Madame X album general discussion

On 6/18/2019 at 9:22 PM, side_streets said:

Madame X goes well with Behaviour by Pet Shop Boys.

Both albums are nostalgic and melancholic.

The transition between I Rise and Being Boring is divine. 😍

On 6/20/2019 at 2:03 AM, Je5u5 said:

I've actually been playing this and alternating it with Pet Shop Boys as well. There must be something making us do it huh?

so interesting you brought this, I would never think of put together those tracks. Being Boring is one of the songs I love the most in my whole life. 

what I want to do someday is create a playlist mixing Madonna with Depeche Mode wich is my second beloved artist(s), the only who approach more to how I worship her.

and I'm trying to wonder what album/songs of them I could link to Madame X.

Hard to believe it’s only been a week since the record was released. It has already become part of my life, I quote it all the time, and there is a song for every freaking occasion. 

My faves keep changing but at the moment Crazy, IDSIF, Ciao Bella, Killers are up there. Then again, I was blasting Faz Gostoso in the car yesterday and I moved it up on the track list to be track #2, after Medellin. There is just a lot to enjoy, despite how serious and urgent it is. I don’t find the record angry or jaded, but rather cathartic and hopeful. Only Madonna. 

Does anyone else feel really satisfied with the tracklisting / sequencing on this album? 

I have to say it's so refreshing to listen through a new M record again without the need to mess with the tracklist. The whole album flows so well from start to finish!

With MDNA, I had to kick out most of the Solveig songs first and reshuffle the whole thing, while with RH I basically created my own album :lol: (albeit a very good one, still love RH). This one is just perfect - despite the variety of styles everything is tied together flawlessly.

2 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

Does anyone else feel really satisfied with the tracklisting / sequencing on this album? 

I have to say it's so refreshing to listen through a new M record again without the need to mess with the tracklist. The whole album flows so well from start to finish!

With MDNA, I had to kick out most of the Solveig songs first and reshuffle the whole thing, while with RH I basically created my own album :lol: (albeit a very good one, still love RH). This one is just perfect - despite the variety of styles everything is tied together flawlessly.

Absolutely.  I listen to it straight through and skip nothing.

15 hours ago, Andra said:

This is who Madonna is today. This is what she's seen. This is what she still yearns for. She knows who she is. And she knows who she's not. And she don't give a F

YASS YASS AND YASS

4 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

Yes indeed. A really good piece of work. It fits so well.  

It's the same thing when I listen to Music inferno, impossible to stop until the end of hung up. I even never thought of skipping any song on Madame X 

This album is a fucking masterpiece! It's certainly her strongest this decade, and right up there with her best work. The concept, the visuals, the music, everything is outstanding, and I couldn't be happier what everything she has given us so far.

Couldn’t agree more , it really is a brilliant album. It’s up there with ray of light , erotica and like a prayer in my top 4 . 

Sequencing is amazing too , no skips except I do often finish before I Rise , sorry 😐 

16 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

I agree

As much as I love both MDNA and RH (probably RH a little bit more) you can tell the difference from Madame X in terms of the writing camp issue. I think the previous two studio albums have some pretty amazing songs on them with RH seeing her go back to a more classic pop hook approach but this new album flows more homogenously, despite its eclecticism. Less cooks serve to give the final result a sense of direction, thematically and stylistically

Love the sequencing in Madame X so much, it just flows beautifully. I also love how Madonna is inhabiting different vocal planets on here

44 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

Yes! It flows perfect and I also haven't felt the need to mess with anything. I noticed it immediately on first listen. The album is pretty long but it flies by because it flows so well. With MDNA I don't even recall the real tracklist....I only know mine. I tried to stay more true to RH but there were just sooooo many options so I did kind of shuffle things around a bit there too.

2 hours ago, YannBouch said:

It's the same thing when I listen to Music inferno, impossible to stop until the end of hung up. I even never thought of skipping any song on Madame X 

Neither. At the beginning I was checking out certain songs to see what they were out of curiosity. Bit now I've been playing the whole thing through without skipping. 

