Madame X album general discussion

3 minutes ago, nightcutter said:

This is what I asked on the previous page. Is the cd quality good? Does it have clicks and such like.

The cd is crystal clear. You probably heard the leak from the vinyl rip. That was pretty bad. 

1 minute ago, DanM said:

I'm listening to the iTunes version with believe me great earphones, but the distortion is almost in every song and clicks here and there. If you are listening to the CD hopefully it's great.

My CD should arrive tomorrow ... Listening to something else ... 🤐 ... In flac.

6 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

The cd is crystal clear. You probably heard the leak from the vinyl rip. That was pretty bad. 

5 minutes ago, Ladyplus said:

My CD should arrive tomorrow ... Listening to something else ... 🤐 ... In flac.

Nope, it's not the vinyl leak, come on 😄 then i'm crossing my finger for the CD

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

are you listening to a leak? im hearing the opposite, that the mastering is really good

Yep! I think this is the crispiest album she’s ever done. It sounds REALLY good.

First impressions - the album kicks ass. It definitely feels like a classic Madonna album. ie. something only she could produce/release. Still need a few more listens to really appreciate the songs but on only one listen this is how I rate:

Medellín (with Maluma) - 9

Dark Ballet - 10

God Control - 10

Future (ft. Quavo) - 8

Batuka - 8

Killers Who Are Partying - 8

Crave (ft. Swae Lee) - 10

Crazy - 8

Come Alive - 7

Extreme Occident - 8

Faz Gostoso (ft. Anitta) - 10

Bitch I’m Loca (ft. Maluma) - 10

I Don’t Search I Find - 9

Looking for Mercy - 10

I Rise - 7

Bold were the ones I wanted to listen to again first.

Faz Gostoso and Bitch, I’m Loca are 🔥🔥🔥

What I really like about this album is that even though she worked with Mirwais again it never feels like a retread. I cannot trace anything here back to Music or American Life in an obvious way and I love that. I think MDNA sort of suffered from that at times, I remember thinking I'm a Sinner being in the ''Beautiful Stranger- Amazing'' category when I listened to it. There is nothing like that here, they produced something so fresh together. 

Almost everyone is raving about Extreme Occident and Looking For Mercy, so I have decided my initial listen will definitely be the blonde cover.  Do they just sound like amazing bonus tracks or a cohesive part of the running order?

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

Almost everyone is raving about Extreme Occident and Looking For Mercy, so I have decided my initial listen will definitely be the blonde cover.  Do they just sound like amazing bonus tracks or a cohesive part of the running order?

They are essential to the record. None of bonus tracks sound like fillers. This is amazing back to back! 

Just now, Shane said:

Reading on another music forum that there are three songs with pure vocals and that she sings with her Evita voice on one song?!?!

I didn't;t hear any Evita but I guess the closest thing to that is Looking For Mercy

Crave, I Rise, and Crazy are probably the only song from memory that have un-tinkered vocals. 

4 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I didn't;t hear any Evita but I guess the closest thing to that is Looking For Mercy

Crave, I Rise, and Crazy are probably the only song from memory that have un-tinkered vocals. 

I always love the various reactions and how different they can be.  Some other descriptions that have intrigued me are one ballad being called “creepy and Medeival sounding,” and a reference to another song that “keeps changing sections with multiple parts.”  And the various descriptions I have read of Come Alive are all over the map!

I’ve seen similarities to Paul Simon’s Graceland (which won Grammy Album Of The Year) if any justice....at least a nomination would be nice

Here in the Philippines there is no word from the music distributor regarding the local release of Madame X. Sad... I look up on their fb page and Madonna is not listed anymore from their roster of artists. They kept promoting Taylor Swift here. 

Does anyone from here or from Germany know, do we germans have to stream the album or can we listen the digital format or the cd? Will streaming be counted for the charts? 

The sound is edgy(in a good way). But I think the one track everybody will agree on is God Control. It's awesome.

I'm so glad there will be a video for it. It's religious political, and SO gay.:tongue: