iHeartRadio Icons Madonna Interview

BRILLIANT!

She was on point in that interview! It felt more conversational than what she’s been doing lately. She was beautiful, interesting, smart, funny... her poking fun at herself had me proper laughing!

Aww love her... the little dipso 🤣🤣 Champagne Rose! Mariah Carey hasn’t a patch 🤣🤣🤣

More interviews like that Madonna PLEASE!

I loved her explanation for Dark Ballet, burning saints and then praising them when they’re gone “we need to stop doing that”.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
26 minutes ago, Shane said:

This is disturbing me that she was considering not recording another album until Lisbon inspired her!  Did you guys interpret that to mean ever, or just not for a while?  Yikes!

Love how she thinks of the songs by as her babies but managed to pick Extreme Occident and God Conteol as particular favorites.

I felt that she meant she wasn't rushed to make an album.  I think as she mentioned in other interviews, she intended to do a movie first, but that fell apart and then after being introduced to locals, she became inspired and eventually she moved on to working on music again.

Anyway, the interview was awesome. Though, I noticed a few mistakes, especially at the beginning when the guy interviewer mentioned "Crave" went #1. He said it a couple of times where one he specifically said it went #1 on the Dance charts.  Madonna totally missed it as well.  I'm sure he meant "Medellin" and had "Crave" on his mind because that was the first new song they played. 

A lot of great insight in a number of the songs on the new album as well as some of the older songs they played.  I'd love to see more indepth interviews like this that concentrate on the music.  Though, they probably should have had more audience questions and they should have asked them themselves. I had the feeling Madonna thought that's what was going to happen. 

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks

Watching now and laughing out loud at Madonna telling how Swae Lee got to calm the pigeons down and calling him a "pigeon whisperer"!! :dead:

I had a long hard ass shitty day at work, thank you Madonna for cheering me up!:lmao:

23 minutes ago, headonfire said:

If people haven't watched it the first time, it's repeating again.

http://www.livexlive.com/live-events/festival/iheartradio-icons-madonna

It's very worth watching and she reveals lots of great details about the album.

I'm watching the replay now. She's talking about how the eyepatch was put on her weaker eye. 🤣

10 hours ago, Miphiwart said:

Is that the same thing  just broadcasted or something else?

It was taped yesterday but only broadcasted today... It was sooo much fun. She was great I thought and I loved that they played a minute of most of the album songs.

Loved the explanation about the title Dark Ballet, indeed it feels like that.... and laughing out loud before that to her comments about the wine the wine is fucking with me :lmao:

On 6/22/2019 at 8:12 AM, Gaudet said:

Loved the explanation about the title Dark Ballet, indeed it feels like that.... and laughing out loud before that to her comments about the wine the wine is fucking with me :lmao:

After all this time I'm still so impressed with her wit. 

11 minutes ago, juliebean said:

thanks. i saw it now. it's my favorite interview from this era so far!

Yes, they let her talk. That's the most important thing. Unlike the MTV premiere🙄  anyway always LOVE her wit. M is such an intellectual lady. 

Excellent interview.  A good number of the tracks got good exposure and I love that the interviewers fully let her have the reins in speaking unlike the other TV interviews this era. 

Let's hope CRAVE benefits from this event!

Don't forget to VOTE for CRAVE to continue to be played on HOTTT AC RADIO. We have 17 hours to VOTE. It is now #38 on Hot AC RADIO (Adult Pop Songs/Adult Top 40 Chart ) for the week... let's get it to #35! WE are going up BABY!

5 hours ago, Shane said:

This is disturbing me that she was considering not recording another album until Lisbon inspired her!  Did you guys interpret that to mean ever, or just not for a while?  Yikes!

Love how she thinks of the songs by as her babies but managed to pick Extreme Occident and God Conteol as particular favorites.

Didn't she mention in an earlier interview (could be with nyt) that the RH leaks devastated her and put her off from making music/recording again?