"Back That Up to the Beat" Thread

finally  heard this -  !!! I was looking fwd to this the most because I looooove the demo so much and have played it so much - I miss the Pharrellness of the demo !!! but it’s still good very world sound over a local dive bar sound of the original ha ha 

love the original demo beat tho -  it would have been nice to use fatman scoop throughout this final version tho instead of at the last minute or so 

Never really cared for the original demo but it’ll be interesting to hear how it’s changed when my deluxe CD arrives.

For me, the Rebel Heart Demo curse strikes again! 😆 I hadn't listened to it until recently, I was pleasantly surprised and thought it just needed a little something.  This wasn't it (if it is indeed the final version that I heard).

Only hearing this now, and love it! :Disco_Ball:

She could release a side album just for bonus songs, I'll buy!!

Fecking loves a lemon drop doesn't she?! :lmao:

oh no this version is just a mess. the rebel heart curse. demo is better than final product 😫

all the fun and pharrellness is what made it such a great track. 

glad it's a bonus

27 minutes ago, T0pher said:

the rebel heart curse

Lol.....so glad we don't have to worry with this time (outside of this song of course). 

All we hear are the final versions, nothing to compare it to.....so we'll never know if the demos are better than the final for MX.....as should be!!

As for this song, it's cool.....I only listened to it once so far so I prob need to listen again before making any real judgement on it. As of right now though, I too sorta prefer the demo.

21 hours ago, rebelheart said:

Bonus track material for sure, preferred the demo...

I love this version.  The three bonus tracks are perfect closure after I Rise. 

I wasn’t expecting much from this as I find the demo a bit boring, I never manage to get through it, but I really like what they’ve done with the production on this.

I love the demo but I love the album version more. Super energetic and fantastic production

I was one of the few here that stanned hard for that demo (and it's still funky as hell)...but I love what they've done with it. Took the essence of what it was in the "RH world" and made it work for the "Madame X world", so to speak...  Only thing I miss is that line "sometimes I can be extreme, but I'm never gonna stop".  Still works though.

Musically, it's got so many great elements - those flutes, those strings, the African drumming, that bass - it really could have had a place on the actual album.

Damn, they nailed every part of this album, even the bonus tracks.

I like it! I would happily have put in on the album instead of Batuka, Faz Gostoso or Bitch I'm Loca. Is it better than the demo? Not sure. It's been a while since I heard it but I remember thinking it was just ok and sounded too "Hard Candy" for the Rebel Heart album. I like the production here. There's a lot going on.