Madonna - World of Madame X (Documentary on Amazon Prime)

This documentry is amazing. It should have been so much longer though, but they did fit in so much great footage and information. Hope for many more music videos from this album. I wozld love to have one with the acordeon for "Killers..."

I enjoyed this so much — thanks to fans here for bringing it to our attention! Yes, it’s odd no one is officially announcing this, but perhaps they will in time. I, too, wish there were more, but I think it was fascinating nonetheless. Loved it. 

I wrote a five-star review on Amazon. There were only 15 reviews before me, and they, too, were five-star reviews. I marked the others as “helpful,” as well.

I wonder if this was part of any EPK (electronic press kit)...? Didn’t she ask several journalists if they’d already seen this work by Nuno? Makes me think this was available to the media in advance. Perhaps not, though.

Yes, I want this on a DVD with the music videos as part of (yet another) special edition. (Really,  a DVD should have been in the box set!)

I like that she addressed appropriation and said “art belongs to everyone,” and called it an homage. 

I also liked her explaining the percussion instrument in Come Alive was created by emancipated slaves — turning the very thing that formerly imprisoned them into an instrument of music. And how this was important to her, and she wanted to use that sound on the record because of that. So beautiful — and so appropriate for her as an artist, no? That has been a theme of her entire career — celebrating freedom and liberation.

So at this point, the only song she hasn’t spoken about publicly is Looking For Mercy, right?

I know she mentioned the inspiration behind Crave at the Billboard Music Awards and mentioned that IDSIF is about being a gypsy (and that the stems/finger snaps are from Vogue) in one of her junket interviews.

We still know nothing about Mercy. How odd.

Really great. Most excited for the possible Come Alive video, if it exists. Based on the documentary, this is the look from that video which she posted back around her birthday.

B30DA0E8-4184-4DF2-ABF4-ECC54ABE49E8.jpeg

4DCF9416-903D-4C1B-A1B7-3E2F26FD41AA.jpeg

Edited by Candyperfumeboy

1 minute ago, Candyperfumeboy said:

Really great. Most excited for the possible Come Alive video, if it exists. Based on the documentary, this is the look from that video if it exists.

That was her birthday celebration in Morocco. I think they used those images as B roll when she spoke about Come Alive because the percussion instrumentation is from northern Africa (where Morocco is). So the images relate to the percussion used on the track. I doubt there is a standalone video for it, though — as much as I would love a video for Come Alive!

I love this!!!  That 20 minutes went by like it was 5!  I was so mesmerized by the visuals, the music and what she was saying about this whole experience.  This could have gone on for hours and I would have been just as enthralled for the entirety.  This has made me love and appreciate this album even more if that's possible.  I love hearing the stories and inspirations behind her music more than anything else so this was like heaven to me.  I really hope there is more but if not, I would still be satisfied and grateful for this.  And that b & w shot of her in the handmaid outfit without the bonnet on is AMAZING!!

21 minutes ago, peter said:

I also liked her explaining the percussion instrument in Come Alive was created by emancipated slaves — turning the very thing that formerly imprisoned them into an instrument of music. And how this was important to her, and she wanted to use that sound on the record because of that. So beautiful — and so appropriate for her as an artist, no? That has been a theme of her entire career — celebrating freedom and liberation.

That was one of my favorite parts!  I already loved that song and this made it even more powerful for me.

I also loved the scenes of her singing and interacting with the Batukadeiros.  It looked like such a celebration of life and love for music.  I hope she does something like that on the tour for that song.

So ... my only disappointment here is that we had heard rumors that all of the footage being shot this year was for something “long form” ... so, this was it. I thought “long form” might be longer (think ToD or IGTTYAS) ... or else a full visual album.

Not saying in any way that I am disappointed in this result ... I am just trying to come to a point of peace in accepting this may have been the last of the visuals ... unless we do get the “batukadeiras by the ocean” video and Faz Gastoso is filmed. (However, the latter is still rumor and the former could very well be for tour backdrop visuals at this point — we really don’t know.)

