Madame X album general discussion

2 minutes ago, gwaak1 said:

I’d like to hear more Madonna and less vocorder next time. Any robot could have made this album.

Show me that robot! I would like to buy one! 💀

I for one love all the vocal effects and always have. They’re layered in there with plenty of “natural” vocals as well so I just don’t get why so many people are hung up on this and it’s been brought up so much with this album. They add impact and depth to the music in my opinion. It’s not like they’ve been thrown in there cheaply and without nuance, which is often the case with many, many other mainstream artists. 

3 hours ago, side_streets said:

Amen. Madame X is a robot—and I love it! 

I can't imagine the album without those effects. They're thrilling. "Wake up, wake up..." on God Control gives me goosebumps. 

3 hours ago, gwaak1 said:

I’d like to hear more Madonna and less vocorder next time. Any robot could have made this album.

If it’s that easy then list the many other albums which have. There aren’t any and that was a rhetorical question to you so don’t bother replying. Oh but you can’t reply anyway since your lame ass is banned. How interesting that through this entire Madame X era this was the only time you felt compelled to post anything. You barely ever post and this robot album is clearly far too sophisticated for you. You won’t be missed. *FLUSH*

18 minutes ago, Aries said:

What’s next on the agenda? Single release....another video...documentary....appearance? Anyone know?

Rehearsals for the tour. Thanks God she shot all the videos before the album release. We would have seen only pics and snippets from rehearsals. 

17 hours ago, side_streets said:

Me too! I have no words for Madonna and the work she's put into this phenomenonal piece of art and the huge cinematic and theatrical journey it takes us on from the beginning to the end. 

On 7/20/2019 at 11:58 AM, Monsieur X said:

Still love this album so much and listening to it almost everyday - I have to give it breaks as don't want to overdo it

Definitely one of her best albums & her best since Confessions, no doubt. 

👍

No question

Such a pleasant experience

After having the entire album for several weeks, what strikes me the most is that her new music feels like it has a real sense of purpose, urgency and maturity. I love the progression from the last few albums to this one, I really feel like she had to make MDNA and Rebel Heart the way that she did in order to get to a place where Madame X was possible.

I do feel like the sexy bad-girl element of her personality is somewhat subdued on this album, but I'm sure it will roar back into view at some point.

CRAVE continues to climb on BILLBOARD

Adult Contemporary #12

Adult Pop Songs #34

playing in NYC on both 

the New 102.7 and 106.7 LiteFM

👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

3 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Me too! I have no words for Madonna and the work she's put into this phenomenonal piece of art and the huge cinematic and theatrical journey it takes us on from the beginning to the end. 

Indeed. 👏👏👏

On 7/21/2019 at 12:11 AM, gwaak1 said:

Never really got the naysayers who complain about vocal effects

She has always done it, esp with Mirwais

And you can always pop in Evita for pure operatic vocals

I guess with Social Media the complaining is just noisier

4 hours ago, Priceless said:

After having the entire album for several weeks, what strikes me the most is that her new music feels like it has a real sense of purpose, urgency and maturity. I love the progression from the last few albums to this one, I really feel like she had to make MDNA and Rebel Heart the way that she did in order to get to a place where Madame X was possible.

I do feel like the sexy bad-girl element of her personality is somewhat subdued on this album, but I'm sure it will roar back into view at some point.

Faz Gostoso, Bitch Im Loca, Crave

10 hours ago, Steve said:

CRAVE continues to climb on BILLBOARD

Adult Contemporary #12

Adult Pop Songs #34

playing in NYC on both 

the New 102.7 and 106.7 LiteFM

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I hope it enters the top 10. 🙏

26 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

I hope it enters the top 10. 🙏

I hope so but its already losing ground and spins are slowing down

I still listen to the album daily, and it goes by so fast, like very quickly, I love how it changes from dance to disco to ballads to whatever is next.

The only ones not doing it for me are LFM and BTUTTB, but I still listen to them when I’m in the mood. I made a playlist with Champagne Rose and Soltera and they mix well.

Hopefully we do get the video for FG and one more performance or promo for the album, I don’t want this to fade away until the tour happens.

On 7/20/2019 at 4:11 PM, gwaak1 said:

There’s so much soul behind these songs, such a shame if you can’t hear it.

12 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Never really got the naysayers who complain about vocal effects

She has always done it, esp with Mirwais

And you can always pop in Evita for pure operatic vocals

I guess with Social Media the complaining is just noisier

I love her voice as it is, I love it when she just sings, as she did in jimmy fallon´s show with summertime...Vocoder it´s ok for some moments in some songs, but all the time in most of them...that´s my only complain for this fabulous album. Anyways, I´m sure she will stop using them so much in the next albums, she will get bored of it

17 hours ago, Priceless said:

PERFECTLY stated.

dm2zc4.jpg

I don't mind the vocal effects too much- at first, they can be a little jarring, but there's a purpose behind it, especially in tracks like DB and GC.

Plus, it's not like we don't get to hear her "regular" voice on the album.

2 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

I don't mind the vocal effects too much- at first, they can be a little jarring, but there's a purpose behind it, especially in tracks like DB and GC.

Exactly. This is nothing new in M discography. 

5 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

What is the purpose in tracks like DB and GC? To introduce a different persona?