Madame X album general discussion

2 hours ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

No one can decided on a favorite, no one can decide on a least favorite. Good sign! :lol:

So true ! Everyone have his favorite and least favorite, there's no general concensus. :lol:

3 hours ago, reinventionlad said:

I don't like all the autotune and it sounds like she is mumbling in some of the vocals. The experimental nature is certainly different and may grow on me but dark ballet for example has great vocals and the middle section just spoils it for me. Don't want to bring negativity though its just my opinion and glad so many fans are loving it.

I think you have to give it a chance...

I remember when I heard ROL for the 1st time, I hated every songs on the album (apart Frozen). Now this is my favorite M album ever. 

Sometimes after many listens you finally get the song and they stay in you forever. 

3 hours ago, Butter9 said:

I did love the song when it was first released but somehow now I think it's one of the weakest songs on the album ( for me the other one is Bitch I'm Loca.).

It's weird right ? I know it's weird . haha

It happened the opposite to me. I love Medellín and Crave even more. 

Have any of the pop tarts tweeted or instagrammed anything about the album?

I'd search myself but I'm in work.

I'll have a good look later myself.

2 hours ago, Shane said:

This album is a masterpiece.  Even in the age of streaming, I have given Madonna the respect of playing her albums as she has sequenced them, and sometimes as in the case of Hard Candy and MDNA, I had to work at understanding the sequencing.  Madame X sequencing is perfect as fuck, like ROL, Music, AL, and Confessions.  What a journey!  I don’t really think I’ll start playing individual tracks for several weeks because the album is a journey. I will be enjoying straight through from Medellín to I Rise.

Oh, and Crave works perfectly as a centerpiece on this magnum opus.

Yes, Crave is like the first track on the B side. ♥️

I just have to say how emotional it makes me when I listen to Madonna singing in perfect Portuguese (sometimes from Portugal, sometimes from Brazil and sometimes from Cape Verde).

Never in a million years I thought my favorite artist (and the biggest artist who ever lived) would make art with my mother language. I just want to cry, especially because the songs she sings in Portuguese are pieces of pure art. I have no words to describe my feelings, I think it's a mix of lucidity and craziness. 

It's something it will be forever in my heart and I'm so fucking grateful for it!

Thank you, Madonna!

Thank YOU!

Ok i’ve listened to it at midnight before bed and i was overwhelmed by this album. Have been listening to it all day in my car cause it sounds so epic in there lol It is truely magic. We all know now why she kept #’ing Magic all this time. 

I agree with everyone this is ART.  Blown away. It’s pop art.  Mirwais was right a world album! So worth the wait!

At this stage of her career!

Madonna + Mirwais is 🔥 They should marry in musical terms and work together forever! ❤️

Best album this year by far from any artist!

56 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

It happened the opposite to me. I love Medellín and Crave even more. 

Am happy to hear that actually . We all can love different parts of Madonna. I think that's how she would want us to feel. 

I've just bought the deluxe and I'm enjoying this beautiful album right now! My favorite songs at the moment...I would say, apart of Medellin, Crave and Dark Ballet, God Control, Crazy, Faz gostoso and the marvellous Looking for Mercy (her vocals are everything!!!!)

God Control is the best Madonna song since Like A Prayer. Still digesting the album. Definitely her most complete album since COADF. It's a Journey. I'm So impressed.

Every time leading up to an album, various camps fret about whether there will be bangers, ballads, experimentation etc.  Isn’t the reason we love her that she gives us all of these things each time around?  Every album is full of variety.  Unless she is doing a specific genre project like Something to Remember or Confessions on a Dance Floor, each madonna album is a smorgasbord.

I would encourage each and every one of us to think about our initial least favorite track and make sure not to skip it.  Let it sink in.  Respect her decision. I honestly think this album could have one of the greatest track sequencings of her career.

The album is all kinds of perfection. 

The only gripe I have with it is the overuse of autotune. Literally, the ONLY gripe. Everything else is on point which culminates into her best and most cohesive narrative since Music.

3 minutes ago, Urien said:

The album is all kinds of perfection. 

The only gripe I have with it is the overuse of autotune. Literally, the ONLY gripe. Everything else is on point which culminates into her best and most cohesive narrative since Music.

Well, I thought it would be a problem for me too, but I kind feel that it fits the songs. My only problem with this album is that it ends 😅 joking apart there are just minimal things I don't get but it is completely irrelevant compared to the greatness of this album. I am in love

Edited by Geiger83

1 hour ago, Mat.Guy said:

I just have to say how emotional it makes me when I listen to Madonna singing in perfect Portuguese (sometimes from Portugal, sometimes from Brazil and sometimes from Cape Verde).

Never in a million years I thought my favorite artist (and the biggest artist who ever lived) would make art with my mother language. I just want to cry, especially because the songs she sings in Portuguese are pieces of pure art. I have no words to describe my feelings, I think it's a mix of lucidity and craziness. 

It's something it will be forever in my heart and I'm so fucking grateful for it!

Thank you, Madonna!

Thank YOU!

Yay!!

47 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

I've just bought the deluxe and I'm enjoying this beautiful album right now! My favorite songs at the moment...I would say, apart of Medellin, Crave and Dark Ballet, God Control, Crazy, Faz gostoso and the marvellous Looking for Mercy (her vocals are everything!!!!)

Fantastic!!!