God Control video - OUT NOW!!!

Just now, boy skeffington said:

She looks incredible, especially in the blond bangs. I fear so much for her sometimes but I understand and see why she is so fearless...someone has to be. That said, I hope the tour is fucking secured. I always am nervous when she's on a stage...the crazies with guns are crazy.

You're right.

35 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

It's just that everytime she does something now the knives are out for her. This is a song about gun control and the video also depicts that but I worry people will say it's in poor taste.  

It happens in real life, i.e. Bataclan, Orlando, so that's why people need to put their brains to use. Their "poor taste" retaliation is just as harmful as a rat's fart.

Just now, Ai Papi Si. said:

Uh, I hope not. That would be really stupid. She's already got it in a nightclub, I think that's all the reference the video needs. 

No, that’s what I kind of mean. I think people will automatically link it to Pulse because of the disco sound and drag queens but I don’t think her intention is to be that specific about one incident.  

To ya'll talking about "what backlash will this create?" well, plenty. 

I mean that's what Madonna does. All the way from Like a Virgin (song, video, MTV performance, to Papa Don't Preach video, to Like a Prayer (video, pepsi and pope backlash), Justify My Love video being pulled, Erotica and Sex book *shock*, the Evita naysayers, Human Nature backlash, American Life shade and backlash, and many more.

Madonna does this well. She's not only a master self marketer, but a genius at music creation, production and creating topics that create trends/people to follow her. 

A blacklash back then would be no biggie...a blacklash now? Look at how there was someone mailing fucking bombs! Hope she doesnt take any threat lightly after this video. The world is ugly and people are just going crazier and crazier.

6 minutes ago, Kilt said:

It happens in real life, i.e. Bataclan, Orlando, so that's why people need to put their brains to use. Their "poor taste" retaliation is just as harmful as a rat's fart.

I agree with you. Btw, is there a mistake in the subtitles of the video? I saw "writting".

2 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

The onslaught of outrage will come and she knows it. I support her 100%. She's an incredible artist and role model. 

Well who knows. Maybe it won’t be as horrific of a backlash as we thought. Many ppl in America would agree with the sentiment at the very least 

44 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

OMG! She's paying homage to Raffaella Carrà :lol: Can't wait! The video looks epic and highly controversial!

:lol2:

Making a great point here when guesting on Letterman in 1986, she pointed out that he should compare her to a female and not say she's the Italian Johnny Carson or Ed Sullivan, in fact she adds "I'm just me, no need to compare to anyone period". 

Lol @ people complaining about a violent video. Song is called God Control and talks about gun regulations. What did you expect? The Teletubbies and Spongebob Squarepants talking about guns?

Jesus...

This is going to cause a lot of controversy but she knows that and is doing it to convey a message

I'm ready.

She's going to get dragged to hell for this but she gives no fucks and she is the bravest star that ever lived. DO IT.

Isn't this why we all love her? Got saying the things no one else would dare to? 

Never safe. Always a renegade. Our Queen.

Bring on the backlash! She knows what she’s doing and she is ready for it. For many months on IG she hinted about taking huge risks, speaking out, and getting denounced. I can’t wait for this video!

10 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

The onslaught of outrage will come and she knows it. I support her 100%. She's an incredible artist and role model. 

THIS!

....oh to think that she has been sitting on this for three and a half months and all people involved have kept the secret in such a tight way! Amazing! 

5 minutes ago, XXL said:

:lol2:

Making a great point here when guesting on Letterman in 1986, she pointed out that he should compare her to a female and not say she's the Italian Johnny Carson or Ed Sullivan, in fact she adds "I'm just me, no need to compare to anyone period". 

Is the first video legal? lol🤣🤣

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
4 minutes ago, Jairo said:

Lol @ people complaining about a violent video. Song is called God Control and talks about gun regulations. What did you expect? The Teletubbies and Spongebob Squarepants talking about guns?

Jesus...

Who is complaining?  I've read some with concern of backlash, but for the most part people are very open to what this video is possibly about. 

Well it’s got a large lgbtq representation in the video so they were clearly ok with it . It’s a message. 

Those who get outraged will be the Christian gun nuts 

41 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

Wow, this is giving me D&D vibes but obviously it will have a whole other spin on it. Her styling is drop dead gorgeous, and already judging by these clips, one of her best ever in this decade.

As for the ending - well, looks like she's opening Pandora's box with this vid anyway so yeah, I hope she will just go all out with this topic. Bring on the shock value! (And yeah now it's clear why they didn't use this for the album launch)

Spot on!

Bring God Control on Madame X