Madame X album general discussion

Madonna right now is at her most inspiring . Literally every sour bitch , including "fans " of this disposition is telling her to stop or do it some other way , they're spreading lies , try to re-write history , projecting their most personal fears on her, misunderstanding her work or deliberately misinterpreting it , is talked about with disdain ,disgust and disbelief ALL the time... and she keeps going !

I'm tired just listing these things , I don't know how she does it , she seems superhuman . I need this right now, someone to look up to for perseverance  ( and as the song goes , it is indeed increasingly hard to find someone to admire ) . I love and respect this woman from the depths of my heart . Madame X is a teacher ( and great achievement of a record ) .

8 minutes ago, V.K said:

Madonna right now is at her most inspiring . Literally every sour bitch , including "fans " of this disposition is telling her to stop or do it some other way , they're spreading lies , try to re-write history , projecting their most personal fears on her, misunderstanding her work or deliberately misinterpreting it , is talked about with disdain ,disgust and disbelief ALL the time... and she keeps going !

I'm tired just listing these things , I don't know how she does it , she seems superhuman . I need this right now, someone to look up to for perseverance  ( and as the song goes , it is indeed increasingly hard to find someone to admire ) . I love and respect this woman from the depths of my heart . Madame X is a teacher ( and great achievement of a record ) .

M15 cannot come soon enough!

18 minutes ago, V.K said:

💪💪💪

9 hours ago, V.K said:

:clap::clap::clap:

14 hours ago, V.K said:

Well said. I couldn't agree more.  I'm so happy that she is still around us and keeps inspiring us.

16 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

So sad... But I kinda know the feeling, my father died few days before MDNA was released and my brother died right after Rebel Heart was released. That's why I am confused when I am listening to them: happy or sad?  

Wishing Julie all the best.

Can relate to both of you, @zephyralexxx. My papa passed away on the day "Ghostown" was released. I'm still dealing with it but I'm ok now. Haven't bought the RH cd nor streamed it on spotify. But nearly a year after his death, I saw the RH concert. And Madonna for the first time since stanning her in 1984. Somehow, her magnificence took away some of the pain. 

MX, on the other hand, I stream daily. Such a piece of art. 

Edited by toujours

On 7/5/2019 at 1:06 AM, frzndrwnwrld said:

You can think Beyoncé is award-worthy all you want but I refuse to believe that her and Jay-Z deserve a GLAAD award. What the fuck was that about?!

I just think there is no need to undermine the talent of other obviously talented performers to discuss the lack of recognition Madonna is receiving. I agree on the GLAAD

At first I took the critic’s consistent use of the word‘ weird’or ‘bizarre’ to describe MADAMEX  as a compliment.  That was before I listened to the album.Now I find thesewords they used were inappropriate if not outright vulgar.

What exactly is weird? Is it her stating ‘she can dress like a boy’, is it the sound of Batuka, is it her commiserating with the downtrodden, is it her use of technology, is it her singing in Spanish and Portuguese, is it her collaborating with young artists, is it her singing about gun control, is it her assuming different accents and mannerisms in the her singing, is it her outstanding creativity?

Are any of the above things weird? Would they consider them weird if someone else did them? Is it weird cause she’s white?  Is it weird cause they didn’t think she was talentedenough?

Ironically I wouldn’t have minded it if you–fans used the same words to describe her album or even her, or even me for that matter.

How would you like it, if you are called weird by the likes of such people?

More importantly how does she still have faith in the goodness of humans?

Only the truly great and brave are this optimistic.(So shouldn’t I likewise aspire to be just as hopeful and soldier on with optimism?I guess --Sorry for my bitchy post.)

Edited by miki

7 minutes ago, miki said:

At first I took the critic’s consistent use of the word‘ weird’or ‘bizarre’ to describe MADAMEX  as a compliment.  That was before I listened to the album.Now I find thesewords they used were inappropriate if not outright vulgar.

What exactly is weird? Is it her stating ‘she can dress like a boy’, is it the sound of Batuka, is it her commiserating with the downtrodden, is it her use of technology, is it her singing in Spanish and Portuguese, is it her collaborating with young artists, is it her singing about gun control, is it her assuming different accents and mannerisms in the her singing, is it her outstanding creativity?

Are any of the above things weird? Would they consider them weird if someone else did them? Is it weird cause she’s white?  Is it weird cause they didn’t think she was talentedenough?

Ironically I wouldn’t have minded it if you–fans used the same words to describe her album or even her, or even me for that matter.

How would you like it, if you are called weird by the likes of such people?

More importantly how does she still have faith in the goodness of humans?

Only the truly great and brave are this optimistic.(So shouldn’t I likewise aspire to be just as hopeful and soldier on with optimism?I guess --Sorry for my bitchy post.)

I think these reviewers heard Dark Ballet, realised there was no Hung Up and saw the eye-patch and it was too much for their tiny minds. 

On 7/4/2019 at 6:21 PM, VogueMusic said:

I stand firm in my belief that Ciao Bella deserved a place on the actual album. It's pure magic.

Totally feel the same.

On 5 July 2019 at 8:21 AM, VogueMusic said:

I stand firm in my belief that Ciao Bella deserved a place on the actual album. It's pure magic.

1 hour ago, runa said:

Totally feel the same.

Yes, I love it too.

Ciao Bella and Funana are beautiful to me and both so unique. 

2 minutes ago, side_streets said:

The Holy Trinity of experimental Madonna: Erotica - American Life - Madame X

😍

Wasn't ROL kind of experimental in the 90s?

2 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Wasn't ROL kind of experimental in the 90s?

Ray of Light was a bit experimental, but more accessible in my opinion 

4 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Yes, this is true

21 hours ago, Profane said:

I think these reviewers heard Dark Ballet, realised there was no Hung Up and saw the eye-patch and it was too much for their tiny minds. 

I think you're right. Shame on me for thinking they heard the whole thing.

1 hour ago, miki said:

1 hour ago, miki said:

I think you're right. Shame on me for thinking they heard the whole thing

It  looks like many reviewers didn't listened to the album. At best they listened to a few seconds of some songs, just for a "good conscience". It is a shame because I think it is better not to write anything at all if you as a "professional" don't do your job right. They ended up just reviewing what they imagined the album is based on their personal (and probably distorted) opinion on Madonna. I think that even if you don't sympathise with an artist this don't necessarily mean that you can't write about their work in a professional way (if you are really interested in understanding their work), if you do so even a negative review will reveal interesting aspects and this is exactly how I see if someone really did their job. Many articles show exactly the opposite: they just want to write anything about the album without trying to understand it.

Edited by Geiger83

10 hours ago, side_streets said:

Agree. I think MX and AL are the most experimental. I think MX moreso.

What version of Madame x has all 18 songs on it? I want all the songs!!

On 7/5/2019 at 12:08 PM, V.K said:

Well said! I've always loved her perseverance too and how she lets nothing stop her. 

On 6/15/2019 at 11:05 PM, possiblymaybe98 said:

Am I the only one that reeeally loves it? Out of so many tracks only 3 or 4 are trend-chasing, and Living For Love is her most underrated single ever, would’ve been a classic if it was released in the 90s.  MDNA is the true stain in her discography, Rebel Heart is not.

I love Rebel Heart!  You are not the only one. It was a great era.