Madame X album general discussion

19 minutes ago, toujours said:

Let's enjoy the X ride fellow fan fr the '80s

I agree, toujours Xfellow fan from the '80s. What an incredible ride we've been on since her debut. Let's recap:

Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Who's That Girl, Like a Prayer, Dick Tracy, Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Evita, Ray of Light, Music, American Life, Confessions on a Dance Floor (still my favorite album), Hard Candy, MDNA, Rebel Heart, Madame X

Madonnaman X
fan since 1982

This album... wow. Confessions fans wanting a part 2, please step away and go listen to Cyndi Lauper's dated-upon-release dance album, there's your part 2.

Anyway, Crazy is one of my early favourite, those vocals and that beat! The vocal reminds me of the grittiness of Rescue Me at times 😄

Then we have I Don't Search I Find going into Looking for Mercy and I am dead.

I've listened 3x in a row this morning, and I really can't see me wanting to listen to anything else for a long time!

OH MY GOD What a f*cking amazing album!!! I've been in a trance since this morning, can't stop listening to it !!!

Faz Gostoso + Bitch I'm Loca (very sexy vocals) + I Don't Search I Find = my holy trinity of disco bangers !!!

Looking for Mercy makes me want to cry. I love it !!!

I'm obsessed ! OBSESSED !!!

Still dead a day later. Hungover from the brilliance. It’s an emotional experience this album.

Now all day I thought - this Madonna making this record is IN LOVE...I think she feels safe in the love she’s found - and then in the Today show interview she confirms the love and she looks so in love. Human in her love. I hope it lasts for her she so deserves it. 

Love is freedom!

8 hours ago, stevo208 said:

One thing is for certain, fans on here, and fan friends of mine all have different favourites. Every track on this album has been listed as a favourite or standout for someone. I don't recall that ever happening before. There's always one song that is universally the initial standout and one that is considered the dud. Not this time.

That's the real benchmark of a truly fantastic album and she has achieved that here.

I think in this case the song was I Dont Search I Find, which has been hailed by both critics and fans INITIALLY. Then there were other fav mentioned.

17 hours ago, madonnaman said:

I agree, toujours Xfellow fan from the '80s. What an incredible ride we've been on since her debut. Let's recap:

Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Who's That Girl, Like a Prayer, Dick Tracy, Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Evita, Ray of Light, Music, American Life, Confessions on a Dance Floor (still my favorite album), Hard Candy, MDNA, Rebel Heart, Madame X

Madonnaman X
fan since 1982

Yes, madonnaman! We've been with QoP since the dawn of time, er her career. ^_- She has "soundtracked" the peaks and valleys of every fan's life. And we'll stick by her 'til the kingdom come, right?

Edited by toujours

19 minutes ago, toujours said:

Yes, madonnaman! We've been with QoP since the dawn of time, er her career. ^_- She has "soundtracked" the peaks and valleys of every fan's life. And we'll stick by her 'til the kingdom come, right?

toujours X, our love for Madonna, the QOP, is unconditional. 

Madonnaman X

image.png

7 hours ago, Toni said:

That does make sense to me, and I love RH. M❌ Is on such a different level.

Thanks for agreeing. And yes, again I must stress, we HAVE to compare her albums and when we do so, it should NOT be seen as "pitting A against B". If everything is totally reduced to "oh I love all her albums, each one is wonderful in its own way", then what type of conversation we could have at all? :confused:

Madame X is just too outstanding for today's pop and many can't say the same thing about RH and MDNA. 

9 hours ago, Samo said:

It's ok,. I have to listen to it a few more times, again I hated American Life so being that this album seems like a sequel to that turd with the overrated vocoder obsessed Mirwais on board, I honestly didn't expect that much

No HUGE dance anthems, basic lyrics (like AL),vocoder overload, sameness to many of the songs, bizarre political slant (not even sure Madonna knows what she means) just like AL

No wonder it's getting mixed reviews from the critics, this could of been the BIG return to form for her, she was on the right track with RH, which was far superior, those melodies on RH....

Of the songs not released ahead of time, I like God Control, Come Alive and I don't Search I Find the most

You've been such a BORE and a BITTER BETTY since day one that I pray you hate all so much that you move on and be a fan of whoever else.

In my opinion that  Madame X is for albums what BAT was for tours. This is a new standard of how an album can have twists, changes, bizarre, mixed styles and songs for different generations. 

9 minutes ago, karbatal said:

In my opinion that  Madame X is for albums what BAT was for tours. This is a new standard of how an album can have twists, changes, bizarre, mixed styles and songs for different generations. 

Yes, I wouldnt call it "Bizarre" thou but unique or unconventional or futuristic

I find it bizarre that many reviewers just called it bizarre when they couldnt understand any of it or wanted to write her off but couldnt

10 hours ago, Samo said:

It's ok,. I have to listen to it a few more times, again I hated American Life so being that this album seems like a sequel to that turd with the overrated vocoder obsessed Mirwais on board, I honestly didn't expect that much

No HUGE dance anthems, basic lyrics (like AL),vocoder overload, sameness to many of the songs, bizarre political slant (not even sure Madonna knows what she means) just like AL

No wonder it's getting mixed reviews from the critics, this could of been the BIG return to form for her, she was on the right track with RH, which was far superior, those melodies on RH....

Of the songs not released ahead of time, I like God Control, Come Alive and I don't Search I Find the most

georgina.gif

4 hours ago, boy skeffington said:

Still dead a day later. Hungover from the brilliance. It’s an emotional experience this album.

Now all day I thought - this Madonna making this record is IN LOVE...I think she feels safe in the love she’s found - and then in the Today show interview she confirms the love and she looks so in love. Human in her love. I hope it lasts for her she so deserves it. 

Love is freedom!

Tnks for this , love the two , he s a really good interviewer , 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

You've been such a BORE and a BITTER BETTY since day one that I pray you hate all so much that you move on and be a fan of whoever else.

Why because I don't love this particular Album?  And I don't hate it either

I loved Rebel Heart, many fans on here didn't, they're still fans and entitled to their OPINIONS

Madonna, Queen of having your own opinion, wouldn't want it any other way

I love how NME call it a „brilliant beast of an album“. Couldn’t agree more. It’s so diverse and fresh and bold. 

15 hours ago, Herfaceremains said:

don’t know if this was posted anywhere, but it’s a decent interview. 

Madonna was quite candid with and warm to Dan in this interview. Fabulous interaction between these two. And his top 5 list of M songs was unpredictable. "You'll See" and "Another Suitcase in Another Hall" being two of the most impactful tracks in his life.   

Thanks for posting.

31 minutes ago, Lolo said:

I love how NME call it a „brilliant beast of an album“. Couldn’t agree more. It’s so diverse and fresh and bold. 

100%.   

7 hours ago, SheldonCooper said:

Sweet. Madonna gets no respect for creating this brilliant album i will be listening for years.  The album is so original and cool AF 

👍

I'm in the middle of my listening experience now. Halfway through and so far I was expecting to be blown away by Madonna Louise Ciccone but not THIS blown away again. Like the very first time. Loving it all. Thank you Madonna for keeping us all on our toes. 36 years on. Majestic

8 hours ago, Mozo1 said:

That's absolutely lovely. And I adore the respect. 

Indeed

The Queen has once again justified all the love and respect. I love it when she gets it from the very same people that end up being privileged enough to enter her world as collaborators. Tells you so much about Madonna the person and not merely Madonna world renowned artist and music legend