We have been SO spoiled this era already. It is just going to be difficult to accept when the goodies stop being delivered, you know? Hope I am not sounding ungrateful — I am SO SO grateful. But it’s just my brain’s way of trying to prepare for famine as it appears the feast may be winding down. (Think of the opening of ToD when she is speaking about the end of the BAT. “I just hope I’m in a safe place when it happens.”)

3 minutes ago, Mooncrown11 said:

That was one of my favorite parts!  I already loved that song and this made it even more powerful for me.

Absolutely! Agree! 

Loved your previous post, too. Agree it went by so quickly — hope there is more somehow.

I do wonder about the “handmaid” look as some have called it — and the “spy” look (blonde wig, sunglasses, trench) — and the blue dress look where we only see her back... 

The others it seems we have seen in videos and have been used more ... accordion and sax were featured heavily in this doc and were even used for tour promo images. But I’m curious about the under-used ones. (The “spy” look popped up as a hologram at the BBMAs, of course, but I am really shocked it hasn’t been used more, seeing as that is pretty core to the Madame X title and purpose. Was even more shocked how her face is darkened in shadow and not visible in the 2CD 32-page booklet. Like ... I get it. Mystery — you don’t really know her identity. But she is so gorgeous in that photo. Really — the only place to get it is on a T shirt or a hoodie? Come on!)

Sorry ... I realize I am sounding really whiney lately! You’d think she hadn’t been feeding us or something! 

12 minutes ago, Shaun said:

@peter all three album booklets are different and the original (non-darkened) spy pic appears in one of them.

Ah, thanks. I didn’t open a standard one yet — I must have forgotten the deluxe one... Just saw the darkened one on her IG today and was reminded about it. 

I think I’m subconsciously trying to save some things to enjoy when the era slows down. I feel like we got so much quickly once the album was announced. An embarrassment of riches! I don’t deserve her!

Edited, wrong thread, oops! Anyways, I'm watching the documentary tonight. 

Edited by kubi

56 minutes ago, peter said:

I think I’m subconsciously trying to save some things to enjoy when the era slows down. I feel like we got so much quickly once the album was announced. An embarrassment of riches! I don’t deserve her!

I do this too. I try to manage the avalanche to save for the lean times. I only just allowed myself to really invest in the 3 deluxe tracks.

i am saving the deep Rebel Heart demo dive until after she stops making music. I’ve only heard most of those once. 

3 hours ago, peter said:

So ... my only disappointment here is that we had heard rumors that all of the footage being shot this year was for something “long form” ... so, this was it. I thought “long form” might be longer (think ToD or IGTTYAS) ... or else a full visual album.

Not saying in any way that I am disappointed in this result ... I am just trying to come to a point of peace in accepting this may have been the last of the visuals ... unless we do get the “batukadeiras by the ocean” video and Faz Gastoso is filmed. (However, the latter is still rumor and the former could very well be for tour backdrop visuals at this point — we really don’t know.)

We have been SO spoiled this era already. It is just going to be difficult to accept when the goodies stop being delivered, you know? Hope I am not sounding ungrateful — I am SO SO grateful. But it’s just my brain’s way of trying to prepare for famine as it appears the feast may be winding down. (Think of the opening of ToD when she is speaking about the end of the BAT. “I just hope I’m in a safe place when it happens.”)

Happy with anything, they have been shooting footage of everything for many years and it has always resulted in nothing at all. Surprised they saved this till now, it would have been perfect to release as part of the album launch for media to use to augment their mostly boring interviews.

Finally watched it. Some amazing stuff and definitely makes you wish it was longer.

37 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

I’m surprised this hasn’t been advertised in any way nor mentioned on any of her social media accounts yet! Only megafanatics know about this.

Yeah I mean we only found out about this through an interview with a Spanish blog (and the damn thing is not available in Amazon Prime Spain yet so it's not like the blog could link directly to it).

is amazon prime a paid subscription? strange to have something that should be used to promote the album somewhere where most people wont see it....

1 minute ago, Paul said:

is amazon prime a paid subscription? strange to have something that should be used to promote the album somewhere where most people wont see it....

It's usually free for 30 days for new users.

I’m still hoping that the other characters she embodies in the teaser/documentary (nun, accordionist, spy...) are part of future videos and weren’t only for a photo shoot . The looks are so good not to see more of them!