“Come Alive” thread

8 minutes ago, the-queen said:

The organ in the background gives me chills, elevating this into a religious type of experience, with the outro being cathartic. 

True. I always look forward to the outro. 

3 hours ago, Illuminati said:

WDR 2 here in Germany.

😲 wow, didn’t expect this. But it’s probably the most radio friendly song for your average middle of the road radio station. 

I am still not feeling this song. The ending is very strong, dramatic and beautiful, makes me think of bittersweet symphony, but I feel like the rest is a little dull. Had the same feelings about body shop, which I aways skip when I listen to RH. Hope CA will grow on the next days.

This song is such a treat on every listen-through. I keep forgetting about it because there are so many bigger, flashier songs on the album. But then "Come Alive" starts and scream like a queen and turn up the volume.

Absolute gem.

On 6/11/2019 at 11:03 AM, robster said:

I tried transcribing the lyrics:

They say "Be all I can be"

And all I want is peace, please, please, please, please, please
See the world
Haven't seen all I wanna see, see, see, see, seen in his dreams

AZlyrics also transcribed the lyrics:

They say we are like in Vietnam
And all I want is peace peace peace peace peace peace
See the world
Haven't seen it all I wanna see, see, see, see, see, see, see

Who's telling the truth? I want to sing the right lyrics lol :lol:

Hands down one of my favorites from the album.  Grabbed me on the first listen. The arrangement, the lyrics, the choir and how it builds to the end... :drama::drama::drama:...like levitating up to the heavens.

I can see why it was a bit overlooked in the early reviews considering the heaviness of much of the rest of the album (especially with what leads up to it)...but this is a necessary moment to slow it down and find that moment of peace within the journey. Kind of the perfect song to be placed in the middle of the album. Like the end of 'Act I'...

On 13 June 2019 at 8:23 AM, Adriano said:

i liked body shop, of course i love this.

with that choir it should be the album closer!

Agreed! This song literally makes me come ... alive! 

8 hours ago, Disintegration said:

Song is such a gem. I'm confident she'll do it on tour, and we'll all be chanting come alive come alive... while we try to decipher what she's singing so we can finally find out the lyrics. :biggrin:

I think this needs to be performed on tour. It’s the definition of intimate, and I can see it being touching/emotional - especially if the crowd begin chanting the chorus with an organ playing in the background. 

2 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Hands down one of my favorites from the album.  Grabbed me on the first listen. The arrangement, the lyrics, the choir and how it builds to the end... :drama::drama::drama:...like levitating up to the heavens.

I can see why it was a bit overlooked in the early reviews considering the heaviness of much of the rest of the album (especially with what leads up to it)...but this is a necessary moment to slow it down and find that moment of peace within the journey. Kind of the perfect song to be placed in the middle of the album. Like the end of 'Act I'...

All the early release tracks make sense in the running order of Madame X. I literally can feel my excitement rise when 'Come Alive' comes on. Hidden gem.

I love this song. I hope (somehow) it gets a video. It's so optimistic and a departure from much of the melancholy (which is still lovely) on Madame X.  ❤️

This is the most amazing, fucking incredible song on the album. It's just a different thing for M, it sort of reminds me of the firdt time I heard Impressive Instant or Future Lovers. Just out of this world. Together with Future and Extreme Occident, Come Alive just makes me so happy to still be a fan and enjoy her music. 

So am i the only one thinking the kids choir is a sort of homage stylistically to You Cant Always get What You Want by the Rolling Stones?

Its just a fucking brilliant song. Great lyrics. Great music. Great melody. 

"Front Line I wont stand in the back" just sums her up completely. Its like her own personal manifesto for life.

I'm so in love with this pop masterpiece! Such euphoric JOY! I've never heard her sing in the way as in "They say be all I can and all I want is peace, please please please please please," every time it gets to that part my face gets chills haha Love her so much!

• 2 weeks later...

It’s in my top three Madame X songs from day one. Angelic celestial song. Much needed positivity and empowerment.