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

The album is pretty long but it flies by because it flows so well. 

I love long Madonna tracklists. RH had a long tracklist, and this has 18 songs. Very good indeed!

Yes they really put work into the sequencing this time, as if they listened to it in a million different ways until they nailed the right one. So many different sounds and yet so cohesive.

After looking forward to the album for so long, there were a few things going on last week which meant I couldn't properly take it in. This week has been so busy but I've really started to appreciate the album and love it. 

It's too early to compare to other albums (I loved Rebel Heart and still think 4 of the songs are some of her absolute best) but this album has that magic that is difficult to articulate.

Edited by Silverfox
Typo

It's been one week and I've literally been listening to the album every single day. I can't stop. Is this an unhealthy obsession? lol  I'm glad this forum is here so I don't feel alone! 

I also have been quiet here for the last few months (mostly work related), but mainly because I wanted/needed to absorb this era without major spoils/leaks.  Work has still been absorbing most of my time.  But, I find myself waking up earlier, going to bed later.....just so I can have a moment alone with this masterpiece.  I can NOT skip a single track.  I was a bit thrown off by some of the vocal affects on a few songs, but after better listening (through better headphones I shouldn't have indulged in).....OMG.....before the year, summer or month ends, I'll probably be deaf (but at least my ears/heart/soul/head....died happy)!!!!!  Even the uptight (he thinks I'm overly obsessed) life-long husband is noticeably beginning to tap the feet, bop the head and unconsciously become addicted also.  What a way to start the summer (finally enough love)!!!!!   

9 hours ago, Nonoka said:

Totally agree here!  I just play it right through (and perhaps REPEAT a track) without hitting skip/forward. Like you, I created my own MDNA/RH playlists...so it is nice to not have to mentally re-arrange the order and edit out tracks.

9 hours ago, Nonoka said:

Agree 100% . This is the first album since American Life where I don't skip any song or stop before it finishes. 

1 hour ago, todsmod said:

I also have been quiet here for the last few months (mostly work related), but mainly because I wanted/needed to absorb this era without major spoils/leaks.  Work has still been absorbing most of my time.  But, I find myself waking up earlier, going to bed later.....just so I can have a moment alone with this masterpiece.  I can NOT skip a single track.  I was a bit thrown off by some of the vocal affects on a few songs, but after better listening (through better headphones I shouldn't have indulged in).....OMG.....before the year, summer or month ends, I'll probably be deaf (but at least my ears/heart/soul/head....died happy)!!!!!  Even the uptight (he thinks I'm overly obsessed) life-long husband is noticeably beginning to tap the feet, bop the head and unconsciously become addicted also.  What a way to start the summer (finally enough love)!!!!!   

My other half, who is anti-Madonna (for the most part) "listened without prejudice" and gave the album a B- >>> which is bloody good going!! 

The vocal effects took a bit of getting used to, but they're fine, here to stay, and make a statement.

13 hours ago, Nonoka said:

We tried to explain this.

But of course when we expressed the same point of view as you did, some fans see it as though we have this some kind of an agenda to stir a backlash by reviling her previous post-COADF albums just to go into raptures about her latest work. Most fans do NOT hate RH, we just find Madame X to be a much stronger album. 

And it's like we are not even allowed to compare her musical output at all (each album is wonderful, don't pit one against the other!), it's just ridiculously juvenile. 

10 hours ago, Nonoka said:

What's your Rebel Heart tracklist?

10 hours ago, Nonoka said:

I pretty much agree, I listened to the album on shuffle in the gym this morning and it just didn’t feel right. MDNA and RH were just a collection of songs, MX is an album that has a structure and it really works. 

The only difference I would make is to make IDSIF the last song.  

Guys the album gets better and better. I simply ADORE it and in my opinion is her best work since American Life! This album is NEVER going to age, just like AL stlll is pure vanguard.