Rate Madonna's last 4 albums

1.  Madame X - 8.5/10

2. Rebel Heart - 8/10  (I don't get the sudden distaste for the album recently by some fans.  I think it has some of her best, most heartfelt songs in recent years,  after seemingly phoning it in for the last two albums. It's a good step back in the right direction. )

3. MDNA- 7.5/10 

4. Hard Candy - 7/10 

Just now, Dindi said:

1.  Madame X - 8.5/10

2. Rebel Heart - 8/10  (I don't get the sudden distaste for the album recently by some fans.  I think it has some of her best, most heartfelt songs in recent years,  after seemingly phoning it in for the last two albums. It's a good step back in the right direction. )

3. MDNA- 7.5/10 

4. Hard Candy - 7/10 

Fantastic collections of songs ruined mostly by awful mastering. 

Rebel Heart

Madame X

Hard Candy

MDNA

Madame X could be one of my all time favorite albums.  I have been excited about it since last year, and it has exceeded my expectations.  (I only had to delete Killers and Dark Ballet!)

The other albums are strange.  I had no problems with any of the collaborators, in fact in each case I was excited, and then felt underwhelmed with the results.  I remember playing Hard Candy a lot, but now the only song I would bother with would be Give it to Me.  The same with MDNA, I would only listen to a few songs:  FF, Love Spent, etc.  With Rebel Heart, it might have been my top 5 if Avicii had produced the whole thing, I only listen to demos.

7 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

Madame X could be one of my all time favorite albums.  I have been excited about it since last year, and it has exceeded my expectations.  (I only had to delete Killers and Dark Ballet!)

The other albums are strange.  I had no problems with any of the collaborators, in fact in each case I was excited, and then felt underwhelmed with the results.  I remember playing Hard Candy a lot, but now the only song I would bother with would be Give it to Me.  The same with MDNA, I would only listen to a few songs:  FF, Love Spent, etc.  With Rebel Heart, it might have been my top 5 if Avicii had produced the whole thing, I only listen to demos.

I love Dark Ballet. And I understand Killers being a buzzkill since it outstays its welcome.

Madame X - 9.5

Rebel Heart - 6

Hard Candy - 3

MDNA - 1 

Madame X is up there with ROL and better than Music for me. The rest are trash although Rebel Heart had some great tunes. 

Guest eroticerotic

1. Madame X - the experimental album MDNA tried to be, and that I knew Madonna could deliver. and finally she did! I'm a big fan of Madonna the avant garde artist, and when she is giving 100% to her visuals.

2. MDNA - it could have been more glorious if there was more time on the production and mastering. Despite that, it contains alot of my fav songs from her. 

3. Rebel Heart - has some of her best songwriting. Living For Love, Ghosttown, Iconic, Autotune Baby, Queen, Addicted, Borrowed Time, Beautiful Scars are my favs.

4. Hard Candy - For some reason, glorious Madonna bridges were left out in the album except for in She's Not Me and Incredible. That was a huge buzzkill for me. Haven't listened to the album in years. May have to revisit!

2 hours ago, Dindi said:

2. Rebel Heart - 8/10  (I think it has some of her best, most heartfelt songs in recent years

I think lots of people have said what I am going to say here for quite a number of times: It's not really about the individual songs, it's the album AS A WHOLE that does not measure up to her standard. 

3 hours ago, svperstar said:

Yeah, these ratings are about right for me too.

I know people will probably give me grief for rating MDNA so low but that album... I listened to it like 3 times max and for me it has no replay value whatsoever .

Everything just felt rush and the songs felt a little half arsed to be perfectly honest .

RH and Madame X I love. RH ( the track ) spoke to me . It's very personal and I love it .

1. Madame X

2. Rebel Heart

3. Hard Candy

4. MDNA

IMO MDNA ranks the lowest in her career, followed by Hard Candy and Rebel Heart. Sorry, but that's why i'm so grateful for Madame X. I was almost convinced that Madonna had lost the stamina to release more innovative, thought-provoking and awesome albums. 

Weird thing is that Rebel Heart has so many INCREDIBLE songs. It had the potential to be a Madonna classic. 

14 minutes ago, jtrover said:

Rebel Heart        8.5/10

MDNA                 8/10

Hard Candy        7.5/10

Madame X         2/10

:rotfl:

Hello, Pitchwork. 

10 hours ago, karbatal said:

Hello, Pitchwork. 

I know, right?

Make no mistake, I'm devastated about it. I feel like I'm grieving. This has never happened to me since 1983 with a M album. I'm beyond thrilled for the excellent reviews and even more for the fans who are absolutely in love with it, since they're the ones that truly matter. I certainly will not go into the reasons why I don't like the album out of respect (I don't think anyone would be interested anyways, and I like to keep things positive as much as possible). I'm a fan for life regardless. 

1 minute ago, KalamazooJay said:

Ah and the Rebel Heart backlash has arrived. I guess this forum is all dried up from the orgies we had over it 5 years ago.

12 hours ago, jtrover said:

Rebel Heart        8.5/10

MDNA                 8/10

Hard Candy        7.5/10

Madame X         2/10

MDNA - 8 and Madame X - 2

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Ah and the Rebel Heart backlash has arrived. I guess this forum is all dried up from the orgies we had over it 5 years ago. 

1) Rebel Heart 

2) Hard Candy 

3) Madame X 

4) MDNA 

The Rebel Heart backlash is sad. People that loved the album for years are now talking about it so negatively.  Not just in this thread, but all over the forum in many threads. Seems to happen when new albums are released. 

I have found  that the saddest part of this new era. Love that people are enjoying Madame X but the sudden trashing of Rebel Heart from people that previously loved it has been sad to read. 

2 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The Rebel Heart backlash is sad. People that loved the album for years are now talking about it so negatively.  Not just in this thread, but all over the forum in many threads. Seems to happen when new albums are released. 

I have found  that the saddest part of this new era. Love that people are enjoying Madame X but the sudden trashing of Rebel Heart from people that previously loved it has been sad to read. 

I’m hating this also, Jan.

17 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Rebel Heart is an awesome album. It is just the novelty of a new album talking. RH will stand the test of time.