“Killers Who Are Partying” thread

On 6/24/2019 at 5:02 PM, Rock said:

The refrain always makes me smile cuz she pronounces "selvagem" (wild) like "só vagem" (just stringbean). :chuckle:

OMG now that makes sense! :lmao:I saw this yesterday, which I found absolutely hilarious even without knowing the play on words as unfortunately I do not speak Portoguese, but in light of the above explanation is even funnier now, pissing myself laughing!!😂

:dead:

On 6/13/2019 at 8:35 PM, headonfire said:

I love Killers, and totally disagree with the reviews that complain about the lyrics.

Here a part of Boy Cultures review that perfectly sums up why the criticism of this song's lyrics is unjustified: https://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2019/06/madonna-madame-x-review.html

Reviewers seem to dislike the awkwardly titled — it reads like a poor translation back into English — “Killers Who Are Partying” because it is an example of a “white savior” attitude: “I'll be Africa/If Africa is shut down” delivered in a strange (and distracting) African-inflected accent. But perhaps SJWs should hold their fire on white allies when they have, for 30 years or more, used their platforms not to steal from other cultures and factions, but to share their platforms with them. If the end goal is to achieve sincere empathy and if allies are a plus, Madonna, a self-made woman, is an example of both things. She is also approaching the concept of desiring to understand the position of others as the white mother of four black, African children; a biracial daughter; and a white son. It's not tone-deaf to sing, “I will be gay/If the gay(s) are burned,” not when the person singing is also admitting firmly, “I know what I am/And I know what I'm not.” It's musical empathy, not musical exploitation, her somber version of Machine's “There but for the Grace of God Go I,” and the song is blissfully ready to be sung on her intimate tour.

Great comparison!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 10:50 PM, Carey said:

question, is this beautiful track the first Madonna "humming" moment we've had since when? (hear: 3:34)

i can't remember the last time we had a hum.

I guess the last time was on "Isaac"

I love when she hums, that's part of her own artistry.

Anyone calling Killers "cultural appropriation" or such nonsense are straight-up fucking idiots and should be ignored for their boringness. 

I find myself going directly to this song lately. The musical arrangement is just so smooth and soothing but totally unique! This is some classic M&M stuff here!

This songs was the one I liked the least on the album, but has grown on me A LOT!

I especially love now this part of the song: O mundo é selvagem O caminho é solitário (é, é, é, é)

OK I think I need to learn to play the accordion! Madame X inspired me to pick up a guitar in 2001, now she's gonna get me playing the squeezebox! I'm obsessing with how it meanders through the song and the cool electronic filters on it. Her vocals are so beautiful in this song too gahd. Gorgeous. The heart of Madame X is Killers.

KWAP is like the dark, twisted, evil step sister of 'I deserve it' from Music in terms of production. I don't know if anyone hears it?

Also, I played Madame X in its entirety for my bestie and she was BLOWN away by this Killers.

4 hours ago, Andgon144 said:

KWAP is like the dark, twisted, evil step sister of 'I deserve it' from Music in terms of production. I don't know if anyone hears it?

Hmmm.....never really made that connection but I can totally hear that now that you mention it!!

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

Hmmm.....never really made that connection but I can totally hear that now that you mention it!!

It's totally there, especially when KWAP picks up during the second part of the song!

Love Mirwais and Madonna together

• 2 weeks later...

Madonna has a new photo of her with lots of curls tagged “Killers.” So either she is rehearsing (that is also tagged), or it’s a new look for something to do with Killers. I’m just curious. 

• 1 month later...

yesterday I was playing this song at home... and mom said "How beautiful this song is!.!"

🙂

sometimes she surprises me with her M faves.

• 1 month later...
Guest eroticerotic
On 7/11/2019 at 3:59 PM, Gaudet said:

OMG now that makes sense! :lmao:I saw this yesterday, which I found absolutely hilarious even without knowing the play on words as unfortunately I do not speak Portoguese, but in light of the above explanation is even funnier now, pissing myself laughing!!😂

:dead:

who is this and where can we find the full video lol

On 10/27/2019 at 2:07 AM, Nikki said:

Wish there wasnt autotune.. it would be in my top 20 fav M songs.. the production is  brilliant

The autotune blends the fado and the modernity of the song.  It is perfect.