“Come Alive” thread

On 7/6/2019 at 11:14 PM, Bat-Fan said:

It is a great song. Love the influences. Only complaint is that it gets a bit repeatative near the end with the choir singing come alive come alive to infinity. Every time I am thinking it is finished there comes more: come alive come alive... Forever. But yeah great song. The story behind the percussion was very interesting

this! for some reason i just noticed that the other day.

48 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Is this the 5th single?

Really? If true, then that's great. When was the last time we had a 5th single? ROL?

Well, I rise and future and come alive are the songs I haven’t managed to get into ...yet...Anyhow, I have the rest of  the album to make my own choices....for the singles and I’m also getting used since mdna. 

Otherwise said, I would have loved to get crazy and/or looking for mercy and/or i don’t  search, i find and/or even killers who are partying....

The outro is one of my favorite moments in the album. I’m usually walking down the street when I’m playing this song. I love the way the fade out echoes and vibrates through me. Stunning!

It's probably my favourite track on the record, love the ethinc percussions and the uplifting vibe of the song... i can't believe many fans don't like it or consider it just a filler, to me is part of the real core of the album (from track 5 to 10 roughly).

7 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

The outro is one of my favorite moments in the album. I’m usually walking down the street when I’m playing this song. I love the way the fade out echoes and vibrates through me. Stunning!

The outro is stunning indeed.  Actually wish the choir too was used more during the song. 

2 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Great song (despite the fact she sounds a bit bored, like she was laying down while she recorded this) the outro is amazing. Reminds me of Enya.

Flip the Switch,  I know.  I do love this song but actually feel that her vocals are a bit off in this.  For the first time ever,  she sounds nasal to me in this.  Madonna never sounds nasal so a bit of a shock.  

8 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

YES!! You described the feeling perfectly. That ending absolutely vibrates through you with some good headphones on....one of my favorite moments on the album.....then it goes right into the exquisite EO. :dramatic: I listen to MX frequently on walks and CA always makes me get some pep in my step, it's the perfect soundtrack to a beautiful sunny day (I know that sounds cheesy...lol...but it's so true).

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The outro is stunning indeed.  Actually wish the choir too was used more during the song. 

Flip the Switch,  I know.  I do love this song but actually feel that her vocals are a bit off in this.  For the first time ever,  she sounds nasal to me in this.  Madonna never sounds nasal so a bit of a shock.  

Yeah, the vocals pull me off (sad because the song is awesome). Reminds me of GGW. 

17 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

+1☺️

On 9/12/2019 at 7:31 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

She sounds kind of raspy, right? It's very different, but I actually think it adds to the song's vibe. For the pre-chorus, she switches to that soft, high and almost innocent tone which is a great contrast. 

Many people complained about the autotuned vocals on Madame X, but what I really love are her diverse vocal deliveries. My fav section is Killers - Crave - Crazy - Come Alive - Extreme Occident. For each song she chose a different vocal style. Amazing! 

On 9/13/2019 at 3:31 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

I don't hear this at all.

She is singing in many vocal styles, so it's maybe just new and unusual. I love the newness of it.

14 hours ago, Illuminati said:

She sounds kind of raspy, right? It's very different, but I actually think it adds to the song's vibe. For the pre-chorus, she switches to that soft, high and almost innocent tone which is a great contrast. 

Many people complained about the autotuned vocals on Madame X, but what I really love are her diverse vocal deliveries. My fav section is Killers - Crave - Crazy - Come Alive - Extreme Occident. For each song she chose a different vocal style. Amazing! 

Agreed!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2019 at 7:14 AM, Bat-Fan said:

Only complaint is that it gets a bit repeatative near the end with the choir singing come alive come alive to infinity. Every time I am thinking it is finished there comes more: come alive come alive... Forever.

Umm, seriously, this is your COMPLAINT? How can you NOT want this to go on forever? I love that chorus, I wish it would last for hours, it’s so celestial. 

7 hours ago, Illuminati said:

What are the real lyrics during the chorus? I'm not sure about the part that starts with: "They say be all I can be..." if that's correct to begin with...

They say be all I can be and all I want is peace peace peace peace peace peace

see the world how I see and all I wanna see is see is see is see is see is dreams 

Come Alive, Come Aliiivve :tigger:

19 hours ago, sillynate said:

They say be all I can be and all I want is peace peace peace peace peace peace

see the world how I see and all I wanna see is see is see is see is see is dreams 

Come Alive, Come Aliiivve :tigger:

Thank you! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Still a top track from the album for me. However she sounds, no doubt it's intentional- look at the other MX tracks. For this one, it's almost like a "This is me, deal with it" way she's singing, particularly the verses (except for the peace/see parts, which is a different vocal approach).

• 4 weeks later...

Is she singing about smoking weed at the beginning? 

I’m in the sky where I oughta be at (she’s high?)

Rocket ship taking off in that 

is the rocket ship line a reference to this song? 

The choir is one of the highlights of the song. It actually emphasizes one of Madame X's qualities : discovering another culture thanks to music. Actually, Madonna was inspired by gnaoua music from North Africa. Qraqebs (percussion instruments) are also used during the song.

What do I think about the song? It's moving. When the choir sings at the end, I get moved. I just can't help it! 😅 Imagine Madonna making such a beautiful song after all those years! An artist.

Edited by Mr.X