“Killers Who Are Partying” thread

Sonicaly it is really a ear-candy.

The theme of the song is at least for me very relevant. Every time i read / hear etc about injustice inflicted upon a person or group of persons, i identify with their feelings trough empathy, so their rage is my rage. When directed at me, I RISE ABOVE IT 🙂

Plus the way she speaks about it in some clips, make it seems it was alongside Beautiful Game the birthplace of Madame X. She said smth along the lines : didn't know how Mirwais would respond to me, so i sent him this portuguese guitar and he replied with a full production in a day or smth 

11 hours ago, Simo9jo said:

I in Portuguese is Eu, there is no Y (or K, W either) in the Portuguese alphabet. No native words contain those 3 letters. So it has to be Eu sei (I know). 

Selvagem means wild. 

Thank you for transcribing the lyrics! I haven’t heard the song yet. Does it have an accordion? 

For Portuguese people...how is her /ão/ pronunciation? 

she finally mastered the ão pronounce hahaha nobody gets the correct sound outside Brasil or Portugal 😛 

1 hour ago, beautyiswhereIfoundit said:

she finally mastered the ão pronounce hahaha nobody gets the correct sound outside Brasil or Portugal 😛 

Thank you...that is impressive if she mastered those sounds! That is the best way to tell if someone is a native Portuguese speaker...ão

12 hours ago, Mensch said:

How does everyone feel about the lyrics and the Islam bit...

I thought I was going to find it a bit cringey but something about her delivery of the lyrics isn't, so it works for me. 

Like someone else mentioned, this song is like an audio movie in a way. These same lyrics delivered in a more straightforward way may not work as well. Like, if this song were on AL I think it could've veered into cringe territory. 

The lyrics may seem a bit naive at first. But anyone that had listened to talk in the past 30 years knows, that it’s heartfelt. And her delivery is just beautiful, as is the entire production. The instrumentation, the off beat, her vocals. Perfection. 

I love Killers, and totally disagree with the reviews that complain about the lyrics.

Here a part of Boy Cultures review that perfectly sums up why the criticism of this song's lyrics is unjustified: https://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2019/06/madonna-madame-x-review.html

Reviewers seem to dislike the awkwardly titled — it reads like a poor translation back into English — “Killers Who Are Partying” because it is an example of a “white savior” attitude: “I'll be Africa/If Africa is shut down” delivered in a strange (and distracting) African-inflected accent. But perhaps SJWs should hold their fire on white allies when they have, for 30 years or more, used their platforms not to steal from other cultures and factions, but to share their platforms with them. If the end goal is to achieve sincere empathy and if allies are a plus, Madonna, a self-made woman, is an example of both things. She is also approaching the concept of desiring to understand the position of others as the white mother of four black, African children; a biracial daughter; and a white son. It's not tone-deaf to sing, “I will be gay/If the gay(s) are burned,” not when the person singing is also admitting firmly, “I know what I am/And I know what I'm not.” It's musical empathy, not musical exploitation, her somber version of Machine's “There but for the Grace of God Go I,” and the song is blissfully ready to be sung on her intimate tour.

I have no problem with the lyrics other people may have problems with, but I think it's a little too literal for madonna.

the production is everything..  so fresh and cinematic

12 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I have no problem with the lyrics other people may have problems with, but I think it's a little too literal for madonna.

the production is everything..  so fresh and cinematic

Too literal but less cringy than 

You're like Brando on the silver screen
You're my hero in a mythical dream
You are perfect just the way that you are
You're Mike Jordan, you're my superstar

😂😂

I think the musicality and the delivery save the song. 

Yeah call it low expectations, but I really liked this! I do think the English verses are a bit cringy (but the I know what I am and what I'm not part elevates it), but every other element is amazing! All of the production and the Portuguese chorus is just so beautiful

This is the most surprising track for me cuz it’s my immediate favorite.  It’s exquisite.  And I love the lyrics.  I know what I am, and I know what I am not.  Those lines inexplicably hit me on the spot.