Madonna - World of Madame X (Documentary on Amazon Prime)

1 hour ago, Priceless said:

Just watched the doc and it's very cool. Lots of great insights into many of the tracks on the album and I definitely learned a thing or two I didn't know before. I especially liked the extra footage of our favorite Madame X character in the short dark wig, fishnets and accordion. She is also clearly very comfortable with that saxophone. :lol:

This is clearly the end result of all the footage shot during the blood moon at the Panorâmico de Monsanto. The only mystery footage is the stuff shot at the beach, which we have been speculating is a video for Batuka but remains to be seen.

Madonna herself said in an interview that Batuka was filmed already. So odds are its for that.

31 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Madonna herself said in an interview that Batuka was filmed already. So odds are its for that.

Thank you! There are so many interviews to catch, I'm not sure I saw that one. Can you tell me which one it was?

9 minutes ago, Priceless said:

Thank you! There are so many interviews to catch, I'm not sure I saw that one. Can you tell me which one it was?

Im sorry I have no clue. There are so many like you said. Lol

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
6 hours ago, justi5myluv said:

Was browing Amazon prime video for madonna content and guess what i found? This documentary by Nuno: "Madonna - World Of Madame X" that was mentioned in the article! Some of the scenes we already seen from her Insta post before the album came out, but there were more visuals and scenes and her talking about the concept of the album.  

Don't have a link but if you have amazon video you should be able to search for it.

They kind of sneaked this one in there on us. I was wondering where a lot of this footage went.  I thought some of this was for future videos, but I guess not.  Though, the filming that was done on the Beach is still a mystery. 

Wow! Madonna is the gift that keeps giving this era.  Loved every second of this documentary. As someone mentioned before, "the only disappointment was it wasn't longer." I WANT MORE!!!!!!!

What a fabulous watch. Loved the clips of her photshoot with the musical instruments. I think that's my fav photoshoot from the era, although they are all gorgeous.

15 minutes ago, Jairo said:

Weird that this was released and there's zero comments on Amazon Prime social media or Madonna's IG.

Makes me wonder if there was intention of something bigger planned here, but it just didn't work out? 

8 minutes ago, Beastialg said:

Extremely weird. Zero hype even from Madonna's team.

Surprised by this as well was it even an official release though? It was pretty much all the teaser footage she shared on instagram months ago 

46 minutes ago, Amelia said:

They kind of sneaked this one in there on us. I was wondering where a lot of this footage went.  I thought some of this was for future videos, but I guess not.  Though, the filming that was done on the Beach is still a mystery. 

Wow! Madonna is the gift that keeps giving this era.  Loved every second of this documentary. As someone mentioned before, "the only disappointment was it wasn't longer." I WANT MORE!!!!!!!

Amazon does have the sticky and sweet tour and truth or dare but I am also surprised to find it there given there was no hype from her label. Maybe they were planning to show it on tv networks (it’s conveniently 23 minutes long which fits perfectly for a half hour time slot when you think about). It would have much more exposure if it was on Netflix imo. 

2 minutes ago, justi5myluv said:

Amazon does have the sticky and sweet tour and truth or dare but I am also surprised to find it there given there was no hype from her label. Maybe they were planning to show it on tv networks (it’s conveniently 23 minutes long which fits perfectly for a half hour time slot when you think about). It would have much more exposure if it was on Netflix imo. 

Yes, this is why I wonder if there was something bigger planned, but didn't pan out.  If you recall, there was that time she went to Netflix for a meeting of some sort last year.  I wonder that she may have planned a longer themed documentary on her life in Lisbon. Of course, I'm just making assumptions, and I agree Netflix would probably have been better exposure for this, but Amazon is pretty popular too.  Just weird how there was no mention of this.  They just quietly uploaded it to their site and not said anything yet.

2 hours ago, tboonen said:

I LOVE this one!!!

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 21.46.41.png

My thoughts exactly. 

She was so beautiful in all of the video but this blew my mind at the end. 

I need more of THIS!

4 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Madonna also talked about the Kubrick inspiration 🙂

i think @robster was the one who pointed out the inspiration a few weeks ago. (Where is he, btw?)

he won't be back until she releases a new album 

Sitting here, emotional, completely awestruck by the doc. I’m not even this inspired at 34 and here’s Madonna at 60, the media’s most abused punching bag, creating FUCKING ART and gaining inspiration from cultures that span the globe! It’s like she becomes more mythical and intricate as the years pass.

“People feel like they are God when they’re holding a gun.” Even more layers to the song’s title. 🤯🤯