws make it work with fantastic results......but for some STRANGE REASON, if you talk to many Americans, that just simply would NOT work here. WHY???

America is full of some dumb motherfuckers I will say that. Parents choosing their guns over their children. It's rather disgusting actually. Hopefully, most won't learn the hard way the results of their choices.

6 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I doubt it. I would expect it to get less spins that Crave.

Absolutely. This is one of the best songs on the album.....and of her career tbqh but it's not radio material at all. It definitely has extremely catchy moments but overall it's not a conventionally structured pop song. I think coming from Madonna in 2019 (or any period really....but especially now) will be a hard sale for radio!

17 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

It's definitely idealistic to expect guns to be outright banned but I admire her for saying it. It provokes discussion which isn't a bad thing. Nothing will change though. When 5 yr olds get slaughtered in their classroom while learning their ABC's and people are still all like "but my guns" then it's hopeless....for real. The last mass shooting in Va. Beach barely made a ripple in the news so yeah, we're just used to it now. On to the next mass shooting we go!!

I find it funny that so many other countries with very strict gun laws make it work with fantastic results......but for some STRANGE REASON, if you talk to many Americans, that just simply would NOT work here. WHY???

America is full of some dumb motherfuckers I will say that. Parents choosing their guns over their children. It's rather disgusting actually. Hopefully, most won't learn the hard way the results of their choices.

But guns also SAVE lives, including Madonna's with that stalker and of course Madonna makes sure her bodyguards are armed , it's only logical, it's mentally ill and people who don't value life who use guns to kill and explosives, knives etc

15 minutes ago, Samo said:

But guns also SAVE lives, including Madonna's with that stalker and of course Madonna makes sure her bodyguards are armed , it's only logical, it's mentally ill and people who don't value life who use guns to kill and explosives, knives etc

On the other hand, if NOBODY had guns then why would we need guns? In a world without guns, Hoskins wouldn't have had one and the bodyguard would've had a knife or some sort of "police baton" for defense.

How come America is practically the only country with this sort of mentality about guns? How do other countries somehow manage to make life work WITHOUT guns being an integral part of society? 

I understand it's unrealistic to think guns will ever be outright banned here so that's out of the question but I DO think the gun culture needs to be taken down a notch and put in their place to some degree. We hear about policemen shooting people so much, it just goes in one ear and out  the other at this point.......that should NOT be the norm in any way shape or form and it has become THE go to for them. We should be shocked and appalled when we hear about this. We're not. That's because of the gun culture in this country. 

There was a gentleman in my area last year that was NAKED and got shot to death by the police because they felt "threatened" by him. They obviously saw no weapons so why was he shot TO DEATH??? Even if they felt threatened by him, you don't shoot to kill. The OUT OF CONTROL gun culture in this country makes that ok though. People just shrug when it happens now. That's not normal for a civilized society.

It's all mental conditioning and you and I both fall for it. I don't own a gun but the thought of not being able to buy one if I needed one for some reason does freak me out a little. Why?? Because I've been conditioned to think that way.....after all it's my God given "right" according to the Constitution of this country. So, while we may not all have our "fundamental" rights....at least we can all buy guns right?? lol

It's fucking twisted is what it is! 

18 minutes ago, karbatal said:

That debate is fruitless and absurd. Guns should be carried by professionals. Regular people shouln't have guns. 

But karby.....the whole issue is the professionals will band together and kill us all and we'll be defenseless.

That's the "go to" argument for many here in the good ol' US.

Every time I listen to this song(same with the album as a whole), I love it even more. I can't imagine how the video will take it to another level.   

33 minutes ago, Samo said:

Umm not according to actual statistics, data and research on the topic.  Yes security guards and people trained in the use of fire arms sometimes can lawfully use those weapons to prevent an attack or for self defense but for the average citizen studies show you are 6 times more likely to shoot someone erroneously than to defend yourself from an intruder.  And mass shootings are only a part of the problem.  There’s also suicides, gang violence, accidental shootings, toddlers going into their mothers purse and shooting themself or their parent or sibling.  It all adds to a hundred thousand needless deaths in the US per year, yet our government does nothing to prevent them.  Common sense solutions (background checks, banning assault weapons, low capacity magazines, waiting periods etc) are out there and we know they would help because they have been very successful in countries like New Zealand, Australia and Europeans countries. But Americans can’t seem to find the political will.  Shame on us. 

