Madame X album general discussion

I "Like" every song on the album, but I agree with those of you who say it's not really an album where you can just throw on a track or two and then listen to something else.  Madame X is more of an album that needs to be listed to all at once.  There aren't a lot of tracks that make me want to put it on that scream "feel good" "dance" "carefree" - the lyrics are heavy/deep, and even something like "God Control" - which has a "Hung Up" style beat but does not make me want to dance because of the lyrical content.  This is not a complaint though - it's just the way I feel.  I also find "Madame X" heard to sing a long to as I do not speak the other language(s) on the album which also makes it hard to relate to.  That being said, some of my favorite moments on the album are those moments in other language(s).  I find myself listening to the album on and off but it has more replay value than say, "Hard Candy" because it is something different - it's just not keeping my interest like "Confessions" did or "MDNA" - although I would say it's all around better than "MDNA" - I just find it darker.  

I appreciate Madonna's artistry and the work she put into this album - the documentary was really great to watch and to see how the album came to be.

1 hour ago, rocknrolla said:

I really like the album but I usually start with future, so I can avoid dark ballet and God control

Your missing Medellin then too🤯 sacrilege!

had a friend over this weekend (who isn’t a hardcore fan so hasn’t heard Madame X yet) was playing the album while we were chilling and getting ready, without telling him who it was to see if it catches his attention - he never asked about any of the songs he heard but when Faz Gostosa started I saw him start tapping his hands on his thighs to the beat whilst he was on his phone! 

So I guess Faz Gostaso is the song the GP would have liked the most💁🏽‍♀️

9 hours ago, Eltacubo said:

Yup- its more like listen to a radiohead or bjork album. Thats a good thing. It asks you to engage and focus. 

Totally feel that way with Radiohead besides maybe The Bends. 

I find that with early Bjork albums you can skip around a bit more because older songs are possibly bit more pop. Human Behavior, Army of Me, I Miss You, etc.

Now back to the Madame X! 

7 hours ago, Wunderkind said:

It’s a masterpiece today and it will remain a masterpiece. 

Yep. It’s a different type of album and that’s why I like it.

3 hours ago, Nick said:

Totally feel that way with Radiohead besides maybe The Bends. 

I find that with early Bjork albums you can skip around a bit more because older songs are possibly bit more pop. Human Behavior, Army of Me, I Miss You, etc.

Now back to the Madame X! 

So true about bjork homogenic is more listenable as a whole album

Yeah I think the Starrah/Mike Dean tracks are tailor made for individual listening. Its the Mirwais songs that need context for non fans who write "weird" off after one listen.

I listened to Medellin and Dark Ballet so much that I start at GC. Sometimes Batuka. I still love all the songs though.

37 minutes ago, lasky said:

https://www.breaktudo.com/breaktudo-awards-2019-anitta-e-ariana-grande-lideram-a-lista-de-indicados-com-5-indicacoes-cada/#.XWPrSY2fF64.twitter

Madonna's Madame X is nominated for Album of the Year & God Control is up for International Video of the Year!

Well deserved! I’d be amazed if she gets them though, when up against the predictable/flavours of the month

Please, I really want this album to get some Grammy nominations. Yes, as The Queen Of Pop she doesn't need them but I'd love some proper industry recognition for this fantastically bold experiment at this stage of her illustrious career. 

37 minutes ago, Karma said:

Please, I really want this album to get some Grammy nominations. Yes, as The Queen Of Pop she doesn't need them but I'd love some proper industry recognition for this fantastically bold experiment at this stage of her illustrious career. 

The industry has hated her for ages. It's not gonna happen.

3 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

The industry has hated her for ages. It's not gonna happen.

A bitch can still be hopeful though!

I'm really hoping for some proper recognition!

16 hours ago, Karma said:

Fingers crossed but Slob's hip is torn album qualifies this year so you know she'll have bought that.

Chances are she'll get a nom of she agrees to perform. That seems to be how it works now.

43 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Fingers crossed but Slob's hip is torn album qualifies this year so you know she'll have bought that.

Wasn't it nominated in 61st Grammys ?

42 minutes ago, Ray Finkle said:

Wasn't it nominated in 61st Grammys ?

Swallow was but album too late to qualify so it'll make this year's. Given she'll probably be pushing LG6 by then, I'm sure all sorts of deals are being done to make her look relevant.

Still if M gets a nomination that would be great as it will be earned by merit not paid for.

On 8/25/2019 at 10:50 PM, Flip The Switch said:

Medellín is essential. Medellín is Madame X. Medellín is the whole album, era. You name it.

Amen 

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

Swallow was but album too late to qualify so it'll make this year's. Given she'll probably be pushing LG6 by then, I'm sure all sorts of deals are being done to make her look relevant.

Still if M gets a nomination that would be great as it will be earned by merit not paid for.

Swallow :lol:

madame x deserves nominations, but I don’t think it will get one.

Guest BillyBongo

I gave it an 8/10 on Madonna Infinity forum, but 2 months down the line, it’s more a 5/10. I love that she’s trying so many different things, I love experimental music, I ADORE that she’s working with people from Cape Verde, one of my most favourite places in the world....but it’s just wall to wall autotune, there’s hardly any let up. There’s literally only one time I can hear in the album where she sounds raw and real, and that’s a single line in Crazy. I’m not saying that she should still have her Evita/Ray of Light vocals after so many years performing but does her voice really need so much treatment? I’m not being a snob, I actually think it works really well on The Nutcracker segment of Dark Ballet. But the rest sounds like it’s run through the computer for the sake of it