"Funana" Thread

15 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

(I thought she said disco dancing lol)

thought so, too. 🙂 'til i checked with geniuslyrics.com. "disco dancing" is much cooler imo.

1 hour ago, Crystal Coffin said:

And more interesting as well, since the song isn't disco at all 

Correct! Infectious beat + wistful message = funana

On 6/17/2019 at 8:57 PM, Bill said:

God how I adore this song!!’

What does she mean by “no Funana”?

Funana is a Cape Verdean dance. As a Cape Verdean I am elated seeing Madonna incorporate our music. By saying now Funana, she’s ostensibly saying “now let’s dance”. 

Guest Future feat Quavo

I like the song, it sounds like a demo. It sounds raw I guess idk 

2 hours ago, thelight said:

Funana is a Cape Verdean dance. As a Cape Verdean I am elated seeing Madonna incorporate our music. By saying now Funana, she’s ostensibly saying “now let’s dance”. 

Love it!!!

2 hours ago, thelight said:

:clap: 👏

I’ve finally got to hear this song and it reminds me of “I Fucked up”  or “Incredible” in the happy/sad kinda vibes... Is actually the only song I would like to hear without all the vocoder. 

14 hours ago, thelight said:

great! the same that happened to me with open your heart-sagarra jo!

14 hours ago, thelight said:

How cool! 👍

This song grew on me like a rash, bonus points for not mentioning PDF File Jackson

22 hours ago, Illuminati said:

I love the bittersweet melody and vibe.

Can see how some people may dislike the autotune, but I can enjoy it on this track. It adds something special to it.

Now Funana!!!

Agree totally @Illuminati.  I normally hate Autotune but somehow it works totally in this song.  

On 6/13/2019 at 10:57 PM, strictmachine said:

Erk, namedropping people like Bowie and Prince in one breath and Avicii and Mac Miller in another sounds a bit cringe...I mean, god rest all their souls but some of these things are not like the others. 

ikr - she names legend after legend and then near the end Avicii and Mac Miller??? Every time i hear it, they just seem so out of place - still love the song anyway

Just now, swimtoshore said:

ikr - she names legend after legend and then near the end Avicii and Mac Miller??? Every time i hear it, they just seem so out of place

Mac Miller seems out of place indeed but Avicii I understand totally.  She worked with him,  created great songs with him and would feel great sadness about his death. 

2 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Mac Miller seems out of place indeed but Avicii I understand totally.  She worked with him,  created great songs with him and would feel great sadness about his death. 

yeah that is true. Mac Miller on the other hand....