"Back That Up to the Beat" Thread

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Reading threads like this makes me so relieved we heard zero Madame X demos

AMEN!!

I have a feeling MX would be deemed to unnecessarily "busy".

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 4:10 PM, medellin said:

I prefer this version but I can understand why ppl like the demo more. 

which is the biggest diffrenece?

I love the drums, or whatever is sounding for the rythm!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 1:57 PM, Shaun said:

And your point? If someone prefers one version or the other, doesn't make their opinion invalid.

3 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Do you think she intentionally erased the word "beat" from the song, because Trolldonna knew we would compare it to the demo? :IMG_1564:

Maybe she wants the listener to complete it for her? Lol, we stan a sing-a-long queen.

7 hours ago, dylanciccone_ said:

And your point? If someone prefers one version or the other, doesn't make their opinion invalid.

The point is that hearing works-in-progress before the final versions that complete the artists vision (let alone being exposed to them while the process is still going) shapes our perceptions, in more ways than one (and far more than we probably realize). And thus affect the way we take in, perceive, and process the true, final version of the work. Artists know this...that's why 99% of the time they don't expose their work to the public until they believe it's finished and fulfills their vision. Hearing earlier versions/demos later, after the fact, is different, as then those perceptions of the work are built on the foundation of the final work (as most artists probably intend).

12 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

The point is that hearing works-in-progress before the final versions that complete the artists vision (let alone being exposed to them while the process is still going) shapes our perceptions, in more ways than one (and far more than we probably realize). And thus affect the way we take in, perceive, and process the true, final version of the work. Artists know this...that's why 99% of the time they don't expose their work to the public until they believe it's finished and fulfills their vision. Hearing earlier versions/demos later, after the fact, is different, as then those perceptions of the work are built on the foundation of the final work (as most artists probably intend).

Your patience is commendable.

7 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

That s right

OMG I didn't realize so many people dislike it. As I said before, usually I'm not a fan of autotuned or vocodered vocals at all, but on those Madame X bonus tracks, I somehow don't mind them at all. 

In fact, I think the effect sounds really cool. Not talking about the lyrics here though. 

14 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Exactly! I have zero doubt that perceptions of some RH songs would be completely different if we'd never heard the demos pre-release.

I heard WAOM played on MX Radio the other day and what a lush song.....it often gets criticized for it's heaviness but had we never heard that Eurodance demo, I truly think it would be considered among her best songs. Then add in pre-conceived notions about who was working on the album (Kanye) and voila.....the whole perception of the music is changed and most has very little to do with the music itself. 

15 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Point taken however there are instances where she backtracked and went and changed final versions of her own works to release something new. She even went on record saying her preferred version of Living For Love was a demo. People can like demos or final versions. It's this "Oh well, I prefer the final version, her TRUE VISION" holier complex some people tout that is annoying. Personally I like the production on the new one and vocals from the demo so to me, win win with two versions of the same song.

I love the epic intro, feels like some old school video game...

By the way, does she actually say "to the BEAT" at some point ?

On 6/19/2019 at 2:57 AM, Shaun said:

It’s much better this way for sure. The songs are the songs. 

13 hours ago, fuzzydream said:

some are acting like its birthday song part two lol ..its a ok track ..does not belong on madame x though 

I like BDay Song. 🤣

20 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Well, today was a good day. 

:lmao:

Every day with some @VogueMusic is a good day for us at Madonnanation! :inlove:

8 hours ago, Ray Finkle said:

By the way, does she actually say "to the BEAT" at some point ?

A lot of folks seem to think not, but I was fairly certain I heard her say “beat” somewhere. I’ve only been able to listen to it maybe three times, though (because I have to have the CD in — not able to rip to .mp3 currently — will get that fixed eventually!)

2 hours ago, the-queen said:

I like BDay Song. 🤣

Me, too! :kiss2: And I like Back That Up to the Beat, as well. No one has ever complimented my tastes, though...