3 minutes ago, Sjewell88 said:

Umm not according to actual statistics, data and research on the topic.  Yes security guards and people trained in the use of fire arms sometimes can lawfully use those weapons to prevent an attack or for self defense but for the average citizen studies show you are 6 times more likely to shoot someone erroneously than to defend yourself from an intruder.  And mass shootings are only a part of the problem.  There’s also suicides, gang violence, accidental shootings, toddlers going into their mothers purse and shooting themself or their parent or sibling.  It all adds to a hundred thousand needless deaths in the US per year, yet our government does nothing to prevent them.  Common sense solutions (background checks, banning assault weapons, low capacity magazines, waiting periods etc) are out there and we know they would help because they have been very successful in countries like New Zealand, Australia and Europeans countries. But Americans can’t seem to find the political will.  Shame on us. 

Thoughts and prayers will cure all!! :lmao:

May I add that IF there were a situation where those with authority somehow "overtook" the people and we were forced to defend ourselves (seriously, that's a big concern for "tin foil hat" wearing Amurricans) then your little "arsenal" you've built up legally will mean JACK SHIT compared to what the government or anyone with authority has in store. 

That "excuse" is just yet another scapegoat in my opinion to deter any real action to curbing gun laws. Sorry to be a broken record but Americans are fucking stupid (accept for the fact we gonna make MX #1 :lol:).

19 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

.the whole issue is the professionals will band together and kill us all and we'll be defenseless

This doesn't make sense

Just now, Kilt said:

This doesn't make sense

You're telling me! lol

I hear that all the time though. People justify gun rights for this very reason. What would we do to defend ourselves if the gov't turned against us?? A martial law type of situation.

If anyone thinks whatever guns that they may have stockpiled would compete with what the government has in store then they in for a rude fuckin awakening!!

11 minutes ago, Sjewell88 said:

I agree with the need for gun control and for outright BANNING semi automatic weapons, whose ONLY purpose is destruction but I'm a gun owner, and it wouldn't surprise me if Madonna was one too and I think everyone should legally be gun owners.  It's locked up in a box in my bedroom closet up high.  I've never had to use it. Again cities with the strictest gun laws have some of the most horrifying gun violence, people need to be raised better and VALUE human life more

5 minutes ago, Samo said:

Again cities with the strictest gun laws have some of the most horrifying gun violence

This is such a Trump-ish argument.....Chicago is always the go to for this argument. Where else though?

18 hours ago, headonfire said:

One thought I keep coming to is that I'm pretty convinced M wanted to release God Control as the first single, and Interscope pushed against it, and that's why we got Medellin as the beginning of Madame X's journey.

My reasoning for this is that God Control was the first video shot back in February. Then when the rumours about Eurovision started to spread, there were repeated mentions that Eurovision were not in agreement with the performance of one of the songs, which they said was political and controversial. And then, we got Future. 🤷‍♂️

All of this leads me to believe that we got Medellin (single), I Rise (promo), Crave (single), Future (promo) and Dark Ballet (promo) as part of the release strategy because: 1) there's nothing controversial about any of the songs; 2) the features might appeal to different segments of the market; 3) and each of these songs showcase the diversity and experimental nature of the record.

I think the era has been faultless, and I have loved every single thing, but can't help wonder how it would have started if we got God Control as the first single.

Hate to ruin your theory but God Control was shot in March and at least a couple videos were shot beforehand. I know some of you seem to find comfort in thinking Madonna wanted to launch the album with a sparkly disco banger and someone else decided against it.

Truth is if she wanted to launch the album with God Control she would've. But that's not where she is at the moment. There's a reason why this album is full of songs closer to Medellin or Crave and God Control is the odd one sticking out. 

And people thinking this will be some sort of Deeper and Deeper/ Hung Up throwback are in for a surprise.

6 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Hate to ruin your theory but God Control was shot in March and at least a couple videos were shot beforehand. I know some of you seem to find comfort in thinking Madonna wanted to launch the album with a sparkly disco banger and someone else decided against it.

Truth is if she wanted to launch the album with God Control she would've. But that's not where she is at the moment. There's a reason why this album is full of songs closer to Medellin or Crave and God Control is the odd one sticking out. 

And people thinking this will be some sort of Deeper and Deeper/ Hung Up throwback are in for a surprise.

i personally don't have any preference for "disco bangers," so you shouldn't really dismiss it as a theory concocted by a certain segment of fans. i could just as easily say that some fans seem to find comfort i thinking madonna doesn't have second thoughts or change her mind based on feedback she gets from her team. i think there's enough evidence to suggest that the plan was at least fluid. and if things did change, there's nothing wrong with that. it's all just speculation, right?

