Madame X album general discussion

Does anyone know which track has the slow drawn out notes from the first Madame x teaser? I haven’t heard every song yet. I’m also wondering if the track from her instagram (estere doesn’t like the music) made it. ??

15 minutes ago, FlyOnTheWall said:

Does anyone know which track has the slow drawn out notes from the first Madame x teaser? I haven’t heard every song yet. I’m also wondering if the track from her instagram (estere doesn’t like the music) made it. ??

Extreme Occident...idk about the second part. 

26 minutes ago, FlyOnTheWall said:

But those long drawn out static notes aren’t in the song. Maybe just for the promo. 

Oh I’m not sure...gotta watch that again and see if I can figure it out also! 

50 minutes ago, FlyOnTheWall said:

The weird sound is from Killers Who Are Partying, but not included the drum beat. 

Sorry I was at work all day and think I’ve missed something about “3 tracks”? Is there a special additional album with 3 unknown new tracks?

🤦‍♂️ I don’t want to read from the beginning. 

16 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Sorry I was at work all day and think I’ve missed something about “3 tracks”? Is there a special additional album with 3 unknown new tracks?

Box set has three addtl

16 minutes ago, JayMac said:

There’s a 2-disc deluxe edition that’s only available in the box set or as an import (if you’re American). The second disc has the 3 songs (Funana, Back That Up, and Ciao Bella).

Oh wow that’s awesome! Thank you.

who knew “I don’t search I find” would be the most amazing track on the album 😍

I’ll never judge a track purely on song title alone again lol 

4 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Oh wow that’s awesome! Thank you.

who knew “I don’t search I find” would be the most amazing track on the album 😍

I’ll never judge a track purely on song title alone again lol 

After hearing so many people say it has an Erotica vibe, it’s become the song I’m most excited about.  And I am really curious about Back That Up.  I didn’t like the demo (it was the only song from the Rebel Heart sessions I didn’t like), but assuming its the same song, I really want to hear what she did with it.

me too! look at what she did for "Beat goes on" demo! I have total faith that "back that up" will be great!

You will melt when you hear "I don't search I find" 🤯

Like I said before, this album might seem a COADF to some, but the impact is going to be the same as ROL or Music, because it's that unique "Madonna ahead of the time" sound.

And not just ahead, but an elegant mix of great latin/portuguese/brazilian music + her pop touch. And inteligence. It's an inteligent album, a mature album that'll make pop starlets scream and moan for not being bold enough (nor creative enough) to do the same.

From what's available I hear Bedtime Stories, Evita, and Music. Madame X is stranger than I anticipated. I appreciate the attempt after wallowing in youth culture for the previous two albums or three if you count Hard Candy as chasing the approval of the kids.

5 hours ago, MichaelDieker said:

I just want to say that I adore your posts and I am so glad you are on this forum 🙂 

EVEN while I wag my <jealous> finger at all you leak listeners haha I'd say you're all due a spanking but as madonna fans I know youd take that as a reward:) 

Thank you for such kind words! It really means so much to me. ♥️ 

And omg, yes, we’ve been bad, haha, but I assure you, I cried laying there, listening to the album in full. Blown away. And when it’s finally released, I’m gonna play it on the loop for years to come!!! ♥️❌✨

1 hour ago, momosfantasy said:

After hearing so many people say it has an Erotica vibe, it’s become the song I’m most excited about.  And I am really curious about Back That Up.  I didn’t like the demo (it was the only song from the Rebel Heart sessions I didn’t like), but assuming its the same song, I really want to hear what she did with it.

To me it sounds like a mix of Vogue and Porcelain by Moby 

She obviously went back to recording the way she prefers and the result is an album that is more in-line with what her output was like pre-"360 deal".

Can't help but remember her comments last year:

madonna-writing-camps-frustration.jpg?re

This might be a stupid thing to say but one of the strengths of this album is the way it sounds so different and new for her yet it has the melodies that bring you back vintage Madonna. With the production of its time I can totally see Madonna singing Looking for Mercy in 1989. For some odd reason, I am brought back to the True Blue days in the chorus of Crazy.. I'm not talking about the production but something in the essence of melodies. I think she tapped into an energy here that made us all love her in the first place and it shows in the reactions of people. Also, I am somebody who became a fan at the age of nine with the song Music and I can safely say that if that song was ''God Control'' it would also convert me 🙂 Sorry for rambling, the album has excited me so much I am in a state of euphoria and the last time this happened for a new album in this intensity was probably in 2005.

30 minutes ago, berke said:

With the production of its time I can totally see Madonna singing Looking for Mercy in 1989. For some odd reason, I am brought back to the True Blue days in the chorus of Crazy..

Same thoughts!

11 hours ago, xtaticboy82 said:

Please vote for Madame X on Billboard as the album you are most excited for this year:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8515479/upcoming-pop-albums-poll?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

We are doing OK so far...

Billboard Madonna album.JPG

42 minutes ago, CalinB said:

We are doing OK so far...

Billboard Madonna album.JPG

I cannot vote...the poll doesn't apper to me...does anyone know why? 😞

3 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

But calling it her best work in 20 years. 

Well, that's an exaggeration. :lmao:

I'm getting more and more convinced that this 'woke' twenty or thirty year olds that are asked to write reviews have absolutely no idea how to write about music. 

2 minutes ago, headonfire said:

Well, that's an exaggeration. :lmao:

I'm getting more and more convinced that this 'woke' twenty or thirty year olds that are asked to write reviews have absolutely no idea how to write about music. 

That is exactly my impression. People are writing about Madonna without knowing her and that is really odd