God Control video - OUT NOW!!!

2 hours ago, Foolio said:

That's a very good point, and just as valid today as it was in 2002 (AL and M aside, would the Dixie Chicks have faced the controversy they did if they'd been the Dixie Dudes?) If Childish Gambino or Kendrick Lamar did something like this they'd be praised. Oh, wait, they did something like this and they were praised. 

It's impossible to imagine Mambo's living male (or female, for that matter) peers like Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen, Elton John doing anything of the kind as they're busy making money off ancient hits on endless farewell tours, but one can only imagine the reaction David Bowie would have received if he were still alive and released a video like this. He would be showered in praise and seen as a courageous genius. Which is exactly what he was, but being male he also got the credit for it.

That said, let's wait and see what happens. I'd like to think the world is ready to respect M for tackling the subject of god gun control through her art rather than rip her to shreads. 

Spot on! 

I can tell you what will happen. Haters will dig deep to spread every performance/ video/ movie scene where she is messing with a gun. 

GP and critics will say she’s copying Childish Gambino, hoping for another scandal, outrage. 

Fans will love it no matter what, because it will be glorious and perfect. 

Guest jamesshot

At this point, Madonna is not going for being popular, at least not with her videos. I applaud that. She needs to get the public on her side in other ways but not her videos. As I said, buckle up. We are in for a ride. Be prepared to see the worst things ever written and said about her.

9 minutes ago, jamesshot said:

At this point, Madonna is not going for being popular, at least not with her videos. I applaud that. She needs to get the public on her side in other ways but not her videos. As I said, buckle up. We are in for a ride. Be prepared to see the worst things ever written and said about her.

Its a sign of the times. What her message is in the song and obviously the video: that there should be a Gun Control, should be the mainstream view on guns and should (in a normal world) win her accolades for saying it as it is. But in dear old USA where the gun manufacturers are bribing politicians, I guess showing what the lack of gun control brings is divisive? It would be funny, if it wasn't for the fact that shootings in USA are daily occurrences. If a backlash happen, it wouldn't affect her (I mean what would happen) and in time the public would view it as the right thing to do at the right time.

Just now, Monkey said:

I really hope it’s done with good taste, with subtility, because sometimes it’s something missing in Madonna’s work. I trust her, because otherwise.

I think this is what I was getting at.

It should be smart, the way Childish Gambino's video was.

YESSSSSSSSSS !!!!! Omg when was the last time we have an era with FOUR proper videos ??!!!

Looks so good too !

Simply can’t wait for this video. 

Fans aside, there is no doubt in my mind that this is going to be a video that will be both revered and reviled, as usual for Madonna. 

It hurts to see beautiful Madonna on the ground in blood. 😥 But I know that’s the point, to visually show the sadness and madness of it all.

13 hours ago, Mr Ciccone said:

There are fans in 2019 who are still ‘worried’ about Madonna receiving a backlash? :lmao:

i know right.... 35 years of occasional backlash should render you immune to it already... MADONNA should just do her thing and deliver her message and f*ck the haters...

1 minute ago, mtzlplk said:

i know right.... 35 years of occasional backlash should render you immune to it already... MADONNA should just do her thing and deliver her message and f*ck the haters...

Nothing really matters, Madonna and outrage is all we need. :headbang:

8 minutes ago, the-queen said:

It hurts to see beautiful Madonna on the ground in blood. 😥 But I know that’s the point, to visually show the sadness and madness of it all.

Such a death scene will trigger a lot of horrific feelings and thoughts. I'd prefer that the disco carnage is part of a nightmare that MX is experiencing in the video. Then she wakes up in the end. Or something hopeful for a conclusion. 

12 hours ago, Nick said:

Video looks amazing!

Just hope not too preachy. 

Papa, don't preach! 😉

1 hour ago, the-queen said:

Maybe it will start with that , I can see those first song s lyrics sung  while she s on the floor covered in blood.

She s the greatest visual warrior EVER

5 minutes ago, idro said:

Maybe it will start with that , I can see those first song s lyrics sung  while she s on the floor covered in blood.

She s the greatest visual warrior EVER

Those mumbling words are not grills but something else. She has her mouth CLOSED not full of grills. You can hear grills in Crave, but the beginning of God Control is related to something else. At first I thought it was the sewn lips. Now it may be Madonna lying on the floor. 

(now the video will start with Madonna's mouth full of grills and I'll have to eat my words :lmao: )

12 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

I am amazed again how brave this will be. The revenge of American Life video. Not worried at all about the general public's backlash. They already do it no matter what she does.

Exactly. We’ve seen her routinely receive a bunch of hysterical press and fake outrage even over the most innocuous things she posted on IG the past several years. 

9 hours ago, Vetiver said:

All videos are visually impeccable, all releases consistent, this is a dream for any Madonna’s fan (and we know we have asked for this in all ki d of prayers). 

I trust she finally had her say in all aspects and had the respect to release everything on her time ... FINALLY 

Bring on the backlash, bring on whatever you want but mostly bring on the creativity she has been freed to release.

I AM READY

+1

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Those mumbling words are not grills but something else. She has her mouth CLOSED not full of grills. You can hear grills in Crave, but the beginning of God Control is related to something else. At first I thought it was the sewn lips. Now it may be Madonna lying on the floor. 

(now the video will start with Madonna's mouth full of grills and I'll have to eat my words :lmao: 

seriously

3 hours ago, Butter9 said:

YESSSSSSSSSS !!!!! Omg when was the last time we have an era with FOUR proper videos ??!!!

Looks so good too !

I can' t even remember , maybe ROL ?
And this time it is not only about the number, but the quality is on point, as i consider the rating of Mme X videos as: Medellin 10/10 , Dark Ballet 10/10 , Crave 8/10. 
From the Deeper & Deeper vibe , and the politic message GC seems  amazing

Edited by dumitru
mistype

After 1992/93, there is no backlash that can ever compare to that...what’s even left to say about Madonna that hasn’t been said in the most vile way imaginable  already? When the music is this good (as was Erotica) it ultimately does not matter. It’s a testament to how messed up things are in the USA concerning guns, that simply talking about what happens constantly regarding mass shootings is seen as the most controversial thing one can do. Fucked up.

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Madonna is not playing nice. Madonna doesn't bother about backlash because backlash comes when people are put outside their comfort zone. Madonna is going full force here.

AL Madonna is back! I'm living it for this Madonna, she's doing her thing ❤️

49 minutes ago, dumitru said:

I can' t even remember , maybe ROL ?
And this time it is not only about the number, but the quality is on point, as i consider the rating of Mme X videos as: Medellin 10/10 , Dark Ballet 10/10 , Crave 8/10. 
From the Deeper & Deeper vibe , and the politic message GC seems  amazing

Yes I think so . Music has 3 MVs ( Music , DTM, WIFLFAG ) and no I don not count Jump , TUTR as proper music videos !

Medellin 10/10

DB 10/10

Crave 7.5/10 - Could have been so much better . Simple and soulful like Secret .

I'm here for " I'm over this pop star shit ."

I honestly cannot count the number of songs that “go there” as everyone is saying...  an easy one to recall is “pumped up kicks” from a few years ago and that song with a cute melody for SURE “went there.”   I support Madonna fully in what she is doing here and also I have no idea what exactly the video will be because I’ve only seen what everyone has seen.   If America acts super shocked about this then I honestly don’t know how they’ve watched so many X-men movies and lived to tell....   hypocrisy at its finest.   At least Madonna Calls it first in the video.  This all is getting a bit absurd 

2 hours ago, Simo9jo said:

After 1992/93, there is no backlash that can ever compare to that...what’s even left to say about Madonna that hasn’t been said in the most vile way imaginable  already? When the music is this good (as was Erotica) it ultimately does not matter. It’s a testament to how messed up things are in the USA concerning guns, that simply talking about what happens constantly regarding mass shootings is seen as the most controversial thing one can do. Fucked up.

Because it starts with PEOPLE control first, Chicago has some of the STRICTEST gun laws in the country and the homicide rate by guns, mostly all illegally purchased, is STRATOSPHERIC.  If someone wants to kill you, they'll FIND a way no matter what

That said , there should be stricter gun control laws EVERYWHERE and semi automatic weapons should be banned outright, their ONLY purpose is to murder

But even with super strict gun laws , criminals will still find a way to get guns illegally

Also I'm sure Madonna's security staff has guns , didn't one of her bodyguards SAVE her life when Robert Dewey Hoskins broke into her LA home and the guard shot him in the butt (!) in 1995?