The media will go bonkers over this but I think that’s what she wants. Spark debate, get people talking. 

She is brave, she stands up for what she believes in and whatever she does she will get a backlash for, but this is exactly why I love her. 

It will be interesting what Piers ‘the plank’ Morgan says about this video as he is totally opposed to guns.

Bring it on Madonna.

23 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Preach it.

Madonna wanted Medellin

Madonna wanted Future in Eurovision.

Madonna seems to want Future in Pride

Madonna decided to release God Control after the album was released 

Madonna is in control. Madame X decides. 

37 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

This is such a Trump-ish argument.....Chicago is always the go to for this argument. Where else though?

It’s very trump/Fox/NRA propaganda...they actually, seriously, came up with the brilliant solution to arm teachers with guns. That and that there is even a debate whether mentally ill people should be banned from buying guns. There is no argument for guns (definitely not how easily obtained they are in the US)...ideally they should be illegal. Madonna is right, it is a fantasy at this point...I mean, something needed to be done a few hundred mass shootings ago. Yet they continue with these ridiculous solutions, and obviously many are susceptible to their rhetoric (as some of the nonsense they say has been repeated in this thread). 

Many countries around the world do just fine without guns. More than fine.

6 minutes ago, Lindyloo said:

She is brave, she stands up for what she believes in and whatever she does she will get a backlash for, but this is exactly why I love her. 

My thoughts exactly!

Madonna can dish it AND take it: she has accountability for her creative decisions & stands behind them. The pop starlets of today aren’t half as bold & yet they apologize for anything that mildly offends the public.

14 minutes ago, Simo9jo said:

It’s very trump/Fox/NRA propaganda...they actually, seriously, came up with the brilliant solution to arm teachers with guns. That and that there is even a debate whether mentally ill people should be banned from buying guns. There is no argument for guns (definitely not how easily obtained they are in the US)...ideally they should be illegal. Madonna is right, it is a fantasy at this point...I mean, something needed to be done a few hundred mass shootings ago. Yet they continue with these ridiculous solutions, and obviously many are susceptible to their rhetoric (as some of the nonsense they say has been repeated in this thread). 

But Madonna and other celebrities security teams are ARMED. Madonna had her guard shoot her intruder back in 1995 when he broke into one of her homes to kill her....

The media needs to stop GLORIFYING guns, in film and especially rap videos, there's nothing glamorous about guns and only people with a clean criminal record and mentally stability should be able to obtain them

And teachers shouldn't have guns in the classroom, that's flat out ridiculous

End of...

43 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

......And people thinking this will be some sort of Deeper and Deeper/ Hung Up throwback are in for a surprise.

But.... we've heard the song already and it is a bit of a throwback, plus some of the scenes look straight outta Deeper & Deeper video.

25 minutes ago, bardo said:

i personally don't have any preference for "disco bangers," so you shouldn't really dismiss it as a theory concocted by a certain segment of fans. i could just as easily say that some fans seem to find comfort i thinking madonna doesn't have second thoughts or change her mind based on feedback she gets from her team. i think there's enough evidence to suggest that the plan was at least fluid. and if things did change, there's nothing wrong with that. it's all just speculation, right?

Thing is you only see fans creating a narrative about "the disco banger" being the lead single she wanted instead of other videos she did in Portugal before. It's rather funny.

6 minutes ago, Sloane said:

But.... we've heard the song already and it is a bit of a throwback, plus some of the scenes look straight outta Deeper & Deeper video.

It features people shot and covered in blood, Madonna included. It will NOT be a glittery fun feel-good video when all is said and done.

10 minutes ago, Simo9jo said:

I'm with you 1000%! 

Until people care about human lives (including their own children's) more than their born "right" to own a gun then this will continue. 

When you bring up the examples of other countries with these people it's always the excuse that it's completely different. Sure, in some ways there are differences. At it's core though, its NO different. The difference is, the US prefers to allow it to go on unabated. 

3 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Thing is you only see fans creating a narrative about "the disco banger" being the lead single she wanted instead of other videos she did in Portugal before. It's rather funny.

which videos did she shoot before? 

1 minute ago, bardo said:

which videos did she shoot before? 

We still don't know for sure.