“Come Alive” thread

The guy gay ruined the whole experience talking over all the time and being pretentious, annoying and horny as Fuck talking about cock...

I wanted to give Tracy Y a chance but had to turn it off after the Come Alive remix.

3 hours ago, JR! said:

The guy gay ruined the whole experience talking over all the time and being pretentious, annoying and horny as Fuck talking about cock...

I wanted to give Tracy Y a chance but had to turn it off after the Come Alive remix.

Pathetic really...

It's a basic dance mix but I really like it. I don't like the original's production with that clippity clop sound all the way through. 

I'm grateful we're getting something new!

• 2 weeks later...

With the impending closure of the Madame X album discussion section, I’ve been spending a little time this weekend trying to catch up on threads I neglected earlier.

I just wanted to say that “Come Alive” is one of my faves (on an album full of stellar offerings) ... I love the background of the songwriting process for her, the stories of what inspired her (her own personal experiences, her daughters’ experiences, the instrumentation and its history) and then choosing the children’s choir, which conveys such a sense of hopefulness and joy and vibrancy of life. The history of the percussion just really makes this song even more profound. Love all the little extras in the production, and her slightly autotuned harmonizing back-up vocals... and then then climactic ending, which is just rapturous and reverberates in your spirit (and ears). The live version was such a highlight — even if it wasn’t so high concept, the music really lifted everyone in the audience.

Just wanted to contribute something before we shut this thing down. Thank you, Madame X!